What is your take about the author?

Use this forum to discuss the May 2019 Book of the month, "Misreading Judas" by Robert Wahler
Forum rules
NOTICE: The author of this book was invited to participate in the discussion in this forum about his book. You should expect that the author is reading and may reply to posts made in this forum.

While the forums typically have a rule against authors/publishers talking about their own book on the forums at all as a way to prevent spam, an author discussing their own book in the dedicated discussion forum about that book is an exception and is allowed, including posting would-be self-promotional links to his book or related material insofar as is relevant to the discussion.

However, other forum rules and standards, such as those requiring upmost civility and politeness, are of course still in effect.
Sahansdal
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: What is your take about the author?

Post by Sahansdal »

InStoree wrote: 20 May 2019, 01:14
Julie Petitbon wrote: 02 May 2019, 14:15
Renu G wrote: 02 May 2019, 05:34 The author had responded to my comment on LinkedIn by stating that the findings spell the end of Christianity. What nonsense!
Wow...just..wow. That is a bit presumptuous and insensitive of the author. I think it is admirable to be passionate about your findings and beliefs, but that doesn't mean you should be disrespectful or insensitive to the beliefs of others.
Sometimes, when we're drawn into a supposed life purpose, this dedication comes at the package with a pair of horse glasses and all we can see is the straight-ahead road. Maybe, this accessory played a role in his disrespectful comment? Not an excuse, of course! Anyway, his inappropriate behaviour, definitely, will not boost the end of Christianity.
I'm a straight shooter. I'm sorry, but would you rather I told you how sweet Mary was? Or maybe, that Petet felt sorry after 'denying' Jesus? Or that Lazarus lived to a ripe old age? Or would you want me to be truthful about THE GOOD NEWS that is better than any Gospel you ever heard? You tell me.
SavannaEGoth
Favorite Book: Warriors
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-savannaegoth.html
Latest Review: Misreading Judas by Robert Wahler

Post by SavannaEGoth »

Renu G wrote: 02 May 2019, 05:34 The author had responded to my comment on LinkedIn by stating that the findings spell the end of Christianity. What nonsense!
Oh whoa, wait what? They actually reached out to you about it? What did you even say?

It's a bit much on their part. Passionate, no doubt, but a little innapropriate. Perhaps they just really wanted to discuss their work with someone and thought you'd be receptive to conversation?
"I'm going to die whatever you do, but I'm not afraid."
- Yellowfang Warriors: Rising Storm
Sahansdal

Post by Sahansdal »

SavannaEGoth wrote: 20 May 2019, 19:31
Oh whoa, wait what? They actually reached out to you about it? What did you even say?

It's a bit much on their part. Passionate, no doubt, but a little innapropriate. Perhaps they just really wanted to discuss their work with someone and thought you'd be receptive to conversation?
Why? Is there something wrong with talking about something of mutual interest? What is with all this suspicion of my motivation?
nwoshine
Currently Reading:

Post by nwoshine »

well, for me the author is not a Christian,because he is trying to change believe of many.
chelhack
Favorite Book: My Trip To Adele
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 381
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chelhack.html
Latest Review: E-M-P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by chelhack »

I feel that the author has a belief in what he feels is his or the truth that he wants it to be. I feel that he really has no reason or right to target the Biblical Scholars has he has. If they are wrong at least the tried to bring a good word and direct people in living good lives. I think that he is to hung up on wanting to prove them or others to be wrong and himself as being right. What if it didn't happen either of their way of viewing or trying to recap the time.
Chelsea N. Hackett
Sahansdal

Post by Sahansdal »

chelhack wrote: 21 May 2019, 23:18 I feel that the author has a belief in what he feels is his or the truth that he wants it to be. I feel that he really has no reason or right to target the Biblical Scholars has he has. If they are wrong at least the tried to bring a good word and direct people in living good lives. I think that he is to hung up on wanting to prove them or others to be wrong and himself as being right. What if it didn't happen either of their way of viewing or trying to recap the time.
But it did. There is no good reason to believe there was a Jesus, but as Dr
Robert Eisenman says, there is for James. Do you want mere story-telling, or do you want what really happened?
freakkshowx
Currently Reading: Last Train to Istanbul
Bookshelf Size: 77
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-freakkshowx.html

Post by freakkshowx »

Ellylion wrote: 02 May 2019, 09:11
Pure nonsense. It is every Christian's free will to believe in those findings and what they may represent or not :)
Ouch, I hate it when authors try to lash out at individual critics of their books. Judging by the fact that it only has 7 ratings on goodreads, one of the most popular sites for book reviews around the world, I doubt it spells out the end of anything.
freakkshowx
Currently Reading: Last Train to Istanbul
Bookshelf Size: 77
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-freakkshowx.html

