Help opening ebook files (epub, mobi, PDF, etc.)

Use this forum to talk about ebooks and ebook readers. Whether you have an ebook reader, are considering getting one or never plan on getting one and want to talk about why you think traditional books are better, use this forum for anything to do with ebooks or ereaders.
E-princess
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-e-princess.html
Latest Review: Yesterday by Samyann

Re: Help opening ebook files (epub, mobi, PDF, etc.)

Post by E-princess »

Please what exactly should I update about? The update tab takes asks me to confirm download of the book, or ask for support here. Error tab only defer the submission time. How do I quit the review?
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice in Space
Bookshelf Size: 2288
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

E-princess wrote: 14 Mar 2019, 02:20 Please what exactly should I update about? The update tab takes asks me to confirm download of the book, or ask for support here. Error tab only defer the submission time. How do I quit the review?
You should confirm that you downloaded the book, and then choose to quit it via the "can't finish" option.
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
E-princess
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-e-princess.html

Post by E-princess »

OK. Thanks a bunch
Michael_Cries-a-ton
Favorite Book: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11

Post by Michael_Cries-a-ton »

This is a really helpful guide. You should add that Calibre also can convert books from one format to another, though caution is needed regarding copyright infringements based on your region.
Chirry -Kim
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chirry-kim.html
Latest Review: The Employee Millionaire - Personal Workbook by H. J. Chammas

Post by Chirry -Kim »

I got an error accessing my amazon account."account not accessible,"
Kindly avail pdf format
SW_Fritz
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by SW_Fritz »

1. I believe it's in epub

2.LG Stylus

3. It opened but not the right way

4. I went on here to download it again and followed the file from there

5. When it downloads something always glitches with the formatting- sometimes it's one word on each page, sometimes one sentence or one paragraph at a time. There's been variation but it's never been a full, normal, page.

6. No error message

7. I tried reading from Nook

I would like to drop this book- technically I could read it one word or sentence at a time but I tried doing that and I just find it jarring and annoying
gali

Post by gali »

Chirry -Kim wrote: 23 Mar 2019, 08:37 I got an error accessing my amazon account."account not accessible,"
Kindly avail pdf format
Once chosen, the format can't be changed. You need to quit the book via your Update tab.
A retired Admin/Mod

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
gali

Post by gali »

SW_Fritz wrote: 23 Mar 2019, 09:36 1. I believe it's in epub

2.LG Stylus

3. It opened but not the right way

4. I went on here to download it again and followed the file from there

5. When it downloads something always glitches with the formatting- sometimes it's one word on each page, sometimes one sentence or one paragraph at a time. There's been variation but it's never been a full, normal, page.

6. No error message

7. I tried reading from Nook

I would like to drop this book- technically I could read it one word or sentence at a time but I tried doing that and I just find it jarring and annoying
You should submit an error report about it or quit the book via your Update tab.
A retired Admin/Mod

Ariel Lynn
Currently Reading: Adrift
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ariel-lynn.html
Latest Review: Opaque by Calix Leigh-Reign

Post by Ariel Lynn »

I selected I would download the book for kindle, however, it is not giving me the option to download the book for free with my kindle unlimited subscription. It also had the option for pdf, but it won't allow me to go back and change my selection. The book is Invisible Me by H. M. Irwing.
Mywords_urstory1908
Currently Reading:

Post by Mywords_urstory1908 »

I was trying to get free book but it was diplaying only option of kindle unlimited which is not installed in my phone.
gali

Post by gali »

Mywords_urstory1908 wrote: 27 Mar 2019, 13:12 I was trying to get free book but it was diplaying only option of kindle unlimited which is not installed in my phone.
You need to join the KU program for that, and only USA citizens can join it. If you can't get it, you need to quit the book via your Update tab.
A retired Admin/Mod

CaptainPhoton
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-captainphoton.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Post by CaptainPhoton »

When trying to access the book Arsenic and Old Men: A Mitch and Al Mystery, in the Kindle Unlimited format, I was able to locate the book on Kindle, but it isn't offered in Kindle Unlimited. I attempted to locate it several times, with the same result.

I tried opening it using the Kindle free reading application for Windows 10. I have opened many titles from Kindle Unlimited on this desktop that I am and was using.

I typically click on the book's cover and am provided with the various options of purchasing the book. This book does not appear to have a free Kindle Unlimited version, although it does have a paid Kindle version.

I did not get an error message, just no selection choice of Kindle Unlimited format.

I did read the Top Tips.

Thank you for your help. I am excited to begin my review.
gali

Post by gali »

CaptainPhoton wrote: 29 Mar 2019, 07:36 When trying to access the book Arsenic and Old Men: A Mitch and Al Mystery, in the Kindle Unlimited format, I was able to locate the book on Kindle, but it isn't offered in Kindle Unlimited. I attempted to locate it several times, with the same result.

I tried opening it using the Kindle free reading application for Windows 10. I have opened many titles from Kindle Unlimited on this desktop that I am and was using.

I typically click on the book's cover and am provided with the various options of purchasing the book. This book does not appear to have a free Kindle Unlimited version, although it does have a paid Kindle version.

I did not get an error message, just no selection choice of Kindle Unlimited format.

I did read the Top Tips.

Thank you for your help. I am excited to begin my review.
You should submit an error report about it via your Update tab.
A retired Admin/Mod

ivanmwani

Post by ivanmwani »

am not able to open the selected book because the kindle app is not compatible with my device. Will appreciate if i can get it in pdf version.
gali

Post by gali »

ivanmwani wrote: 04 Apr 2019, 05:27 am not able to open the selected book because the kindle app is not compatible with my device. Will appreciate if i can get it in pdf version.
As stated on your Review Team Page, once chosen, the format can't be changed. If you can't read the book, you need to quit it via your Update tab.
A retired Admin/Mod

Return to “E-Books and E-Readers”