Which piece of advice can you apply to your everyday life?

Use this forum to discuss the November Book of the month "If life stinks get your head outta your buts" by Mark L. Wdowiak
charmperit
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-charmperit.html
Latest Review: Pastoring is not what you think by Elijah Oladimeji

Re: Which piece of advice can you apply to your everyday life?

Post by charmperit »

Kibetious wrote: 01 Nov 2018, 07:59 I think it would be to stop living by accident and start living with intention. There are many days that pass by and when one tries to look back, it seems one was just living and did whatever came by, not based on any plan.
True, but for me it's still important to keep the balance between living with the plans and living spontaneously 😊
charmperit
Currently Reading:

Post by charmperit »

Bukari wrote: 01 Nov 2018, 13:41 Well, we have so many weaknesses to deal with. Most at times we blame others for our misfortunes, instead of us to wake up and take our responsibilities. And I am very sure the book has more lessons to offer everyone.
Taking responsibility is one of the keys to maturity (and adulthood).
charmperit
Currently Reading:

Post by charmperit »

evan1995muniz wrote: 01 Nov 2018, 14:09 What i have applied to my life the most is finding the things i can really exell at and be sucessfull, reviewing books is one of them, i have a passion for reviewing and have even thought of making a book journaling everything i do from day to day, a little autobiography of sorts. This self help-book is what helped inspire me to want to write. Im sure it may inspire many others to really find the things that make them feel sucessfull in this ever degrading society we call humanity.
Yes and finding the thing that an individual is good at is always the challenge.
Sharill Rasowo
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Worldlines
Bookshelf Size: 210
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sharill-rasowo.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Sharill Rasowo »

What I liked the most was his advice on failure. His assertion that failure is not failure if we learn from it resonated with me. I think it is really helpful advice as we are bound to fail at some point in our lives, and listening to such encouraging words would really make a difference.
Norma Fleagane
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Norma Fleagane »

Live on the bright side of life. Even if you had the worst day ever, find something that was good about it; and be thankful for it. Everyday, at dinner or before you go to bed, ask yourself "What was the best part of my day?"
Ashley Cremer
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashley-cremer.html
Latest Review: Shot Down by Steve Snyder

Post by Ashley Cremer »

I think the best piece of advice that I took away from the book was to not let people offend you. I liked how he said that letting people offend you meant that you valued their opinion of you more than your opinion of yourself. I need to take that advice.
CinWin
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 311
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cinwin.html
Latest Review: The Crystilleries of Echoland by Dew Pellucid

Post by CinWin »

I re-remembered a lot from reading this book. The two ideas that really hit home was to know that I and I alone am resposible for my life. I cannot blame anyone else. The second idea is that "happiness and success come from within, not from without."
----"Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."----
Clinton Jerry
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Clinton Jerry »

Talks about key issues in every day life that i gladly can take up in improving my own life
kristine29
Currently Reading: Release that witch
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kristine29.html
Latest Review: Chasing The Red Queen by Karen Glista

Post by kristine29 »

the mottos that really get to me are "Stop doubting yourself, work hard and make it happen" whenever I'm being such a pessimist I think of this words, it keeps me moving everytime.
And "Pause, Cry if you must, But keep moving" reminds me that crying is not a sign of weakness, it's a necessity. Everyone of us needs to shed a tears once in a while.
Radiant3
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: Healing Your Attachment Wounds
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 146
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-radiant3.html
Latest Review: The Way of the Goddess by Ananta Ripa Ajmera

Post by Radiant3 »

This is a great book, with so much helpful and practical advice.

"Your main concern should be to make sure you are making sound decisions based on facts."
Sunday diamond
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sunday-diamond.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Sunday diamond »

I've learnt that its not just working hard that guarantee success. Though I know this before now but I don't strongly believe it.
David Koreas
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-david-koreas.html
Latest Review: Superhighway by Alex Fayman

Post by David Koreas »

To live a purposeful life rather than just living because their is life. The author prioritizes intentions in life because they are a guide to all our actions.
fernsmom
Favorite Book: Smith
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fernsmom.html
Latest Review: The Easter Make Believers by Finn Bell
Reading Device: 1400698987

Post by fernsmom »

I think the title is the one that is applicable to me. I tend to do that, expect different results even though I haven't changed anything. Don't know if it is stubbornness, no imagination, or what but I catch myself. I just need to learn from that.
Nusrat_Shabnam_
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nusrat-shabnam.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing

Post by Nusrat_Shabnam_ »

I learnt so many lessons. To be responsible and to have self-trust in any negative decision are my favorite.
Anon_Reviewer
Favorite Book: A Thousand Splendid Suns
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 146
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anon-reviewer.html
Latest Review: Niching Up by Chris Dreyer
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Anon_Reviewer »

Trusting yourself when you want to say 'no' is a good one. For me, the biggest takeaway was that I should stop trying to always make people see things my way. Sometimes, agreeing to disagree is the best way. :)

Return to “Discuss "If life stinks get your head outta your buts" by Mark L. Wdowiak”