What is the last movie you saw, and rating?

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
pablo1967
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: What is the last movie you saw, and rating?

Post by pablo1967 »

The last movie i saw was Brightburn,it's a very good movie,if you like sy-fy stuff,it is very graphic movie in it's violence.I would not recommend it for people who do not want to see blood,child discretion is advised also,other then that it is very well done.
pablo1967
Currently Reading:

Post by pablo1967 »

Sorry i forgot to rate the movie brightburn.i would give it 4 out of 5 stars.
Bighuey
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Return to the Dirt
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Bighuey »

I watched Kong On Skull Island last night. Great film, action packed and with great FX. I never liked the Kong movies much except the 1933 original thats got to be one of the best movies ever made. But the ones after that wernt up to much. Skull Island is an exception, I would give it a 12 out of 10. Now Im looking forward to Godzilla vs. King Kong coming out next year.
"I planted some birdseed. A bird came up. Now I dont know what to feed it." Ramblings of a retired senile mind.
Dydan
Favorite Book: The Fellowship of the Ring
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dydan.html
Latest Review: Twisted Threads by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Dydan »

The last movie I saw was Avenger : Endgame. I am speechless & this movie is one of the greatest movie I ever seen. My rating is 10/10 because it touch my soul.
KCWolf
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Favorite Book: Dark Corners
Currently Reading: Julu
Bookshelf Size: 110
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kcwolf.html
Latest Review: If Life Stinks, Get Your Head Outta Your But's by Mark L. Wdowiak
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by KCWolf »

Bohemian Rapsody - 10 out of 10 stars!

I'm a huge Queen fan!
Currently writing: Charmed Lives, Sovereign Eyes, and Corithian Saga
Recent Binge watch: MSTK3, Midsomer Murders, the Office
Gaby+LysMom2KB
Currently Reading: Sink Reflections
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gaby-lysmom2kb.html
Latest Review: Beneath the Muscle by Lauren Powers

Post by Gaby+LysMom2KB »

I get Netflix on a regular basis. Saturday night I watched Aquaman. He had been one of the great characters in The Black Panther,which won a few nominations and awards at the Oscars. I would give Aquaman 5 out of 5 stars. It had breathtaking views of the oceans and the kingdoms underneath. He also had to find himself and his true purpose, and there was a little romance in it as well.
MatereF
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-materef.html
Latest Review: The Hand Bringer by Christopher J. Penington

Post by MatereF »

Avengers: End Game - I watched it with my son in 3D at the cinema. We really did enjoy it.
"The courage to imagine the otherwise is our greatest resource". Daniel J Boorstin
Bighuey

Post by Bighuey »

I watched Gamera Guardian Of The Universe last night, the original Japanese subbed version. Pretty good movie, a lot different from the earlier crudely made little kid movies from the earlier Showa era. A lot of good monster action, lots of explosions, stuff getting stomped and blasted and some human drama that wasnt overdone. What was interesting is that one of the leads was Ayako Fujitani, Steven Segal's daughter. She was 15 when this movie was made and a great actress a lot better than her dad. 9 out of 10 this one.
"I planted some birdseed. A bird came up. Now I dont know what to feed it." Ramblings of a retired senile mind.
Mehereen_reads
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mehereen-reads.html
Latest Review: Heartaches by H.M. Irwing

Post by Mehereen_reads »

The last movie I saw was "Bharat" you will know this movie only if you are an Indian. I rate this movie 2 out of 4.
Heatholt
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-heatholt.html
Latest Review: From Drift to SHIFT by Jody B. Miller

Post by Heatholt »

The last film I watched was actually The Pianist, a holocaust survival story. The film premiered when I was a kid and too young to watch it so as an adult I wanted to revisit it. A great film which is easily a 10 out of 10 for me.
SaintSOandSO

Post by SaintSOandSO »

The last movie I was Avengers: End Game and it was 9/10. I am a film snob and if a movie stinks I usually won't be able to make it to the conclusion, but A:EG was a top notch film that fills in the blanks for those that need to be caught up to speed with the intricate plot and keeps viewers on the edge of the seat with twist and turns as well as a some what humorous script that pairs well with dramatic and sometimes tragic conclusions to story lines and the film itself ends with a dramedy curve with "I ... am Iron Man". A film that actually lives up to the hype.
Thabang Amos
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thabang-amos.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End by Matthew Tysz

Post by Thabang Amos »

The last movie i saw was The Avenges Endgame. one of the best movies i have ever seen. i rate it a 9.8 out of 10
reem_sammyy

Post by reem_sammyy »

i saw before sunset for the first time today,and i loved it so much idk maybe because i like these type of films or what, the movies is about two people being on a train together,they talk for the most of the journey and they form an unusual bond,enough said because i don't to spoil but overall i rate it 8/10
LinaMueller
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 261
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-linamueller.html
Latest Review: The Wingless Fairy by Kye Strothers

Post by LinaMueller »

I saw Men in Black International twice over the weekend. My rating is 8/10. Tessa Thompson and Chris Hemsworth are such an incredible duo.
Heart! We will forget him!
You an I, tonight!
You may forget the warmth he gave,
I will forget the light.

When you have done, pray tell me
That I my thoughts may dim;
Haste! lest while you're lagging.
I may remember him!

Emily Dickinson
Bighuey

Post by Bighuey »

I watched a couple of the good REALLY old good ones last night. First was the Giorgio Moroder version of Fritz Lang's Metropolis from 1926. What a great movie. Its got to be one of the best movies in the history of the known universe. It was made in 1984 before they found the complete version and Moroder filled in the gaps with comments explaining what happens. And what a great modern soundtrack with songs by Pat Benatar, Billy Squire and others. Since then they have found most of the complete version, about an hour's worth and that is also totally awesome. Years ago I had had a cheap Goodtimes VHS copy. it was okay except for the stupid 1930's dance music soundtrack which kind of ruined it. I also watched Battleship Potempkin, its a great film also. I think it was from 1922. It was more of less a propaganda film for the communist party but still a good movie. It starts out kind of slow but slowly picks up and gets quite suspenseful. The Odessa steps massacre was pretty graphic and disturbing even by todays standards. Metropolis I give 12 out of 10 and Potempkin I give a 9. I would give it a 10 except for the slow and sometimes confusing beginning.

Return to “Films and Books”