Anne of Green Gables - graphic novel

Use this sub-forum to discuss comic books and graphic novels.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
angiejack456
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-angiejack456.html
Latest Review: Arsenic and Old Men by Glenn Ickler

Anne of Green Gables - graphic novel

Post by angiejack456 »

Reading the Anne of Green Gables series by L.M. Montgomery was a big part of my childhood. They are some of my favorite books. There have been a lot of new adaptations created lately. Some of these are wonderful and some are dreadful. Since I consider myself one of Anne's biggest fans, I am always hesitant when I see a new take on her. I recently got the graphic novel adapted by Mariah Marsden and illustrated by Brenna Thummler. I thought it would be a good introduction for my young daughters to one of my favorite book characters of all time. I am happy to report that it did not disappoint. The adaptation is true to the original work and the illustrations are enchanting.

Have any of you seen this wonderful graphic novel? Did you feel it did Anne justice?
steigerd
Favorite Book: The Boys in the Boat
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 146
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-steigerd.html
Latest Review: Days of the Giants by RJ Petrella

Post by steigerd »

It is terrific they stayed with the original work. I have seen several of the adaptations, and it is very disappointing to see a loved story changed.
Reader Robin
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Reader Robin »

I absolutely loved those books and had no idea there was a graphic novel based on them. To be honest, I've been a little scared to watch or read other things that might tarnish my memory of those books. I know that Netflix also has a series, but I haven't seen it yet.

Return to “NEW: Graphic Novels and Comic Books”