Who's Your Favorite Author?

This forum is for discussion about authors. You can discuss specific authors, types of authors, groups of authors, or any other topics related to authors.

Related Special Forums: Author Articles | Author Interviews

If you are an author or writer looking to discuss writing and author-related issues, please use our writing forums instead.
Bravo0010
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Who's Your Favorite Author?

Post by Bravo0010 »

My favourite author Conn Iggulden,as a history lover,but Wolf Hall one of my best reads
hazelk

Post by hazelk »

Rose Tremain, I have read all of her novels.
Debottam_55
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-debottam-55.html
Latest Review: The Sins of a Master Race by Matthew Tysz

Post by Debottam_55 »

Charles Bukowski. I regard him as a writer's writer. One of the most genuine authors ever.
MonaHareesh

Post by MonaHareesh »

sidney sheldon
arundhati roy
jk rowling
Wintergirl5502
Currently Reading: Full Cicada Moon
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by Wintergirl5502 »

My favorite author is Nicola Yoon. Both of her books were great and had a lot of detail. I love romance and young adult all in one book. So if you like adorable romance you should definitely read on of Nicola’s book.
RuhiAngel

Post by RuhiAngel »

The creator I'm most obligated to is Steven Press field. The creator I'm getting a charge out of the most right presently is Sherman Alexei. It's difficult to pick a "top choice". Throughout the years, the writers I've perused the most are: Orson Scott Card, Stephen King, Chuck Palanquin, Hugh Howey and Anton Chekhov. :|
iann88
Currently Reading: Adrifr
Bookshelf Size: 21

Post by iann88 »

I don't do favorites when it comes to authors :D. As a book worm, I've read a lot of books from different authors and I just can't pick one haha. Some of my favorites are JK Rowling, Stephen King, Paulo Coelho, Mitch Albom, Stephanie Perkins, Khaled, Rainbow Rowell, and so on. But my favorite of all time is John Green. He's just so great. He always make sure that his characters are unique and interesting. All his books are a must read for young adults there!
amjohnson13mommy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amjohnson13mommy.html
Latest Review: The Right to Nominate by Thomas E Peterson

Post by amjohnson13mommy »

Stephen King, I own almost everything he has ever written. Including anthologies he has stories in and his non-fiction books. One of the things I love about his stories is he describes his characters so well I get a good picture of them in my mind.
amjohnson13
Rishabh Deb

Post by Rishabh Deb »

Brian Tracy.....
I have read almost all of his books .The key factor of this author is about his words that he expresses in all his books .They are very simple to read and to understand . Second factor I mostly like is that he doesn't stretch a topic too long . As you Know stretching a topic too long results the main factor got blurred . So in his books he mentioned all of the facts straight to words . And the most lovable thing about his books are the sub topics are short .That helps a reader to focus on the topic easily.
SavannaEGoth
Favorite Book: Warriors
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-savannaegoth.html
Latest Review: Misreading Judas by Robert Wahler

Post by SavannaEGoth »

As funny as it sounds, my favorite author to this day remains Erin Hunter, the author (or rather, group of authors and editors who assumed the pen name) of my favorite series Warriors. Yes, I was one of those weird kids that read the books about cats. :lol2:

The series turned me onto books featuring talking animals. I've read my whole life and love to mainly read adventure, fantasy, and horror so I hadn't really given too much thought to any books solely revolving around animals (save for things like Dragon Rider). At first I wrote it off as just being a silly book about friendly little cats living boring cat lives, but upon me moving cities and missing my friends who had begged me endlessly to take up the series I caved and became obsessed. The world of the wild cats who have built organized clans with defined laws, borders, and hierarchies has brought me joy for many years. It's got action, adventure, magic/supernatural themes, romance, and a surprising amount of death and gore for a series aimed at younger audiences. Basically it's the best thing ever and the fact that they are pumping out numerous series involving bears, dogs, and African wild animals to this day in addition to the warrior cats really brings me joy. I love the characters, the in-depth relationships and development, the descriptive text, and the battles.

If you want to give this series a try then I VERY much eagerly recommend it to you! Things can get a little repititive at times (after all, they try to keep their younger readers up to date on the goings on of the cats so that if they miss a book they'll still understand the conflict), but it's vastly entertaining. There are so many characters that you're introduced to as they're gradually fleshed out that you're bound to find quite a few that you love.
Artizi
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-artizi.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Artizi »

I have a few for sure, but I'd say Stephen King, Arthur Connan Doyle and Jane Austen would be among my favorite ones for sure.
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies
elizaron878
Currently Reading: The Copyist
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elizaron878.html
Latest Review: Fulfillment by ICA

Post by elizaron878 »

My favorite authors are Enid Blyton and J.K . Rowling, Conan Doyle, Chinua Achebe, the list is endless.
Latest Review: Fulfillment by ICA
Artizi
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-artizi.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Artizi »

elizaron878 wrote: 11 May 2019, 06:30 My favorite authors are Enid Blyton and J.K . Rowling, Conan Doyle, Chinua Achebe, the list is endless.
We share a few :) JK Rowling was one of the writers go really got me into reading when I was a teenager. Sure, it all started with Tolkien and Conan Doyle, but still!
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies
amjohnson13mommy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amjohnson13mommy.html
Latest Review: The Right to Nominate by Thomas E Peterson

Post by amjohnson13mommy »

I have enjoyed Stephen King's work since I found one of his books in junior high 30 years ago and have been collecting ever since. I own almost everything he has ever written.
amjohnson13
magnoparisi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-magnoparisi.html
Latest Review: The Warramunga's Aftermath of War by Greg Kater

Post by magnoparisi »

Dostoevsky. I believe that he is the kind of writer that cuts into places so deep most readers wouldn’t even know they existed. He is one of the great psychologists of all time as well as a writer.

Fyodor had such natural talents of observation and, at the same time, skill to write of his views in a way public identifies with itself. A clear mind and honesty in writing makes him simply brilliant.

Return to “Discuss Authors”