Who's Your Favorite Author?

This forum is for discussion about authors. You can discuss specific authors, types of authors, groups of authors, or any other topics related to authors.

Related Special Forums: Author Articles | Author Interviews

If you are an author or writer looking to discuss writing and author-related issues, please use our writing forums instead.
Nicole_Boyd
Currently Reading: Devil in False Colors
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nicole-boyd.html
Latest Review: House of Eire by June Gillam

Re: Who's Your Favorite Author?

Post by Nicole_Boyd »

I love Francine Rivers and Jane Austen will always be one of my favorites. Lynn Austin is also a favorite.
ferry flawless
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ferry-flawless.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by ferry flawless »

My favourite author is J.K.Rowling because she the author of my favourite novel Harry Potter. :)
SavannaEGoth
Favorite Book: Warriors
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-savannaegoth.html
Latest Review: Misreading Judas by Robert Wahler

Post by SavannaEGoth »

It might be a bit silly to admit, but my favorite author has been Erin Hunter ever since I first picked up a copy of their work Warriors back in junior high. Yes, yes . . . I was that weird kid that read the book about the talking cats. The series was so enrapturing to me. I loved the different characters it introduced, the different territories and settings that Hunter set up, and all of the detail and description put into the characters, the environment, their behaviors, etc. It was so colorful and emotional, and it really drew you in with the suspense from the various murders and mysteries building up to full out wars between the different clans.

Erin Hunter is actually a group of authors existing under a single pen name. Together they make a bare bones framework of the story, flesh out the characters, map relationships, and then write off and on in intervals. It's really incredible to see how the story comes together. I love their other works featuring other creatures in different ecosystems, as well. They really have a diverse range of literature to choose from depending on what you're in the mood for--adventure, mystery, romance, conflict, etc.
"I'm going to die whatever you do, but I'm not afraid."
- Yellowfang Warriors: Rising Storm
SpiritPhoenix
Currently Reading: Lady Chatterley's Lover
Bookshelf Size: 147
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-spiritphoenix.html
Latest Review: Mythic Worlds and the One You Can Believe In by Harold Toliver

Post by SpiritPhoenix »

At the moment, I'm in love with Leigh Bardugo! The picture the woman can paint and have you utterly lost in a completely different world which is quite heavily influenced by Russian folklore and yet feels unfamiliar and magical!

Also Murakami! The ability to fuse the real and the magical. Oh God!
Jlprince26
Currently Reading: Cynthia and Dan
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jlprince26.html
Latest Review: A Kingdom Forgotten by Charles W. McDonald Jr.

Post by Jlprince26 »

Stephen King has been since I was about 9 years old and I have never grown tired of his works. I look forward to every new book that comes out. There has only been 1 or 2 of his reads that I wasn't completely impressed with, but it hasn't been enough to deter me in any other direction. I love his creativeness and imagination.
- "Our children learn from us, teach them well, teach them to read, let them be free, and most importantly let them be children." Jamie Prince
roneidaselva
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by roneidaselva »

Rabindranath Tagore He was a very good person, he has written a lot of books which are very famous in today's time. There are many more writers than these for example:-
1. William Shakespeare
2. Emily Dickinson
3. H. P. Lovecraft
4. Arthur Conan Doyle
5. Leo Tolstoy
6. Edgar Allan Poe
7. Robert Ervin Howard
Monet_va
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-monet-va.html
Latest Review: Cowboys Don't Fly by John Steed

Post by Monet_va »

My favourite author is Patrick Rothfuss, who just has the amazing ability to make magic from words.

“Anyone can love a thing because. That's as easy as putting a penny in your pocket. But to love something despite. To know the flaws and love them too. That is rare and pure and perfect.” - Patrick Rothfuss
Anisa_Sadaf
Currently Reading: The Astonishing Color of After
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anisa-sadaf.html
Latest Review: The Spirit of Want by William H. Coles

Post by Anisa_Sadaf »

Currently I'm hung up on books by John Green. He really does make you tap into your emotions, doesn't he? My favorite novel by him is Paper Towns. I believe Margo's character was the most relatable character ever written.
Tania_Bilkis
Currently Reading: What a Boy Needs
Bookshelf Size: 1324
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tania-bilkis.html
Latest Review: Randy Love...at your service by Shay Carter

Post by Tania_Bilkis »

Currently, I'm loving Sarah Elizabeth. Her writing is very poetic and the flow doesn't lets you put the book down!
magnoparisi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-magnoparisi.html
Latest Review: The Warramunga's Aftermath of War by Greg Kater

Post by magnoparisi »

Thomas Edward Lawren is cleary underrated.
beccabecky
Currently Reading: Restaurant Insanity
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-beccabecky.html
Latest Review: The Geeks Conquer the Universe by Keith Mackie

Post by beccabecky »

Agatha Christie is among my favorite authors without a doubt. Stephen King is amazing as well! So hard to choose!
busisiwe5754
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-busisiwe5754.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by busisiwe5754 »

Favorite Authors:

Daniella steel: I used to read her book while growing up, she takes fiction and fantasy to another level. Her characters are so pure, her stories seem like real life.

Suzanne Collins, the Author of Hunger games, she depicts life as a game that we people play and some of us are not winning because of the choices we make.
Mega7622

Post by Mega7622 »

Ilona Andrews, it's a husband-wife team that thoroughly research before they write and create these worlds of fantasy. I love the history and reality they infuse into worlds of magic and suspense, plus any book that can make me laugh at one point then cry minutes later has my respect.

Jeanine Frost, she writes in such a way that I end up widening my vocabulary without realizing it. I'm also a sucker for tough women in stories, who needs a damsel in distress?
Wambui-nj
Favorite Book: Half of a Yellow Sun
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 124
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wambui-nj.html
Latest Review: The Chauvinist's Guide to Modern Romance by Morris Rollins

Post by Wambui-nj »

Well, my favorite author or authors are:
Paulo Coelho because I think no one matches his creative capacity.
Danielle Steel... she was my introduction to romance books when I was about 15 years old and i became hooked.
Chimamanda Ngozi is my African darling, her writing is unparalleled.
Steven Pressfield... The War of Art is a classic.
kylestephens123

Post by kylestephens123 »

My favorite authors go by the pen name of James S. A. Corey. The two authors are Daniel Abraham and Ty Franck, the authors of the Expanse series.

I first got into The Expanse when I tried watching the show during the "Save The Expanse" campaign in the summer of 2018. I blazed through the TV show and heard online that the books were really good. Needless to say, I tore right through the books in a matter of a couple of months, and the series vaulted right to the top of my list of favorite books of all time.

I really enjoy their writing style and the manner in which they write the Expanse books - that manner being that both authors "trade off" writing certain characters/chapters and cross-review each other's work.

Return to “Discuss Authors”