Looking for Dark Romance books without kidnappers, stalkers or control freaks as main male protagonists

Looking for a specific book recommendation? Need help finding your next great read? Tell us a little about you, your preferences, and other books you enjoy. Tell us a little about what kind of books you want to read. Our helpful community of avid readers will gladly help you. :)

If you are looking for general recommendations rather than personalized recommendations, please check out the exclusive reviews from our official review team.
lucia_kizas
Favorite Author: Gabriel Garcia Marquez
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lucia-kizas.html
Latest Review: Business Basics BootCamp by Mitche Graf
fav_author_id: 2366

Looking for Dark Romance books without kidnappers, stalkers or control freaks as main male protagonists

Post by lucia_kizas »

Hello everybody!
I have been reading quite a few dark romance books in the last couple of years. I love the genre, but I struggle to find anything worth reading now. I mean, there are loads and loads of dark romance books, but I am not interested in "taken/kidnapped/sold to evil billionaire/drug lord type of books.
Stalkers are a no-go! I had one in my life... It is scary, to say the least.
Male protagonists with a hungry dog (I mean jealous, obsessive, the "you are mine" and "I will kill anybody, who come between us" type) attitude are equally not my style.
To sum things up - are there any dark romance writers like Skye Warren? :)
Louanne Piccolo
Currently Reading: A Judegement in Stone
Bookshelf Size: 88
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-louanne-piccolo.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Louanne Piccolo »

Hi Lucia,
Well, no-one seems to know of anything - myself included! The problem I'm having in recommending someone is the fact that all the dark romance books I've read do have some sort of control freak male protagonist. I haven't read Skye Warren so I can't get a feel of what you're looking for. Do you have another example?
It's likely I will die next to a pile of things I was meaning to read - Lemony Snicket

Return to “Personalized Reading Recommendations”