What Did You Cook/bake Today?

Welcome to The Book, Cook, and Crafts, the place where lovers of cooking can share cool recipes, get advice on cooking techniques and tips, recommend great cooking books, and chat about food. Also, members can discuss crafty things here.
lee16mnqobi
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: What Did You Cook/bake Today?

Post by lee16mnqobi »

wow!! I love baking dessert is my favourite today im making chocolate sponge cake with white chocolate mouse๐Ÿ˜œ๐Ÿ˜œ๐Ÿ˜œdelicious
lee16mnqobi

Post by lee16mnqobi »

wow!! I love baking dessert is my favourite today im making chocolate sponge cake with white chocolate mouse๐Ÿ˜œ๐Ÿ˜œ๐Ÿ˜œdelicious
Savvy123

Post by Savvy123 »

Chocolate cake
Jacci
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jacci.html
Latest Review: The Unbound Soul by Richard L. Haight

Post by Jacci »

Spaghetti
:cooking: :cooking: reading while cooking is the best! :techie-reference: :lol2:
noni shonda
Currently Reading:

Post by noni shonda »

Salmon
Lilsth57

Post by Lilsth57 »

Baked tilapia and rice
Sh3rlockian
Currently Reading: The Affair of the Mysterious Letter
Bookshelf Size: 47

Post by Sh3rlockian »

Ooh! This looks like a fun place to spend some time (away from the kitchen and/or reading!)
Weekends are usually great kitchen days for me, so I plan on whipping up some slow cooker soups to prepare for these cold MidWest winter days ahead!
Zora C Penter
Currently Reading: Every Ghost Has Its Story
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zora-c-penter.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Post by Zora C Penter »

I made apple, chicken sausage, and spinach frittatas!
Chikari
Favorite Author: Mitch Albom
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chikari.html
Latest Review: The Talking Baobab Tree by Nelda LaTeef
fav_author_id: 2544

Post by Chikari »

Today I am making sugar cookies! I'm just using a box recipe for the base but I got a unicorn cookie cuter soon that I can't wait to use! I also found some pink frosting that has edible glitter in it. I can't wait to see how magical they look when they're done.
ninick

Post by ninick »

fish today :D :D
Missholl
Currently Reading: Days of the Giants
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-missholl.html
Latest Review: Days of the Giants by RJ Petrella
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Missholl »

Iโ€™m so excited about this forum! I plan on cooking grandmas spinach and meatballs tonight, but last night I made โ€œquick and easy 4 ingredient salmon cakes.โ€ I used about 7oz of leftover salmon, about 12 crushed Ritz crackers and one egg. I mixed that up and formed patties and coated them in seasoned panko. Since I donโ€™t need the calories, I chose to air fry instead of pan fry these. They could be jazzed up with diced onion and celery but these are fast and perfect for a quick weeknight meal.
I just started a food blog and its already cutting into my reading and reviewing time. Cooking and eBooks are two of my most favorite things!
Zora C Penter
Currently Reading: Every Ghost Has Its Story
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zora-c-penter.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Post by Zora C Penter »

Bratwurst, broccoli, sauerkraut, and quinoa on the menu tonight!
Gravy
Gravymaster of Bookshelves
Favorite Author: Seanan McGuire
Favorite Book: As many as there are stars in the sky
Currently Reading: The Ghost Tree
Bookshelf Size: 1027
fav_author_id: 3249

Post by Gravy »

Lots of breakfast items: hashbrowns, pancakes, baking powder biscuits, country gravy, sausage patties...

Not a good every day meal (obviously :lol: ), but wonderful once in awhile, and I had been craving it something terrible. :drool:
Pronouns: She/Her

What is grief, if not love persevering?

Grief is just love with no place to go.
wazhmah89

Post by wazhmah89 »

Today i cooked my favorite dish called Berenj (rice in dari).
ingredients:
1 cup rice
0.25 cup oil
salt as needed
rice masala from the Afghan store.
water

1.put the rice and some salt in boiling water to cook until the rice is soft when you chew on it
2.than i poured out all the water.
3. put the rice back in the pan add oil, masala and if needed some salt.
4. close the pan and put it for 20 min in oven 250 Fahrenheit.
5. mix the rice very well and Enjoy!! :D
KayWard88

Post by KayWard88 »

Sunday is a big day for me to cook. I prep for the week.

It's going to be a salad week. Thank heaven I still have some red lentil soup left over from last week.

I recently purchased the book Saladish by Ilene Rosen and I love it. So, I made the Slightly Spicy Carrots with Buckwheat Honey Salad. I made a few substitutions. I used regular honey I might use the buckwheat honey (can be found at Whole Foods) the next time. Used Cayenne Pepper instead of Schichimi togarashi and parlsey instead of chives. And instead of using 2 T of honey, I used 1 T of honey and 1 T of ginger syrup. It's very tasty.

I also made a spicy tahini recipe. I plan to use this over kale or spinach along with other salard fixings. It's very tasty with 1/4 c tahini, juice from 1 lemon, 1 small garlic clove, and 1/2 t of harrissa.

I also made this concoction that I found in the February 2019 Issue of Real Simple. You pour 4 c of water into a saucepan then add 2 cinnamon sticks, 2 star anise, 1 large ginger knob. Bring it to a boil and then steep for 10 minutes. Then add 2 T of honey, 2 T of apple cider vinegar and juice from 1 lemon. This has a very unique flavor and the apple cider vinegar makes it very tart. But very good.

I regularly make Marcella Hazan's past sauce to serve over angel hair pasta. That's a favorite goto of mine. 2 pounds of tomatoes diced with 1 whole onion placed in the sauce. I also saute garlic before I pour the tomatoes in. I cook it until the onion becomes soft. Yummy every time.

Return to โ€œBook, Cook, and Craftsโ€