Which piece of advice can you apply to your everyday life?

Use this forum to discuss the November Book of the month "If life stinks get your head outta your buts" by Mark L. Wdowiak
Anon_Reviewer
Favorite Book: A Thousand Splendid Suns
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 146
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anon-reviewer.html
Latest Review: Niching Up by Chris Dreyer
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Re: Which piece of advice can you apply to your everyday life?

Post by Anon_Reviewer »

fernsmom wrote: 15 Nov 2018, 00:17 I think the title is the one that is applicable to me. I tend to do that, expect different results even though I haven't changed anything. Don't know if it is stubbornness, no imagination, or what but I catch myself. I just need to learn from that.
Makes the two of us, mate. :doh: I think with me, it's that I don't like being wrong, so it takes me a while to admit that I need to make changes. I'm working on it though.
gfowle
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gfowle.html
Latest Review: Will of The Hill by Marshall Cobb

Post by gfowle »

My biggest takeaway from this book is that sometimes I need to take a step back from my life, and reconsider things from a new perspective. It isn't always easy, and it isn't something that I need to do every day, but it is something that I need to do in order to maintain a fresh view of the world, and in order to make sure that my actions are still in line with my long-term goals.
Shilpa Paul
Currently Reading: Temptation Trials Revolution
Bookshelf Size: 110
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shilpa-paul.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Post by Shilpa Paul »

We are responsible for our actions and choices or decision we make. Whatever is the outcome live with it, do not blame others. Take responsibility and try to be the change you want.
kristine29
Currently Reading: Release that witch
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kristine29.html
Latest Review: Chasing The Red Queen by Karen Glista

Post by kristine29 »

Advice that I can apply to my life and really relate to , is making myself accountable for whatever decision I decided to make. I think it makes me more matured even if it's just a tiny bit.
charity muthoka
Currently Reading: The Black Market
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by charity muthoka »

This book has taught me very many lessons like for instance being responsible for every single mistake that i do and also not blaming other people for my own mistakes.
Oceandrop
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Oceandrop »

This book has shown me that no matter how little a mistake I make is.its never gonna be fixed.thereby making me responsible for my actions,choices, decisions towards certain issues. In life
Theresa Moffitt
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 294
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-theresa-moffitt.html
Latest Review: Royal Gossip by Trisha Goodwin
2024 Reading Goal: 20
2024 Goal Completion: 30%

Post by Theresa Moffitt »

I like the idea of always being prepared for th opportunities that come your way. If an opportunity comes your way and you aren’t prepared for it, it will be missed
Donbaba

Post by Donbaba »

Encouraging myself to Never lose hope in life no matter the conditions I find myself.
starshipsaga
Currently Reading: WatchDogs Abnormal Beginnings
Bookshelf Size: 2024
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-starshipsaga.html
Latest Review: Secrets of the Dead by Murray Bailey

Post by starshipsaga »

Having a plan instead of just waiting for opportunities to fall in your lap. Actually, that's a lesson I learned in earlier in my life while in college, but when I saw the author explore the idea in this book, it really resonated with me and I couldn't agree more.
Samy Lax
Currently Reading: 100 Ways to Motivate Yourself
Bookshelf Size: 156
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samy-lax.html
Latest Review: Chats with God in Underwear by Eduardo Chapunoff

Post by Samy Lax »

I think this book teaches you how to accept responsibility for your own mistakes. I really like this one the best!
“...in principle and reality, libraries are life-enhancing palaces of wonder.”
― Gail Honeyman, Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine
P Reefer
Favorite Book: The Lost Identity Casualties
Currently Reading: De Facto Feminisn
Bookshelf Size: 159
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-p-reefer.html
Latest Review: The McCoys Before The Feud by Thomas McCoy

Post by P Reefer »

Kibetious wrote: 01 Nov 2018, 07:59 I think it would be to stop living by accident and start living with intention. There are many days that pass by and when one tries to look back, it seems one was just living and did whatever came by, not based on any plan.
I also find these lines quite meaningful, and inspirational.
P Reefer
Favorite Book: The Lost Identity Casualties
Currently Reading: De Facto Feminisn
Bookshelf Size: 159
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-p-reefer.html
Latest Review: The McCoys Before The Feud by Thomas McCoy

Post by P Reefer »

Alicia09 wrote: 01 Nov 2018, 19:50 The best piece I've found was the idea that we are not responsible for other people's actions, but we can choose how to respond to everything around us. I find this to be a very valuable piece of advice because I've dealt with a lot of insecure people who were always trying to hurt others to make themselves look good. In my earlier years, I made a mistake of taking it personally whenever someone tried to hurt me out of insecurity or jealousy. This book reminds me of how important it is to resist getting caught up in someone else's drama.
I also adhere to this tenet, I always avoid persons who I care little about from ruining happy moments for me I bask in happiness despite their petty attempts to ruin my peace of mind.
Joe Hadithi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joe-hadithi.html
Latest Review: Ironing by Navajo

Post by Joe Hadithi »

That I need to b responsible for my life and the things that happen in it. To be in control of my mind and my actions.
Latest Review: Ironing by Navajo
vinkipc
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vinkipc.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley

Post by vinkipc »

Associating myself with positive people. That's the main piece of advice I was able to pick in this great story.
Ganguita

Post by Ganguita »

I would honestly say the way we give out our atitude in life , because going to a job interview or anywhere to apply , you have to have the best attitude you can have ..

Return to “Discuss "If life stinks get your head outta your buts" by Mark L. Wdowiak”