What are some good Contemporary books?

Looking for a specific book recommendation? Need help finding your next great read? Tell us a little about you, your preferences, and other books you enjoy. Tell us a little about what kind of books you want to read. Our helpful community of avid readers will gladly help you. :)

If you are looking for general recommendations rather than personalized recommendations, please check out the exclusive reviews from our official review team.
renaka
Bookshelf Size: 0

What are some good Contemporary books?

Post by renaka »

Hi everyone!

I've been looking to read something new and I've read a few contemporaries in the past and loved them. I'm not a big reader but they were easy to get through and made me want to read more often. I'm just looking for something similar to that - that can take my mind off of school and work for an hour or so a day. I've read Colleen Hoover, Renée Carlino, and Alice Clayton before and loved each of their books. If you have any recommendations, please let me know!
luz0928
Currently Reading: World Without End
Bookshelf Size: 443
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-luz0928.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko by Matthew Tysz

Post by luz0928 »

I can recommend you "The Time in Between" by María Dueñas, it is a book published in 2009, it is very exciting! you can't get away from it! it has romance, mystery, spionage and history, what else can you ask for?
Cardui
Currently Reading: Legal Guide for the Visual Artist
Bookshelf Size: 11

Post by Cardui »

luz0928 wrote: 31 May 2019, 16:07 I can recommend you "The Time in Between" by María Dueñas, it is a book published in 2009, it is very exciting! you can't get away from it! it has romance, mystery, spionage and history, what else can you ask for?
I’ve read this as well. It’s very good. I actually first heard about it when I was an extra in a Spanish tv series based on the book.
luz0928
Currently Reading: World Without End
Bookshelf Size: 443
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-luz0928.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko by Matthew Tysz

Post by luz0928 »

Cardui wrote: 06 Jun 2019, 19:11
luz0928 wrote: 31 May 2019, 16:07 I can recommend you "The Time in Between" by María Dueñas, it is a book published in 2009, it is very exciting! you can't get away from it! it has romance, mystery, spionage and history, what else can you ask for?
I’ve read this as well. It’s very good. I actually first heard about it when I was an extra in a Spanish tv series based on the book.
You were an extra on the TV show?? that must have been awesome! :D
Cardui
Currently Reading: Legal Guide for the Visual Artist
Bookshelf Size: 11

Post by Cardui »

luz0928 wrote: 07 Jun 2019, 16:19
Cardui wrote: 06 Jun 2019, 19:11
You were an extra on the TV show?? that must have been awesome! :D
It was a very cool experience! Loved all the costumes and the attention to detail. Made me want to watch the show :)
starkpages
Currently Reading: The Handmaid's Tale
Bookshelf Size: 316
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-starkpages.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by starkpages »

I recommend The Hating Game by Sally Thorne, and Helen Hoang's books!!!! They are such great reads.

Return to “Personalized Reading Recommendations”