Forum Rules

So that we can provide faster and better support, this forum (the "Public Suggestion Box") has been retired. Instead, please send any suggestions you have to us using the official website contact form.

This allows us to streamline our support system so that we can get to your message much faster. Instead of our support staff having to check three different places (support forum, suggestion box, and contact form messages), they know can respond to all message through one method, with that one method being the official website contact form.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

Gravy
Gravymaster of Bookshelves
Favorite Author: Seanan McGuire
Favorite Book: As many as there are stars in the sky
Currently Reading: The Ghost Tree
Bookshelf Size: 1027
fav_author_id: 3249

Re: Topic Creation Guidelines

Post by Gravy »

PepperedPenelope wrote: 12 Feb 2019, 21:39 If this is our first review (the review we do as a test run to see if we are able to keep reviewing) and it happens to be a duplicate, should we still post it under that topic, even though the Review Team Guidelines says to post it as a new one? I don't want to accidentally post mine in the wrong spot. Also, on the Review Team Guidelines, there is no direction as to what we should title our first review as. I would think it would be "Official Review..." but can you please tell me if thats incorrect?
Reviews for the Review Team are always posted as a new topic in the Private Review Team forum.
The title really doesn't matter, just the title and author should be fine, as it will likely be changed upon being published.

The rules for creating a new thread are for non-Review Team reviews and other topics. :tiphat:
Pronouns: She/Her

What is grief, if not love persevering?

Grief is just love with no place to go.
MrsCatInTheHat
Favorite Book: Cry the Beloved Country
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 376
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mrscatinthehat.html
Latest Review: Marc Marci by Larry G. Goldsmith
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 0

Post by MrsCatInTheHat »

PepperedPenelope wrote: 12 Feb 2019, 21:39 If this is our first review (the review we do as a test run to see if we are able to keep reviewing) and it happens to be a duplicate, should we still post it under that topic, even though the Review Team Guidelines says to post it as a new one? I don't want to accidentally post mine in the wrong spot. Also, on the Review Team Guidelines, there is no direction as to what we should title our first review as. I would think it would be "Official Review..." but can you please tell me if thats incorrect?
You post reviews to the Private Review Team Forum. You don't post the review to the regular forums (if you do, it will look like you never posted your review).
Life without a good book is something MrsCatInTheHat cannot imagine.
Cheshire_wolf
Favorite Author: J.R. Ward
Favorite Book: Allison's Adventures in Underland
Currently Reading: Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1)
Bookshelf Size: 104
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cheshire-wolf.html
Latest Review: Guardian of Deceit by William H. Coles
Reading Device: B00TXSSXJ0
fav_author_id: 4145

Post by Cheshire_wolf »

Well that would be the reason why my first review is not on the same page as the other two. However I did not know this at the time, I was just literally reading the review post guidelines and then writing my review afterwards. Though I saw when I checked on the post that my review had some unnecessary spacing when I was writing it I made sure that I only did the one space between paragraphs, so I'm a little confused to why that happened. My review also has some things added in it that im a little confused about, was it accepted or was it not? I'm not sure where I can find that out at. Thank you.
🌺𝔄𝔰𝔭𝔢𝔫 𝔊𝔞𝔯𝔫𝔢𝔯🌺
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: The Suite Life
Bookshelf Size: 2287
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

Cheshire_wolf wrote: 13 Feb 2019, 13:50 Well that would be the reason why my first review is not on the same page as the other two. However I did not know this at the time, I was just literally reading the review post guidelines and then writing my review afterwards. Though I saw when I checked on the post that my review had some unnecessary spacing when I was writing it I made sure that I only did the one space between paragraphs, so I'm a little confused to why that happened. My review also has some things added in it that im a little confused about, was it accepted or was it not? I'm not sure where I can find that out at. Thank you.
You can find if the review was accepted on your History tab. I suggest to read all the info on your Review Team Page, as it covers all that. :tiphat:
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
Cheshire_wolf
Favorite Author: J.R. Ward
Favorite Book: Allison's Adventures in Underland
Currently Reading: Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1)
Bookshelf Size: 104
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cheshire-wolf.html
Latest Review: Guardian of Deceit by William H. Coles
Reading Device: B00TXSSXJ0
fav_author_id: 4145

Post by Cheshire_wolf »

gali wrote: 13 Feb 2019, 14:03
Cheshire_wolf wrote: 13 Feb 2019, 13:50 Well that would be the reason why my first review is not on the same page as the other two. However I did not know this at the time, I was just literally reading the review post guidelines and then writing my review afterwards. Though I saw when I checked on the post that my review had some unnecessary spacing when I was writing it I made sure that I only did the one space between paragraphs, so I'm a little confused to why that happened. My review also has some things added in it that im a little confused about, was it accepted or was it not? I'm not sure where I can find that out at. Thank you.
You can find if the review was accepted on your History tab. I suggest to read all the info on your Review Team Page, as it covers all that. :tiphat:
Oh my! It seems I overlooked those small tabs running above there. Lol. Now that I see them, I see that my review is pending. This site does take a minute to navigate through. :lol2: Thanks again friend.
🌺𝔄𝔰𝔭𝔢𝔫 𝔊𝔞𝔯𝔫𝔢𝔯🌺
Jmbhart875
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Jmbhart875 »

I am new to the site and very excited to get started! I am thankful for the guidelines and other helpful information. I look forward to reading and discussing the latest books!
Readalatte1

Post by Readalatte1 »

Thank you for the information within the guidelines area. Since I’m new to this site I will begin by familiarizing myself first to the different areas of your website and will adhere to your rules of the road of reviewing and posting appropriately. Looking forward...
nevkar ezekiel
Currently Reading: House of Eire
Bookshelf Size: 14

Post by nevkar ezekiel »

Thanks for the guideline ... It is really helpful for a new member like me!
Jmumo

Post by Jmumo »

Hi,thank you so much for the forum guidance,am looking forward to read my first book.
jackiez4
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6

Post by jackiez4 »

Great information. Being new this helps a lot. Lots to read in FAQ but very helpful. Thanks much :D
Arise3574
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Arise3574 »

Thanks very much for this great guidelines... It is very much helpful!
I'm happy to be a member of this forum
SarahjoPAWE

Post by SarahjoPAWE »

Thank you for the guidelines and anti spam line- or rules. It puts alot of things
In order. I appreciate them and will do my best to follow them.
I am a new member
Again : THANK YOU
SINCERELY
SARAH JO PURSER
lptull54

Post by lptull54 »

I just joined and want to say thank you for the guidelines.
Victor12345678910

Post by Victor12345678910 »

Fantastic guidelines, which requires meticulousness.
IvyGold
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by IvyGold »

Thanks for the guidelines. I'm sure it'll be as much help to new members as it was to me, I'm grateful.

Return to “Public Suggestion Box (Retired)”