Post by freakkshowx »

chelhack wrote: 21 May 2019, 23:18 I feel that the author has a belief in what he feels is his or the truth that he wants it to be. I feel that he really has no reason or right to target the Biblical Scholars has he has. If they are wrong at least the tried to bring a good word and direct people in living good lives. I think that he is to hung up on wanting to prove them or others to be wrong and himself as being right. What if it didn't happen either of their way of viewing or trying to recap the time.
Absolutely, I found it strange and almost offensive how he singled out and ragged on a specific one or two theologians, especially the female. He nearly forgot what he was even arguing in order to address them directly in their "wrongness", so to speak. I was not amused by this, and I'm not even Christian.
Sahansdal

Post by Sahansdal »

freakkshowx wrote: 22 May 2019, 15:52
Pure nonsense. It is every Christian's free will to believe in those findings and what they may represent or not :)
Ouch, I hate it when authors try to lash out at individual critics of their books. Judging by the fact that it only has 7 ratings on goodreads, one of the most popular sites for book reviews around the world, I doubt it spells out the end of anything.
Where did I ever say when this would happen? Nowhere. Personally, my goal is to seed the Internet with the new information in enough sites that it will surely be found in time. I estimate 2 to 3 GENERATIONS. Got it, now? I'm not saying I will be wearing laurel wreaths for my stellar prognostication.
Sahansdal

Post by Sahansdal »

tanner87cbs wrote: 08 May 2019, 15:48 My take is, he appears bitter towards Christianity. I felt like I was just reading a rant, then a lot of entries from other literature.
"What a fool believes, he sees." Don't be self-deceived. Just a piece of friendly advice, Tanner.
Sahansdal

Post by Sahansdal »

freakkshowx wrote: 22 May 2019, 15:52
When did I "lash out at an individual critic"? I gave an opinion about the future of the biggest fraud in history.
Sahansdal

Post by Sahansdal »

freakkshowx wrote: 22 May 2019, 15:54
Absolutely, I found it strange and almost offensive how he singled out and ragged on a specific one or two theologians, especially the female. He nearly forgot what he was even arguing in order to address them directly in their "wrongness", so to speak. I was not amused by this, and I'm not even Christian.
Show, you never had to deal with these self-righteous, so-called 'scholars.' I have. I guarantee you would feel indignation, too
Sahansdal

Post by Sahansdal »

VernaVi wrote: 17 May 2019, 17:42 Judging by what this author wrote, and how he wants others to believe, I would say his is neither religious nor a Christian.
I would also go farther and say he didn't do a lot of study before writing this work because when a person studies the Bible or apocrypha, it invariably winds up becomes an in-depth comparison of verified works.
A person must have verification, and when a study begins it is a step by step progress that can only go forward as each step receives that verification, either by history, archeology, science..etc.
If the author had done this, he would have had some sort of proofs to offer the legitimize his opinion or conjecture.
What I did was an in-depth comparison of a scholastically 'verified' recent archaeological discovery (Nag Hammadi/Al Minya) with the New Testament, which needs no introduction. What more 'proof' do I need than that? Either you see the relationship, or you don't. I do. And I tried to show you. Sorry if I failed. Kindle gives you 3 days free. You could certainly read 100 pages in 3 days. So please stop complaining. I'm not interested in changing your beliefs, just adding to your facts
Seraphia Bunny Sparks
Currently Reading: Lying Lainey
Bookshelf Size: 653
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-seraphia-bunny-sparks.html
Latest Review: The Undying Queen of Ur by Abraham Kawa & Arahom Radjah
Reading Device: B01J94T4R2

Post by Seraphia Bunny Sparks »

I highly doubt that the author can be called Christian or classifies himself as Christian. He apparently went to great pains to delve as deeply as he has to come up with the information that he compiled into this book. His argument is hardly compelling concerning Judas being anything more than a traitor. To me, it sounds like the author wishes to view Judas in a different light, but for me, it changes nothing.
Sahansdal

Post by Sahansdal »

BunnySTx wrote: 23 May 2019, 15:41 I highly doubt that the author can be called Christian or classifies himself as Christian. He apparently went to great pains to delve as deeply as he has to come up with the information that he compiled into this book. His argument is hardly compelling concerning Judas being anything more than a traitor. To me, it sounds like the author wishes to view Judas in a different light, but for me, it changes nothing.
The Bible is A BOOK. No more, no less. It has no more divine origins than mine. In fact, the New T has LESS. It is provably falsified. Judas is a fictional character!

Return to “Discuss "Misreading Judas" by Robert Wahler”