Overall rating and opinion of "Apollo's Raven"

Use this forum to discuss the September Book of the Month "Apollo's Raven" by Linnea Tanner.
Starley
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Overall rating and opinion of "Apollo's Raven"

Post by Starley »

I finished of read the book of Apollo’s Raven, I think about the combination of the magic with the history of love and the protection of a kingdom and is given a touch of fantasy and mistery and I liked about the same way they perceive magic as something that could be out of place but at the time a power of the princess. I think is also a nice touch and how they are representing of a way a bit of the history and the ancient Gods of the ancestral cultures as Apollo and the sacrifices (that is more as if all the cultures was given sacrifices of blood to reptilian Gods after all..) but yes, good book to read and the good way they include to make think at the reader about the magic as a kind of fantasy but real and helpful, that perhaps until a point can exists. ;)
StormBorn1721
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15

Post by StormBorn1721 »

I read this book when I first came out because a friend told me about it. It was pretty outstanding.
Tiffanyw1986
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Tiffanyw1986 »

From what it looks like this book has some mixed reviews. I will be checking this book out it seems like one I might like.
Dawnks09
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dawnks09.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by Dawnks09 »

I like this historical fiction especially when it tells a riveting story about family, politics, and religion. The characters were fascinating and captivating. I rate it 4 out of 4 stars and I would recommend it those who love history and don't mind politics and religion.
Ma Cheryll
Currently Reading: Grace Revealed
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ma-cheryll.html
Latest Review: Beneath the Muscle by Lauren Powers

Post by Ma Cheryll »

An award-winning historical fantasy book that gives us a glimpse of Ancient Roman and Celtic heritage, plus an added flavor of forbidden love, what a treat🤗 i find the cover so attractive too👀 i will definitely give this book my attention😍 I honestly believe this is worthy of a 4 out of 4 stars. Congrats to the author on the #BOTM for the month of September 👏👏👏
A G Darr
Currently Reading: Roadmap to the end of days
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-a-g-darr.html
Latest Review: Debt Cleanse by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by A G Darr »

I haven't read this book, but I might try to read it because of some of the discussions on this thread. Historical fantasy sounds really interesting.
writer808
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-writer808.html
Latest Review: The Chest of Visions by Tim Ferguson

Post by writer808 »

4 out of 4 stars for this book.I got to know about this book from this channel and when i read it i loved it.The historical elements is very nicely composed.i would definitely recommend this book.
Sirlimu01
Currently Reading: Kaiserjaeger
Bookshelf Size: 244
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Sirlimu01 »

I thnk the characterization of the book suite the adult since the youth will not comprehence it structure. The book is filled with a mix element like history, fantasy, mythology, etc. The book gave an insight and preview more than one historical culture and unsatistified romance. The author pictured in the mind of the readers the ancient history where strong celtic women find themselves influencing clansmen, kings and queens. It also in the other hand bring to view the practics, religion, methology, fantasy of celtic culture and that of Roman empire in null shet. LINNEA TANNER makes this book interesting in the way of presentation of the storyline, especially the romance that bring about the fictional tale that ursher in historical research. I give it 4 out of 4.
Sirlimu01
Currently Reading: Kaiserjaeger
Bookshelf Size: 244
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Sirlimu01 »

I thnk the characterization of the book suite the adult since the youth will not comprehence it structure. The book is filled with a mix element like history, fantasy, mythology, etc. The book gave an insight and preview more than one historical culture and unsatistified romance. The author pictured in the mind of the readers the ancient history where strong celtic women find themselves influencing clansmen, kings and queens. It also in the other hand bring to view the practics, religion, methology, fantasy of celtic culture and that of Roman empire in null shet. LINNEA TANNER makes this book interesting in the way of presentation of the storyline, especially the romance that bring about the fictional tale that ursher in historical research. I give it 4 out of 4.
NhkeiraT
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nhkeirat.html
Latest Review: Heartaches by H.M. Irwing

Post by NhkeiraT »

I saw the cover and it's caught my eye. But it seems to be about the Greek empire/Ancient Greece just from the glimpse of the cover. Have yet to read a review.
Leyla
Currently Reading: Banished Threads
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leyla.html
Latest Review: Soul Seeker by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Leyla »

I read a sample of the book. I love historical fantasy. I am looking forward to finishing the book.
Okafor Prosper
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 250
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-okafor-prosper.html
Latest Review: 52 Pieces: by Dr. Marina Kostina

Post by Okafor Prosper »

The book incorporates elements of history and fantasy really well. The characters are also easy to connect with. I really enjoyed reading this book. I'll rate it 3 out of 4.
inmod
Favorite Book: We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-inmod.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by inmod »

I haven't read the book but judging from the title, it might be related to space, ie the name Apollo? Maybe after I check the reviews done by others, I will read about it.
Alice Thokchom
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thokchom-alice.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley

Post by Alice Thokchom »

I haven't read the book yet but I have read the review. The plot of seems appealing. Kings Queens, princess and their story are very interesting. I'll pick this up.
A joke is to entertain people. If it fails to do so, it's something else!
fredrick otieno
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fredrick-otieno.html
Latest Review: Kennedy's Revenge by Stephen L Rodenbeck

Post by fredrick otieno »

To be frank i have not read the book, but am now curious and i am making my next read.

Return to “Discuss "Apollo's Raven" by Linnea Tanner”