Official Review: Kaleidoscope of Being by Jennifer Toth

Use this section to discuss drama books and poetry books. Drama includes plays but not novels. This includes work by Shakespeare, Marlowe, Miller etc. Poetry anthologies can also go here.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Tars
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 350

Re: Official Review: Kaleidoscope of Being by Jennifer Toth

Post by Tars »

Poetry never was my preferred genre, I don't like religious literature, cover and title makes me think of hippie - three strikes, out.
Manang Muyang
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures
Bookshelf Size: 685
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-manang-muyang.html
Latest Review: Your Great Name by Shawn Funk
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Manang Muyang »

Poems speak to the heart! The verses in the sample give us glimpses into the poet's life - her faith, her love of nature, her joy in simply being.

I am curious to read her tribute to the painters.

Thanks for the inspired review.
dlsorensen
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by dlsorensen »

A wonderful review. As a reader of Christian works, you painted a picture that intrigues me. Yet you still gave an accurate description for those not of the faith. While you gave a good review, I am left wondering what the substance is of the poems and if it could be used much like a daily reading. Again, thank you for your honest, clear review.
Sanju Lali
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Goodbye, Rudy Kazoody
Bookshelf Size: 445
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sanju-lali.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Sanju Lali »

The book with title Kaleidoscope of Being by Jennifer Toth seems like an inspirational and spiritual book having collection of poems which iterates that without self-love, one cannot love someone else. Nice thing is it tells that encourages to appreciate the beauty of the nature and being in unison with universe. Reading this book can give some relaxation to our mind.
life is only knowing the unknown, we can do this by reading books easily- Online book club is a great place for this. This is what I believe.
NuelUkah
Favorite Book: Heaven and Earth
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 283
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nuelukah.html
Latest Review: Dibs and Dabs of my Life by Gertrude Coulter

Post by NuelUkah »

A collection of poems which narrate the author's spiritual journey. I love the angle she presents on self-love. And I love the fact that this is a faith-based book.
If you are TOO BIG to DO SMALL things, then you are TOO SMALL to DO BIG things...

If you want to be remembered long after you are gone, WRITE books worth READING or DO things worth WRITING about...
timd
Favorite Book: The Rim of Space
Currently Reading: Making Monsters
Bookshelf Size: 440
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-timd.html
Latest Review: Mobius by Garon Whited

Post by timd »

I enjoy poetry but I don't particularly enjoy Christian poetry or literature. I do enjoy mystical poetry so I may enjoy this after all. Possibly the reviewer should have been more strict when taking the faults of editing into account.
Latest Review: Mobius by Garon Whited
EvaDar
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-evadar.html
Latest Review: Do Not Wish For A Pet Ostrich! by Sarina Siebenaler

Post by EvaDar »

This sounds wonderful. As a painter and writer, I think I would really enjoy the poetry and the subject matter. Thanks for the great review.
sit in the ocean. it is one of the best medicines on the planet. – the water
-Nayyirah Waheed
Misael Carlos
Favorite Book: The Sins of a Master Race
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 213
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-misael-carlos.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Misael Carlos »

The cover suits the book title and suggests different themes. Very nice and smart.
Dawn_Sooy
Currently Reading: Love is the Answer, God is the Cure
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dawn-sooy.html
Latest Review: E-M-P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Dawn_Sooy »

I found the first few poems reminding me of my faith in God. The words flowed together gracefully and had a rhythm I enjoy in poetry.
Alicia09
Currently Reading: The Cartel Crusher
Bookshelf Size: 270
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alicia09.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Post by Alicia09 »

Valentine's Day is coming up, so I wholeheartedly agree with the author's idea that we need to love ourselves first before we can love anyone else. This book is a collection of poems, so I will pass on this one. I like writing poetry, but I dislike reading poetry because it is usually written in a vague manner (thus making it difficult to decipher). Even though I will pass on this book, I will recommend this to anyone who enjoys inspirational poetry. Thanks!
:character-ariel:
RaeReads
Favorite Book: A Game of Thrones
Currently Reading: American Gods
Bookshelf Size: 32

Post by RaeReads »

A book of poems would be a nice change of pace for me, and I appreciate that the author has a close to relationship with God, but the religious aspect kind of makes me uncomfortable, honestly. I'm one of those people other people make fun of for always saying that I'm spiritual and not religious. I'll probably read the sample at least, because no matter what there's nothing wrong with a little inspirational poetry.
"A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one. " - George R.R. Martin
00LynnMarie
Currently Reading: The Warramunga's War
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-00lynnmarie.html
Latest Review: The Engine Woman's Light by Laurel Anne Hill

Post by 00LynnMarie »

I love poetry and have written some myself. I feel naked when someone reads poetry I have written though, because I put so much of my soul into the work. Based on the review, it doesn't really seem like the author did that. I will probably skip this one for now. Congrats on the BOTD though.
"There are times when the world is rearranging itself, and at times like that, the right words can change the world." - Orson Scott Card, Ender's Game
Katherine Smith
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 524">Nancy Drew</a>
Currently Reading: The Complete Tales and Poems of Edgar Allen Poe
Bookshelf Size: 504
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-katherine-smith.html
Latest Review: "Whisky tango foxtrot...copy" by John regan
Reading Device: B01KVZV52A

Post by Katherine Smith »

When I first saw the cover of the book, I thought of the hippie mentality of being one with the Universe, but I was pleasantly surprised that the author included religion into her book. I think that her advice on self-love and self-improvement is great, but experiences dealing with mental illness would have been helpful.
Latest Review: "Whisky tango foxtrot...copy" by John regan
tarafarah7
Favorite Author: Mitch Albom
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... ">tuesdays with Morrie</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1427
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tarafarah7.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG
fav_author_id: 2544

Post by tarafarah7 »

I know we aren't supposed to judge a book by it's cover, but I have to say it caught my eye right away, as did the title. I really like it! I think it will be refreshing to take this poetic journey through her eyes - her creativity and optimism sound inspiring. Thank you so much for your wonderful review! :-)
Willy 1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-willy-1.html
Latest Review: All the Targets by Noah Bond

Post by Willy 1 »

I am not a fan of poetry, but this seems pretty much awesome. Great review.

Return to “Drama and Poetry Books”