Strict Anti-Spam Rules (for authors and publishers)

So that we can provide faster and better support, this forum (the "Public Suggestion Box") has been retired. Instead, please send any suggestions you have to us using the official website contact form.

This allows us to streamline our support system so that we can get to your message much faster. Instead of our support staff having to check three different places (support forum, suggestion box, and contact form messages), they know can respond to all message through one method, with that one method being the official website contact form.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

1MoHLuv
Currently Reading: The Devil's Astronaut
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reading Device: 1400697484

Re: Strict Anti-Spam Rules: Important for authors and publishers

Post by 1MoHLuv »

So glad I read this before trying to post anything at all. Thanks so much for being so explicit in your directions. I'm sure I will have no trouble in setting up my corner desk, so to speak. I look forward to reviewing lots of books without having to worry about advertisements and promoters.
Jacci
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jacci.html
Latest Review: The Unbound Soul by Richard L. Haight

Post by Jacci »

Wow, so nice rules and guidelines. I'm enjoying this site, I wanna explore more.
solfard
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by solfard »

Thanks for letting us in on the rules of this well engaging and educative site. I would try, much to keep to this rule, always re-asses my grasp of the rules and keep myself updated . I appreciate this kudos Scott. :tiphat:
southseas

Post by southseas »

Thanks Scott, as a newbie, your explanations are very clear.
Steekira
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-steekira.html
Latest Review: The Crystilleries of Echoland by Dew Pellucid

Post by Steekira »

So if I'm understanding this correctly, even if someone were to privately ask me in a PM about one of my sites (even for personal non business related reasons), I can't tell them what it is without purchasing an advertising package cause it would be considered self promotion? Or do different rules apply in that case since I'm not sharing it publicly. I'm probably completely misunderstanding this, so I figured I'd ask.
MrsCatInTheHat
Favorite Book: Cry the Beloved Country
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 376
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mrscatinthehat.html
Latest Review: Marc Marci by Larry G. Goldsmith
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 0

Post by MrsCatInTheHat »

Steekira wrote: 27 Jan 2019, 23:47 So if I'm understanding this correctly, even if someone were to privately ask me in a PM about one of my sites (even for personal non business related reasons), I can't tell them what it is without purchasing an advertising package cause it would be considered self promotion? Or do different rules apply in that case since I'm not sharing it publicly. I'm probably completely misunderstanding this, so I figured I'd ask.
How would they even know you had a site? You can't contact people, either publicly or privately, to tell them about your sites on the OBC.
Life without a good book is something MrsCatInTheHat cannot imagine.
Steekira
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-steekira.html
Latest Review: The Crystilleries of Echoland by Dew Pellucid

Post by Steekira »

True. Thanks for clarifying!
owenje99

Post by owenje99 »

I'm a new member and am glad I read the rules first.
Gracey Pagsiat
Currently Reading: Six Months in Montana (Montana Sweet Western Romance, #1)
Bookshelf Size: 5

Post by Gracey Pagsiat »

wow!! i happen to just scrolling around and read this rule. ive been into a lot of forums and this one here is just perfect! with this rule in mind, gotta go reading!
franthig

Post by franthig »

Hi, I hope I didn't commit a no-no by mentioning the title of my book in the introductions. Self promoting my book was not my intent. I was merely introducing myself as an author. My desire is to become a reviewer to earn extra money. It may be more complicated than I anticipated. Not sure how it all works. I would appreciate more information.
Blessings,
Franthig
Gravy
Gravymaster of Bookshelves
Favorite Author: Seanan McGuire
Favorite Book: As many as there are stars in the sky
Currently Reading: The Ghost Tree
Bookshelf Size: 1027
fav_author_id: 3249

Post by Gravy »

franthig wrote: 03 Jul 2019, 21:33 Hi, I hope I didn't commit a no-no by mentioning the title of my book in the introductions. Self promoting my book was not my intent. I was merely introducing myself as an author. My desire is to become a reviewer to earn extra money. It may be more complicated than I anticipated. Not sure how it all works. I would appreciate more information.
Blessings,
Franthig
Not much. :wink:

We just edit it out when it's a minor blip in an introduction post (most members aren't familiar with the rules at that point) so there's no harm done. No worries.

Thank you for reading the thread. :tiphat:
Pronouns: She/Her

What is grief, if not love persevering?

Grief is just love with no place to go.
Saranac23

Post by Saranac23 »

Read it and it's great to be thorough and fair. It makes sense, although I just joined today if i have questions I will follow appropriate channels just in case. Thank you and I look forward to working while being authentic and doing what I enjoy.
HappyTigerGeek
Currently Reading: How to Talk so Little Kids Will Listen
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-happytigergeek.html
Latest Review: Life in a Box by JoDee Neathery

Post by HappyTigerGeek »

Read these through and am happy I did. Very thorough and well thought out, I think. :) Looking forward to spending some time in these forums!
CharHeikkila
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-charheikkila.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by CharHeikkila »

As a newbie to the site this post is very clear and to the point.
Frances G
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Are Your Kids Naked Online?
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-frances-g.html
Latest Review: The Angel of Death Origins by Laurent Cousineau
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Frances G »

As a new member, I am thrilled to be reading books and actually reviewing them. At age 71, it is the opportunity of a lifetime. The rules are clear and concise. I will do my best to follow them.

Return to “Public Suggestion Box (Retired)”