Ebook or paper book?

Use this forum to talk about ebooks and ebook readers. Whether you have an ebook reader, are considering getting one or never plan on getting one and want to talk about why you think traditional books are better, use this forum for anything to do with ebooks or ereaders.
agirlwhowrites
Currently Reading: Who Told You That You Were Naked?
Bookshelf Size: 15

Re: Ebook or paper book?

Post by agirlwhowrites »

Physical paper books. Always!!! I mean, e-books are fine and all, but how will you smell the pages????? :lol:
TDelozier1989
Currently Reading: Adrift
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by TDelozier1989 »

I prefer physical books. I guess I just like the fact that you can sit anywhere and not have to worry about it dying on you since you don't have to worry about plugging it in.
VivianMZ
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by VivianMZ »

I am a kindle girl all the way!! Easy to carry lots and lots of books without hurting your back carrying paperback 🤪 all you need is the palm of your hand
Diamonddog74
Currently Reading: Indian Immigrant
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by Diamonddog74 »

For me it depends. My favourite authors will always be in physical format, likewise for cookbooks. However my Kindle has been a lifesaver; I can take it on holiday, tuck it I my handbag if I’m going to be waiting for any time, and as a military wife who’s moved six times in the last seven and a half years, it has allowed me to buy books without worrying about shipping space when we move. You can’t beat a proper paper book though.
rinelle

Post by rinelle »

Paperboks feel so much more intimidated and personal. I only read Ebooks when I’m on public transportation because it’s more convenient.
Zuri_The_Sun
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zuri-the-sun.html
Latest Review: Dragon Born by Ela Lourenco

Post by Zuri_The_Sun »

E-books for now till I have a permanent residence. Then, I'll have a pretty library made.
jahagen
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jahagen.html
Latest Review: Opaque by Calix Leigh-Reign

Post by jahagen »

I definitely prefer physical copies of books to e-readers, but I can't deny the convenience of e-books. Like some others have mentioned, it's far easier to have an e-reader while travelling because you have a plethora of options to read available, and don't have to carry around thick and bulky books along with everything else. That being said though, after a long period of time of reading on my kindle or on my laptop, I find I always miss physically holding a book in my hands.
JennyorAlice
Currently Reading: Tales of the Cafe
Bookshelf Size: 151

Post by JennyorAlice »

I've always preferred reading the paper copy. One, we didn't have e-readers when I was growing up so that was never an option. Two, I'm one of those people that like the smell of the books while I'm reading and turning the actual page).

I did get myself a Kindle Fire last year. I can say that the one benefit of having it is reading is easier with it when I travel. I can carry it around instead of a bunch of books.
Kimii200123
Currently Reading: Twisted Threads
Bookshelf Size: 26

Post by Kimii200123 »

Although I prefer the paper copy, I read more ebooks these days. Like several mentioned before me, it's easier to read if you're not at home and it doesn't use much space if you read an ebook. But I love the smell of new books and the feeling of holding a real book. That's why I'll always come back to the paper books if I have the chance to.
finebunchofnothing
Currently Reading: The Bookshop
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-finebunchofnothing.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by finebunchofnothing »

As much as I love holding a proper book in my hands, lately I've been reading mostly ebooks. They are much easier to carry around, I can read them at any time of the day and even if there isn't much light around me. Oh, and they're usually much cheaper, that's also an important factor.
Tessa23Darling
Currently Reading: The Fire Within
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tessa23darling.html
Latest Review: If Life Stinks, Get Your Head Outta Your But's by Mark L. Wdowiak

Post by Tessa23Darling »

I'm all for technology and fully embrace the digital age... accept when it comes to books. There is absolutely nothing better than a soft blanket, a warm cup of tea and curling up with a book, paper printed book. Have you ever walked into an old bookstore and smelled that beautiful smell of knowledge? Remember the first time you cracked the spine on your favorite novel? Ugh... Love real, tangible books! EReaders are useful and have their place but I could never give up my library of hard and soft cover books!
Shent

Post by Shent »

Nothing better than a book but e-reader has it place
kimberlysue
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22

Post by kimberlysue »

I definitely prefer paper books to Ebooks. Ever since I was a child, I loved books and I was always excited when I got a new book. There is nothing like holding and opening a new book. I still get that same excitement today when I get a new paper book. I just don't get that same type of excitement or joy from an Ebook. I also like to collect books. A shelf full of books is beautiful. I can only read an Ebook for so long before it irritated my eyes, but I could sit there and read an entire paper book in one sitting, if I had the time.
Skye45
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 77
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-skye45.html
Latest Review: The FBI Inspector by Jay Dubya

Post by Skye45 »

Physical books! I really don't like e-books because I cant sniff the pages. haha & there's just something about holding the book, turning the pages and just being about to cuddle with it to capture the entire world the book is sucking you into... e-Books they're just plain... a screen with words on it.. plus the tablet dies..does a physical book do that? Nope. lol
Things ain't the way they used to be. Fact of business bein', they never was.
-Ladies of the Lake by Haywood Smith-
MandyP
Favorite Book: Blood of Dreams
Currently Reading: Social Creature
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mandyp.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by MandyP »

I always prefer a paperback. I do have a E-reader and read my latest review book on it which was ok. I do see the positives to the E-readers, for space saving, travelling etc but when at home it's a real book every time!
This too shall pass ~Edward Fitzgerald :roll: :doh:

Return to “E-Books and E-Readers”