The In Death series, by J.D.Robb

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
[booksndogs]
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-booksndogs.html

The In Death series, by J.D.Robb

Post by [booksndogs] »

This series of books, is a great read. The characters are believable , and quite likeable. Eve Dallas would be someone Id call friend.
Last edited by Gravy on 10 Aug 2016, 21:52, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Corrected author name
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: The Suite Life
Bookshelf Size: 2287
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

I have read most of the books in the series and liked them.
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
Lulu1991
Currently Reading: Just One Night
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lulu1991.html

Post by Lulu1991 »

Nora Roberts, aka JD Robb, is truly an amazing writer.

In her In Death Series, JD Robb really captures the audience with her words. Each book on the In Death Series is a page-turner. The series starts with Naked in Death a romantic thriller where Lieutenant Eve Dallas investigates the murder of a young women relative of a politician and her primary suspect is Roake, one of the wealthiest man in the worlds, yes plural. The book is set in the future (late 2050s) yet it is so engaging that you fell like you are living in that world.

The main characters are very well developed and you can't help but fall in love with each character. From Dallas's tenacity and passion, Roake's charm and kindness, to Peabody's sense of humor and loyalty. Each character is essential to this series and they really make the books come to life.

All the criminal cases are compelling and thrilling. It keeps you on the edge of your seat, wanting to finally know who is the murderer on each scenario. JD Robb provides great imagery; with every detail you are able to get a clear picture almost as if we are inside of the character's mind. I felt like I was watching an episode of Criminal Minds rather then reading a book since I was able to picture every aspect of the book. I could see, hear, smell and feel what the characters experienced.

I was introduced to this series through a friend of a friend. Within 4 weeks I read the first ten books of the series. I was so engaged that I was unable to stop.

This series is a must read.
Julie Ditton
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 031">Harry Potter and the Cursed Child, Parts 1 & 2</a>
Currently Reading: The Bone Collection
Bookshelf Size: 790
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julie-ditton.html
Latest Review: "Nightlord: Sunset" by Garon Whited
Reading Device: B00HCNHDN0

Post by Julie Ditton »

Thank you for your great review of the In Death series. You described the books very well, not easy to do with out spoilers. These books were recommended by a friend. Because I have enjoyed them so well, I have also read a few Nora Roberts. I was a bit of a snob when it comes to Romance novels. Had I not known that they are one and the same, I would have never sampled her work and I would have missed out on some guilty pleasures.
"Oh honestly, don't you two read?"

-Hermione Granger in Harry Potter and the Sorcerer 's Stone
by J.K. Rowling
Latest Review: "Nightlord: Sunset" by Garon Whited
spense42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-spense42.html

Post by spense42 »

I turn to this series when I need a quick read. I enjoy the stories and the characters, but the books don't require much work from the reader.
Cowgirl888
Currently Reading: The 13th Demon
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cowgirl888.html

Post by Cowgirl888 »

I really enjoy reading The In Death series...easy reading.
prayz_
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11

Post by prayz_ »

This is the best series I've read ever. The vibe to read these books all over is always there, J.D Robb is an amazing writer. I always imagine the characters in my head and sometimes dream about them. It's a good read.
Ellapepper

Post by Ellapepper »

This series is amazing. You can read any of them first and not be lost... you can read them in order and revel in how beautifully the author builds her characters... and rereads feel like visiting old freinds.
SchlosHughes18
Favorite Author: J.D. Robb
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
fav_author_id: 4006

Post by SchlosHughes18 »

I absolutely love reading the In Death series. J.D. Robb Aka Nora Roberts. They are some of the most exciting books I have ever picked up. Before I met my wife, I had only heard of Nora Roberts, but never heard of J.D. Robb, and thanks to her she has gotten me to open up these books. Now I believe I am on book 6. Please, if you love suspense, and love, pick up the In Death series, because I can promise you that you will never put them down. Now I plan on reading all 50 books!
PAC1984

Post by PAC1984 »

The “In Death” series by JD Robb (Nora Roberts) is my favorite read. I have read all of them except the last two. I am on Leverage In Death at the moment. I never get bored reading these as they’re fast paced and she paints the scenes without overdoing it. The main characters are clever, witty and each with their own style. I love the futuristic element of the story (it starts in the year 2058 with “Naked In Death”), and hope that in real life I’ll get to drive a vehicle that can go vertical!
shirlyb0b

Post by shirlyb0b »

This is hands down my favorite book series. I am currently on "New York to Dallas" and I am addicted to these books. I read the first one a few years ago and I immediately went out and bought the next 6. Every book is very engaging from beginning to end and I often have a hard time putting them down. I have the first 12 in paperback and each one after that I downloaded to my Kindle because I just ran out of space in my office for books. lol.

