ARA Review by Janilou2016 of The Unbound Soul

The ARA Review Exchange is a system in which authors review other authors' books, generlaly in exchange for getting their own book reviews by other authors. However, the person who reviews a author's book is not the same person whose book that author reviewed. This way, author reviews do not influence each other, such as by an author being inclined to reward a good review by deliving one in return or deliver a negative review as revenge.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Janilou2016
Currently Reading: The Unbound Soul
Bookshelf Size: 4

ARA Review by Janilou2016 of The Unbound Soul

Post by Janilou2016 »

[Following is an OnlineBookClub.org ARA Review of the book, The Unbound Soul.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

I rate this book 4 out of 5 stars.

The Unbound Soul is a fascinating book. It begins autobiographically with the author's childhood experiences. He is at first terrified of “God” as he knows of Him, through the religious opinions of others. As he goes through his teenage years and young adult life, he is increasingly discouraged and frustrated, becoming secretly suicidal, a point that is brought to everyone's attention when he puts a gun to his head in a martial arts class exercise and tries to pull the trigger – not caring if the gun goes off or not. His martial arts instructor is mortified, explaining this was supposed to be an exercise in learning one should never blindly follow orders. The trigger had been disabled. He became even more convinced that he should end his life and began to prepare for his suicide by writing a letter to his family.

At this moment in time, he experienced for the first time, a profound revelation of the celestial phenomenon he would come to know as Om. The power of this experience transformed him from a negative, self-judging suicidal person, to a person who learned to live a passionate and self-fulfilling life.

A few years later, he found himself fascinated by the power of the universe to transform lives. Further experiences including a trip to the Amazon continue to build on his knowledge of the incredible all-knowing Intelligence who is unconditional LOVE, without judgment. I loved reading this because it confirmed my own experiences over the past ten years of my life. He goes on to describe his experiences in a great deal of detail.

The second half of the book changes from the autobiographical to instructional where the author shares methods and ideas to help his readers realize that they too can change their lives and become enlightened. There are links provided to different articles and exercises to help the reader. One of the practices is called The Dance of the Self. The author describes how to deal with negative energy and thoughts by completing this exercise.

What I liked about this book were the autobiographical experiences and the meditation techniques he detailed in the latter part of the book.

Anyone with a firm Christian viewpoint will have difficulty accepting the author's views in this book.

What I didn't like about this book: It was difficult for me to follow the second part of the book. There was so much information it became hard to digest. I am very interested in meditation techniques, but the description of the meditation itself was buried in commentaries about how different people might experience it, or the problems they might have with completing these meditations. It was hard for me to figure out what to do, with all the added information about what might be.

For example, in the section where the author talks about the Dance of the Self, he states that the only mistake we can make is not using this particular exercise to free ourselves of the negative energy patterns. The author states there will be people who do not feel comfortable with this exercise but goes on to say this is the only way to release negative energy.

He then devotes the following pages to his experience with using this particular exercise and how it released negative energy that stayed around him and caused him issues until he figured out how to resolve these issues. The information overload again became a little overwhelming.

The author reminds us that we are responsible for fulfilling our sense of purpose and happiness in our lives. We truly do reap what we sow. He tells us that it is crucial to be aware of the type of vibrational energy we are reflecting because our lives will occur in response to our levels of energy. Many biblical principals hold – we reap what we sow, it is in giving that we receive. We attract to ourselves what we give out through our energy levels. There is a great deal of useful information throughout the book.

The Unbound Soul has the potential to change lives through introducing people to this truth – we are in control of our destiny, and that there is an all knowing, all powerful divine intelligence, who lucky for us, loves us all unconditionally.

View The Unbound Soul on Bookshelves

Return to “ARA Reviews (Authors Reviewing Authors)”