Official Review: Coached to Greatness by John M. Hawkins

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
unidhi05
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-unidhi05.html
Latest Review: Voice of the Elders by Greg Ripley

Re: Official Review: Coached to Greatness by John M. Hawkins

Post by unidhi05 »

Fabulous review. Sounds like a motiviating self-help book which helps everyone set realistic goals and strategies. A must read for all. Adding it to my bookshelves. Thank you.
Quinto
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 704
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-quinto.html
Latest Review: The Longfellah's Son: An Almost True Irish Story by Michael Cassidy

Post by Quinto »

I don’t mind a motivational book that requires work on my part towards realizing my goals and strategies, so I look forward to checking it out. Thanks for the wonderful review.
Ekta Kumari
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Rebecca
Currently Reading: Wild World
Bookshelf Size: 84
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ekta-kumari.html
Latest Review: Humanity Must Survive the 21st Century by Theodore Vornicu
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Ekta Kumari »

I really like the idea behind the book and the strategic approach of the author to get his message across. Thanks for an insightful review and congratulations to the author.
"Words dazzle and deceive because they are mimed by the face. But black words on a white page are the soul laid bare."

-Guy de Maupassant
Okafor Prosper
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 250
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-okafor-prosper.html
Latest Review: 52 Pieces: by Dr. Marina Kostina

Post by Okafor Prosper »

A self-help book that helps with different strategies to attain one's goals and stay motivated is always welcome in my library. I like that the author offers a practical approach.
fmd1821
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 137
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fmd1821.html
Latest Review: Mastering Real Estate with Private Money by Tom Braegelmann

Post by fmd1821 »

Amazing book to read, it really motivates you. This is the book I was looking for for a long time. It is clear, effective. It explains everything you need to know. We need more books like this!
briellejee
Currently Reading: Opaque
Bookshelf Size: 292
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-briellejee.html
Latest Review: The Watchmaker’s Doctor by G. M. T. Schuilling

Post by briellejee »

Sounds like a good motivational book. Not really into these genre but your review is interesting and persuasive enough to tell me to sample it. Thanks!
"All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost"
dragonet07
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 23031">The Beauty of the Fall</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1718
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dragonet07.html
Latest Review: Creating Literary Stories: A Fiction Writer's Guide by William H. Coles

Post by dragonet07 »

It seems that timing is everything lately. I'm not exactly at a high point in my life. I'm always busy with my freelance work but, at the end of the day, I feel like nothing is really getting done and I feel absolutely completely stuck. I have a hard time even remembering what I want or why anymore. Maybe this book will help guide me back to the path I really want to be on, rather than allow me to keep meandering through my current existence which I'm not 100% happy with. Thank you for the helpful review.
The more that you read,
The more things you will know.
The more that you learn,
The more places you'll go.
~Dr. Seuss
Suzzy_Rae
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Suzzy_Rae »

Hawkins partially redeems himself with occasional personal anecdotes, such as one about his prior struggles with obesity, or the story of how his grandfather declined a job with an aspiring but yet-unknown cartoonist named Walt Disney
Vickie Noel
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 86063">Are you afraid of the dark</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 868
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vickie-noel.html
Latest Review: Modern Day Cowboy by Nathaniel Sheft
Reading Device: B01C9JZEBO

Post by Vickie Noel »

I'm interested in the concept of symbolism and would like to know the difference between tactical and strategic activities. This book appears to be very handy to stimulate dwindling motivation. Thanks for sharing.
Stop waiting for what you WANT, start working with what you HAVE. --- Seth Cain
Never be bullied into questioning your own credibility. --- Vickie Noel
Moddesser Elahi
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: The Power of Now
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-moddesser-elahi.html
Latest Review: Then Comes The Flood by John Payne

Post by Moddesser Elahi »

This should be a very helpful practical self-help book which could guide us in making better decisions in life, along with helping us in various other aspects of our lives. Thank you for the review!
PANACEA - Please do not overvalue your body and mind! Just be life! :dance:
ezeikenna
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by ezeikenna »

From what I understood, coached to greatness is a motivational book, I recommend it because, today all we need is to be motivated for better of future, so from the guide line given to us by the author John M Hawkins, we will make future better.
Amanda Nicole Newton
Currently Reading: East Wind, 2nd Edition
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amanda-nicole-newton.html
Latest Review: Shadow's Adventure Home by Kathy Kovar

Post by Amanda Nicole Newton »

This sounds like a typical self help book, that asks you to work to make changes to better yourself. I like the idea of having an item to remind you of where you want to be to keep working towards your goals.
Mad Hatter: "Have I gone mad?"
Alice: "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are.”
56lives
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-56lives.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by 56lives »

Indeed, we need tools with which to work in order to achieve our objective. I like the idea of symbolism, a re-fueling mechanism when motivation starts to slip away, something physical that can remind us of what we need to do in order to succeed. Thumbs up for this fantastic review.
TheTrueNyree
Currently Reading: McDowell
Bookshelf Size: 77
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thetruenyree.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by TheTrueNyree »

Congratulations on BOTD. I think this book can help those wanting to take a closer look at themselves. Find ways to keep motivated. My husband and I personally meditate in the morning and before bed to clear our minds, and take a moment to be at peace..and it truly helps. Because at the end of meditation is when we pick one thing we are happy about and allow ourselves to build on creating that moment in our mind. You are not only relaxed but your spirit is happy. Anyway, I hope this helps those who read it.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”