The truth and lies about DIGITAL MARKETING

Before posting in this marketing forum, please try to read 10 Step Plan to Promote Your Book: Online Book Marketing on Any Budget. This forum is mainly for followup questions and discussion after reading that book. This forum does indeed allow for much broader discussion of marketing and promotion than just that book, but it's good for everyone to be on the same page about the basics.

Please note, this forum is not for self-promotional plugs. It's for discussing how to promote your book or other writing.
cristy_fetalino0623
Currently Reading: What God is Saying
Bookshelf Size: 10

The truth and lies about DIGITAL MARKETING

Post by cristy_fetalino0623 »

I'm an Accountant by profession at the same time online Marketer on different platform.
In six months time trying to grow in digital world I had learn the truth and lies on DIGITAL MARKETING.

Here is the truth

1.We waste so much money and time to create good traffic/sales on our site.
2. We used to convinced our valued customers a promising outcome or results.
3. We create a numerous campaign , quality stuff that Digital Marketing is effective and easy.

BUT here is the lies
1. Having a good website , quality stuff and wasting money and time is not effective way to create traffic, visitors and good sales.
2. Digital Marketing is not easy as we expected.
3. Financial Freedom on Digital Marketing is not for everyone.
niceman54
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by niceman54 »

The truth is that starting digital marketing may be discouraging because one have to build it websites, campaigns traffic etc before expecting return or earning. Thanks for your write up.
perthy

Post by perthy »

Digital Marketing is hard if you don't know your niche and market. I beg to differ about the websites part, having a good website is crucial to your product's success only if the product or service needs it.You website is basically your online footprint and online portfolio for everyone to see. A good website means that the branding is good and good branding deals with people's emotions about buying the product. It's even simple to create a good website and it's not that hard at all even! You can now use sophisticated website builders to create a website easily.

Of course you will waste money and time if you focus on the wrong target market and wrong brand tone and voice for your service or product. A great plan is needed first before execution and your digital marketing won't translate to sales if you just decide to buy paid FB ads or Google ads.
Last edited by gali on 08 May 2019, 06:13, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edited out link
VandaQ
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vandaq.html
Latest Review: Something About Ann by J. Everett Prewitt

Post by VandaQ »

perthy wrote: 15 Nov 2018, 01:51 Digital Marketing is hard if you don't know your niche and market. I beg to differ about the websites part, having a good website is crucial to your product's success only if the product or service needs it.
I very much agree with you. Having studied marketing, I can tell you without a website you're more or less invisible to consumers. Not only that, but a good website can make the difference between a buy/view and complete disinterest. For example, the average consumer does not want to click more than three times to find what they need on a website. Imagine there is a poorly constructed website... How many consumers were just driven away because they got frustrated with the layout? Plus, it puts the brand/product on the map, as you said. And if you invest a bit of time into learning about SEO (search engine optimization), you can actively drive traffic to your website. Just because the website might not be the main platform that attracts the most views for someone, it doesn't mean it's not important to have one - and a well-made one for that matter.
madhuri94

Post by madhuri94 »

Digital Marketing is a very growing field nowadays so the information you provided is excellent. Thanks for sharing.
lisalynn
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lisalynn.html
Latest Review: Sex on every Paige by Graham Spaid

Post by lisalynn »

Since the doors to public access are now thrown wide open by the internet and social media, the competition for attention is fiercer than ever before. Plenty of quality books go unnoticed in favor of inferior offerings simply because an author is more "famous" or already in the public eye for something else.
rakhi73

Post by rakhi73 »

Thanks for this information
CinWin
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 311
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cinwin.html
Latest Review: The Crystilleries of Echoland by Dew Pellucid

Post by CinWin »

Thanks for sharing, but it would be more appropriate if you would say it is "YOUR" truth, not "THE" truth.
Thanks again.
----"Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."----
sonamg9291710

Post by sonamg9291710 »

Nowadays, Digital marketing is the main source for all marketing products and services. So it's a bit hard to understand the business techniques and all, once you understood it will be easy.
Reni Stankova

Post by Reni Stankova »

I work in digital marketing, and it's all about trial and error. If something works for one product, it doesn't work for another. And even the same strategy doesn't work the same way on the same product. It needs constant work and development. It's extremely tiring.
njc28
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21

Post by njc28 »

Digital marketing is growing every in the world, investors should search enough information before joining them to avoid regret.
oluchiokere84
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oluchiokere84.html
Latest Review: A Portrait of Mommy by JL Coston

Post by oluchiokere84 »

I agree with lie number 3.
niteshkhawani

Post by niteshkhawani »

Thanks for informing about digital marketing facts in the market. so we will aware about information and in the future before given to work any agency, we can definitely cross check for this facts.

Thanks & Regards,
Nitesh Khawani
benjamin28

Post by benjamin28 »

cristy_fetalino0623 wrote: 10 Jul 2018, 09:39 I'm an Accountant by profession at the same time online Marketer on different platform.
In six months time trying to grow in digital world I had learn the truth and lies on DIGITAL MARKETING.

Here is the truth

1. We waste so much money and time to create good traffic/sales on our site.
2. We used to convince our valued customers a promising outcome or results.
3. We create a numerous campaigns, quality stuff that Digital Marketing is effective and easy.

BUT here is the lies
1. Having a good website , quality stuff and wasting money and time is not effective way to create traffic, visitors and good sales.
2. Digital Marketing is not easy as we expected.
3. Financial Freedom on Digital Marketing is not for everyone.
Hello there,

Are the truth Digital Marketing is very effective in your business and the easy way to read and learn one more thing Digital Marketing fasted way to promote your business and your site he is more traffic provide after that your site as soon as possible to google rank the first position and depends on your site which service provide.
latishasharma

Post by latishasharma »

Yes, every digital marketers should keep this things in mind, we have to think positive be loyal with our customers.

Basically some marketers lie about following things..
1.A Great Website Is All I Need
2.I’ll Produce Great Content Every Day
3.Social Media Is Owned Media
4.Negative Comments Are Bad
5.Everyone Will Love Our Content

Whatever lies we tell to ourselves or with customers, here is some hard truth keep in mind:

1.We need to commit to customer value in our marketing.
2.We waste money, not in trying new things, but in repeating things we know won’t work.
3.Customers buy from us because of their experience with us
4.Marketing brings out the humanity of your organisation
5.Effective marketing is not hard. Scaling and repeating is hard.

Return to “Marketing and Promotion for Writers”