Official Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
akilyon123
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Official Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by akilyon123 »

I love suspenseful and romantic novel.
Ma Cheryll
Currently Reading: Grace Revealed
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ma-cheryll.html
Latest Review: Beneath the Muscle by Lauren Powers

Post by Ma Cheryll »

Insightful review :techie-studyingbrown: Thank you! I think it's a good read and with quite modern concept too. With that, I'd like to say I agree with you, not liking the book cover, I'd go further in saying that I think there'd be a much better fit cover design and title as well, considering the depth of this book's story line. I mean, this book is not just about Cynthia and Dan, although they're a big part of it. Overall, I still think this book presents a very good story, and your review made us all see just how beautiful it is :D Best regards to you and congratulations to the author on the #BOTD :tiphat:
Wokeread
Favorite Book: Pride and Prejudice
Currently Reading: A Game of Thrones
Bookshelf Size: 79
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wokeread.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko by Matthew Tysz

Post by Wokeread »

In as much as I generally enjoy reading the romance genre, I prefer when it is combined with something else, as this keeps the story interesting and engaging. Suspense, romance, cyber war and a strong female character - just the kind of book I love reading. It goes into my 'To read" shelf. Thank you for a great review!
Debottam_55
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-debottam-55.html
Latest Review: The Sins of a Master Race by Matthew Tysz

Post by Debottam_55 »

Judging from your review the book seems fascinating. Would love to read it. Also, very nicely constructed review.
"What matters most is how well you walk through the fire" - Charles Bukowski
56lives
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-56lives.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by 56lives »

Cyber warfare is for IT geniuses and a mixture of romance and cyber warfare is a story on its own. It will be nice to read this book.
Arisha Ali

Post by Arisha Ali »

This book is really on the powerful topic which is not much explained in the society.The book is really fascinating and exciting.I enjoyed reading every page of it with the same enthusiasm.Thank you
Kate61501
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kate61501.html
Latest Review: Randy Love...at your service by Shay Carter

Post by Kate61501 »

I don't usually gravitate to books that include all that cyber, technology stuff. After reading the review, though, it sounds like this book has the potential to be a really great read. I love a good romance novel, and this one appears to be full of action and suspense, which is an added bonus. Thanks for the awesome review, might have to check this book out!
tristenb
Currently Reading: From Drift to SHIFT
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tristenb.html
Latest Review: Strong Heart by Charlie Sheldon

Post by tristenb »

I am looking forward to reading this! It's next on my list. I enjoy how there are two different storylines, action and romance. A book about cyber security and computer geniuses is very modern and smart of the author. I agree with you that the cover of the book is not appealing. I would suggest the author change the cover to be something that attracts the reader instead of deterring them.
Niv123
Favorite Book: The Barnyard Buddies Meet a Newcomer
Currently Reading: Ironbark Hill
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nivi-gideon.html
Latest Review: Returning fire by Linda rhoutsong

Post by Niv123 »

I completely agree with you on the book cover design. It was a little off putting, but the novel sounds like quite a thriller and I would love to check it out soon!
readbooksgirl2019
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-readbooksgirl2019.html
Latest Review: Manifesto for a Cancer Patient by Colleen Huber, NMD

Post by readbooksgirl2019 »

I definately agree- the book cover looked very boring to me, and honestly, if I had not read this review, I would have never even considered reading it. It sounds like the perfect book to take on vacation and read while enjoying a trip.
hancocktara
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hancocktara.html
Latest Review: Beneath the Muscle by Lauren Powers

Post by hancocktara »

Thank you for this review! I've just started this book and look forward to seeing how such different topics will be connected. I too am not really a fan of the front cover, it feels to me to lack professionalism. That being said, I'm a chapter in and look forward to reading the rest.
MatereF
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-materef.html
Latest Review: The Hand Bringer by Christopher J. Penington

Post by MatereF »

Despite the cover page not appealing to me, this sounds like a great book to read. I like stories where you are left in suspense till the last page.The reviewer has done a good job, kudos to her.
"The courage to imagine the otherwise is our greatest resource". Daniel J Boorstin
Debottam_55
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-debottam-55.html
Latest Review: The Sins of a Master Race by Matthew Tysz

Post by Debottam_55 »

We would be hypocritical if of all the people in the world, we, book reviewers, ended up judging a book by its cover. Because the interior of the book is fantastic, to say the least. Intriguing, fun, engaging, well constructed are some of the many adjectives that can be used to describe the book.
To go along with this is a very well written review which really focuses on the key aspects of the book and keeps it tight and refreshing.
"What matters most is how well you walk through the fire" - Charles Bukowski
Lindsey Klaus
Currently Reading: The Rogue Queen
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lindsey-klaus.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by Lindsey Klaus »

World issues, cyber attacks, women's issues, and romance? Sounds right up my alley. This looks like an exciting book that's packed full of potential conversations. I'm not frightened by controversial topics, so this could be a rich read for me. Thanks for your review!
Nyambura Githui
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nyambura-githui.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Nyambura Githui »

I never wanted to read this book because the cover wasn't alluring. The review makes the book sound interesting so I'll check it out.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”