Eve's character is someone that I can truly relate to, from her damaged childhood to her irrational fears of common things (such as farm animals!). Also her tom-boyishness is something I relate to well. I don't do girly things and I always have to laugh when Eve is being forced to get a makeover, or wear crazy heels. I can totally see myself in her.

I won't share any spoilers in case there is someone new to this series, but I highly recommend it if you like crime with a side of romance.
PH03N1X
Favorite Author: James Patterson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1376
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ph03n1x.html
Latest Review: Gringo by Dan "Tito" Davis
fav_author_id: 3251

Post by PH03N1X »

This series has to be one of my favorites. I had read a few Nora Roberts books, and was not really impressed with them. One day a coworker handed me a book by J.D. Robb, and told me to try this series. What she didn't tell me was J.D Robb was Nora Roberts pseudonym, or that she started me five books into the series. I was addicted from that first book.

I realized first that I was in five books in the series before I realized the books were really written by Nora Roberts. I had to go read the first four books, and ever since then I've been addicted. It's funny, I still won't read a Nora Roberts book but I'll read J.D. Robb book all day long. Last book I read was Celebrity in Death. I need to do some more reading. I've even read the little novellas she has written in between the books.

I own all the J.D. Robb books up to Celebrity in Death, and I have lent them out to friends. They have become addicted to them also. They either borrow the books I have, or decide it's such a good series that they go, and buy their own.

I never thought of comparing the series to Criminal Minds, but I suppose that I can see how it could be like that. I love that it's set in the future with flying cars, and other gadgets that we don't have, yet. It's interesting to see the things that are antiques, and banned in the book that we still use today. Makes you wonder if that will happen in our lifetime.
The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you'll go. :techie-studyingbrown:

-Dr. Seuss
Amanda_underwood
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17

Post by Amanda_underwood »

I’ve read most of this series and I absolutely love them. They give you that suduceful mystery love that makes you want to be in the story telling Dallas “no don’t do that” or “girl remember three stories back..”. These books fulfill all ascent murder mystery romance all in one. Definitely a great read!
Sarah Sonbol
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 88
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-sonbol.html
Latest Review: Virus 4 Peace by June
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by Sarah Sonbol »

This series is very exciting and thrilling. Nora Roberts is extremly talented and her plots are extrely well-knitted.
Latest Review: Virus 4 Peace by June
Lindiwe Chakhala
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Rich Dad Poor Dad: Cashflow Quadrant
Bookshelf Size: 120
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lindiwe-chakhala.html
Latest Review: WatchDogs Abnormal Beginnings by Mike L Junior

Post by Lindiwe Chakhala »

Lulu1991 wrote: 10 Aug 2016, 20:48 Nora Roberts, aka JD Robb, is truly an amazing writer.

In her In Death Series, JD Robb really captures the audience with her words. Each book on the In Death Series is a page-turner. The series starts with Naked in Death a romantic thriller where Lieutenant Eve Dallas investigates the murder of a young women relative of a politician and her primary suspect is Roake, one of the wealthiest man in the worlds, yes plural. The book is set in the future (late 2050s) yet it is so engaging that you fell like you are living in that world.

The main characters are very well developed and you can't help but fall in love with each character. From Dallas's tenacity and passion, Roake's charm and kindness, to Peabody's sense of humor and loyalty. Each character is essential to this series and they really make the books come to life.

All the criminal cases are compelling and thrilling. It keeps you on the edge of your seat, wanting to finally know who is the murderer on each scenario. JD Robb provides great imagery; with every detail you are able to get a clear picture almost as if we are inside of the character's mind. I felt like I was watching an episode of Criminal Minds rather then reading a book since I was able to picture every aspect of the book. I could see, hear, smell and feel what the characters experienced.

I was introduced to this series through a friend of a friend. Within 4 weeks I read the first ten books of the series. I was so engaged that I was unable to stop.

This series is a must read.
I wholeheartedly agree. I travel to a whole new world. Her books act as teleportation devices. I loose track of everything in the real world. I stumbled upon her book in my high school library while searching for a good book. I am glad I found Eve Dallas.

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”