Bohemian Rhapsody

This is the place for readers of poetry. Discuss poetry and literary art. You can also discuss music here, including lyrics. Also, you can discuss poets themselves, in addition to poetry.
Peyton Hicks
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-peyton-hicks.html
Latest Review: Peppermint Mocha Murder by Pam Moll

Bohemian Rhapsody

Post by Peyton Hicks »

Anyone else think that the release of the Bohemian Rhapsody movie sparked a new love for Queen? I always loved Queen, but I feel like it's really refreshing to see people actually enjoying good music as opposed to what is being released nowadays. :ugeek2:
Kaven_Crimble_the_witless_71
Currently Reading: 1984
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-a-wolfe.html
Latest Review: Randy Love...at your service by Shay Carter

Post by Kaven_Crimble_the_witless_71 »

Yeah, it’s a good one :) Queen has always been a good band, even if some of their most popular stuff is overplayed.
Also looking forward to the new one about Elton John. I’ve read a few biographies, and just like authors, the details in a musician’s work can be really inspirational
KCWolf
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Favorite Book: Dark Corners
Currently Reading: Julu
Bookshelf Size: 110
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kcwolf.html
Latest Review: If Life Stinks, Get Your Head Outta Your But's by Mark L. Wdowiak
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by KCWolf »

Peyton Hicks wrote: 14 May 2019, 23:06 Anyone else think that the release of the Bohemian Rhapsody movie sparked a new love for Queen? I always loved Queen, but I feel like it's really refreshing to see people actually enjoying good music as opposed to what is being released nowadays. :ugeek2:
I agree. It's introducing a whole new generation to one of my long-time favorite bands, which is my sister's favorite band of all time. Thanks to the film, they are now my 11 year-old niece's favorite group too.
She's totally abandoned the "bubblegum pop" stuff of today, and just listens to Queen and other classic rock groups.
Currently writing: Charmed Lives, Sovereign Eyes, and Corithian Saga
Recent Binge watch: MSTK3, Midsomer Murders, the Office
Peyton Hicks
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-peyton-hicks.html
Latest Review: Peppermint Mocha Murder by Pam Moll

Post by Peyton Hicks »

That's awesome! I know they said that some of the details of the movie were wrong and there were a few discrepancies, but I think overall they really captured Freddie's life really well. I enjoyed it a lot!! P.S. Bubblegum pop is the worst...
maggi3
Currently Reading: Worldlines
Bookshelf Size: 106
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maggi3.html
Latest Review: Paper Doll by Caitlin Strommen

Post by maggi3 »

Definitely! In my experience, it showed me some great songs of theirs I hadn’t heard before and made me want to check out the rest of their music. It also showed me how great of a performer Freddie was.
Pronouns: they/them

:gay-rainbow:
SavannaEGoth
Favorite Book: Warriors
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-savannaegoth.html
Latest Review: Misreading Judas by Robert Wahler

Post by SavannaEGoth »

I honestly have always had a soft spot for Queen. My parents would play their music a lot when I was very young, and I held onto them as I grew. I think "Under Pressure" is one of my favorites of all-time. It never fails to get me pumped up. In anticipation for seeing the movie I poured myself into documentaries about Freddie and the band members and their struggles with music and life in general. My heart aches for them and the things they dealt with. They brought so many people joy together.
"I'm going to die whatever you do, but I'm not afraid."
- Yellowfang Warriors: Rising Storm
imSunshine
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-imsunshine.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by imSunshine »

That song is the written by a genious and composed by a genious..it never dies and no one can replace it over time
Monet_va
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-monet-va.html
Latest Review: Cowboys Don't Fly by John Steed

Post by Monet_va »

I love what the movie has done for Queen! They definitely deserved to be loved by the newer generation and I loved the renewed interest in this epic band
Nisha Ward
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Garth Nix
Favorite Book: Binti Home
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 321
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nisha-ward.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer
Reading Device: B0794RHPZD
fav_author_id: 4351

Post by Nisha Ward »

Haven't seen it and I've heard mixed reviews about it, but I think the introduction of their music to a new generation is a definite plus. They're one of the greatest and should live on through their work.
"...while a book has got to be worthwhile from the point of view of the reader it's got to be worthwhile from the point of view of the writer as well." - Terry Pratchett on The Last Continent and his writing.
LinaMueller
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 261
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-linamueller.html
Latest Review: The Wingless Fairy by Kye Strothers

Post by LinaMueller »

Queen is one of the greatest bands of all times. Fred Mercury is a rock god he definitely should be considered the best male singer ever. Bohemian Rhapsody movie is a great reminder of how great Fred Mercury was.
Heart! We will forget him!
You an I, tonight!
You may forget the warmth he gave,
I will forget the light.

When you have done, pray tell me
That I my thoughts may dim;
Haste! lest while you're lagging.
I may remember him!

Emily Dickinson
Corina Elena
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-corinaelena.html
Latest Review: Guilt by David Taylor Black

Post by Corina Elena »

Yes! I took my boyfriend that grew up with French culture and is not a big fan of the 70's-80's rock and he enjoyed it so much! The sound in the cinema was amazing, we both got chicken skin while the songs were playing on full blast. Since then, I can say, my boyfriend is a Queen convert and he even showed me some cool new stuff I didn't know about them.
mrnobody3
Currently Reading: Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mrnobody3.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by mrnobody3 »

Queen is still the best band no matter how old the band is. Their songs are never gets old and still playing in the radio. I've always repeat the songs in my playlist and never get tired of them.
Ashley Louise
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashley-louise.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Post by Ashley Louise »

I definitely think the movie sparked new interest in Queen, especially for the younger generation. The movie wasn't fully accurate but was still great and I simply adored Rami Malek. It gave a new appreciation for long-time Queen lovers and certainly brought new fans which is perfect because Queen is amazing. Their music is timeless, well written and performed and how could anyone not love them?
"We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." - Kurt Vonnegut

Return to “Poetry & Music”