Are we meeting a turning point? On which decision have you come up after reading the book?

Use this forum to discuss the January 2019 Book of the month "Winning the War on Cancer" by Sylvie Beljanski
Rodrigo Niguez
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rodrigo-niguez.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Re: Are we meeting a turning point? On which decision have you come up after reading the book?

Post by Rodrigo Niguez »

Long gone are the days when death sentences was considered a death sentence. Integrative medicine is an emerging area in medicine and proffers good solution in the fight against cancer.
Ayat paarsa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ayat-paarsa.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley

Post by Ayat paarsa »

Don Pwai wrote: 03 Jan 2019, 11:52 Cancer is curable. There are several methods to be used in treatment of cancer other than medicinal prescription.
Yeah, I also believe that cancer is curable if caught at an early stage.
:reading-5: @paarsa. :escribir:
Ayat paarsa
Currently Reading:

Post by Ayat paarsa »

Rodrigo Niguez wrote: 03 Jan 2019, 12:42 Long gone are the days when death sentences was considered a death sentence. Integrative medicine is an emerging area in medicine and proffers good solution in the fight against cancer.
Yeah, I also believe that integrative medicine is a good solution. It's because both old and modern-day techniques of treatment are used in this medicine. I am sure that extracts from the Pao Pereira tree and the Rauwolfia vomitoria plant would be effective but the author herself admits that these are rare and the whole world can't approach them. We can't deny the effectiveness of modern day treatments as well. I can explain it, I once had to face acne problem. I was in much pain because of that. I tried so many home and herbal remedies as I was myself a believer of holistic and alternative medicine. But the result was nil. At last, I went to the hospital, they vaccinated me. And then I'm quite fine to thank God. So, I feel if someone has to go through the surgery to remove cancer, he/she must go for the sake of survival.
esthersamone
Favorite Book: Small Change
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 426
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-esthersamone.html
Latest Review: Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks by Morton E Tavel, MD

Post by esthersamone »

I am unable to conclusively answer the question even after reading the book more than half of it. So far, what I can argue in favor of is on prevention.
esthersamone
Favorite Book: Small Change
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 426
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-esthersamone.html
Latest Review: Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks by Morton E Tavel, MD

Post by esthersamone »

Ferdinand_otieno wrote: 02 Jan 2019, 09:35 I have always believed that cancer is curable. The author presents an alternative method and has converted a significant number people to that way. I honestly could not make a decision between normal methods and the author's take. I believe that mine is only an opinion. I would subscribe to the author's curative techniques.
I also follow your line of thought on this one.
Beatus
Currently Reading: Homicide
Bookshelf Size: 74
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-beatus.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Beatus »

My father is an MD. A long time ago, I remember him telling me that he doesn't believe that the cure for HIV-AIDS was a problem (by then the desiese was incurable), something else was. As I read the reactions here and in other forums, I get a feeling that most of life's biggest problems are probably solvable. With this in mind, the natural method is more appealing.
Anthony__
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 459
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anthony.html
Latest Review: Its Saddest Sound by Pirjo Marjut Vega-Brandt

Post by Anthony__ »

I think an alternative way of curing cancer is here!!!
Ayat paarsa
Currently Reading:

Post by Ayat paarsa »

esthersamone wrote: 04 Jan 2019, 01:58 I am unable to conclusively answer the question even after reading the book more than half of it. So far, what I can argue in favor of is on prevention.
Yeah, prevention is always better than cure. Thanks for sharing your precious opinion.
Ayat paarsa
Currently Reading:

Post by Ayat paarsa »

Beatus wrote: 04 Jan 2019, 02:17 My father is an MD. A long time ago, I remember him telling me that he doesn't believe that the cure for HIV-AIDS was a problem (by then the desiese was incurable), something else was. As I read the reactions here and in other forums, I get a feeling that most of life's biggest problems are probably solvable. With this in mind, the natural method is more appealing.
Thanks for sharing your opinion. I respect other's opinions.
Ayat paarsa
Currently Reading:

Post by Ayat paarsa »

Anthony__ wrote: 04 Jan 2019, 06:38 I think an alternative way of curing cancer is here!!!
If we take only drugs into consideration I agree that an alternative way of curing is here. I agree that drugs should be natural, non-synthetic, and non-toxic. But I don't know why I am unable to connect with the cut, burn philosophy uptilnow. If I take the author's words "integrative medicine" into consideration, surgery and radiation might be the options (depending on the condition of patient).
Cara Van Heerden
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cara-van-heerden.html
Latest Review: The Prize by Geoffrey M Cooper
Reading Device: B0147LDSG0

Post by Cara Van Heerden »

Bavithra M wrote: 02 Jan 2019, 00:46 In my opinion there is an solution for all problems and all diseases. Modern medicines has created cancer to be a big taboo and non curable just to make money. Cancer has become a taboo only in the past 10 years before that no one had cancer or very less people only had cancer. According to me cancer is curable but the modern medicinal mafia has purposely not revealed the medicines to cure cancer just to make money.
Greed is a scary thing. I wouldn't put it passed money hungry CEO's to withold life saving methods just for profit. They can make more money by slowly introducing the right methods than by just giving the solution and having everyone copy them, lowering the price.
“If we find ourselves with a desire that nothing in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that we were made for another world.” - C.S. Lewis
Itskai88
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 110
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-itskai88.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Post by Itskai88 »

this book has just enlightened me a lot more and it has given me an avenue to be more open minded. although this book was written based on her opinion, there are still a lot of books out there like this with extensive research on alternative medicine and i personally think there is no harm in trying them out.
briellejee
Currently Reading: Opaque
Bookshelf Size: 292
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-briellejee.html
Latest Review: The Watchmaker’s Doctor by G. M. T. Schuilling

Post by briellejee »

Itskai88 wrote: 07 Jan 2019, 13:59 this book has just enlightened me a lot more and it has given me an avenue to be more open minded. although this book was written based on her opinion, there are still a lot of books out there like this with extensive research on alternative medicine and i personally think there is no harm in trying them out.
I also agree that this isn't just the book about it and there is no harm in trying them out.
"All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost"
Ayat paarsa
Currently Reading:

Post by Ayat paarsa »

Itskai88 wrote: 07 Jan 2019, 13:59 this book has just enlightened me a lot more and it has given me an avenue to be more open minded. although this book was written based on her opinion, there are still a lot of books out there like this with extensive research on alternative medicine and i personally think there is no harm in trying them out.
Miss. Silvie and the review team have the rare gift of inspiring and helping people. In fact, I owe them both a personal debt of gratitude for the helpful guidance I have received from their writings. They very politely and gently convinced me: Why alternative medicine instead of traditional?
Ayat paarsa
Currently Reading:

Post by Ayat paarsa »

briellejee wrote: 07 Jan 2019, 18:50
I also agree that this isn't just the book about it and there is no harm in trying them out.
Yeah, Thanks to Miss. Silvie for her contribution to the war against cancer. Her offered treatment has no side effects I agree.

Return to “Discuss "Winning the War on Cancer" by Sylvie Beljanski”