Joelle Jones

Use this sub-forum to discuss comic books and graphic novels.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Vscholz
Currently Reading: Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone
Bookshelf Size: 816
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vscholz.html
Latest Review: Primrose’s Curse by Kiara Shankar, Vinay Shankar
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Joelle Jones

Post by Vscholz »

About a year ago, I read a trade book titled Lady Killer by Joelle Jones. I fell in love with the character, the story, and the art atyle.

Jones has since done some illustrations for Mockingbird (written by mystery/thriller author Chelsea Cain who also wrote the intro for Lady Killer) and worked on the SuperGirl comics. She is currently writing/illustrating the new Catwoman series. I haven't read SuperGirl yet but I am sure I will love it.

Are there any artists that make you want to read everything by them?
As for you & your heart & the things you said & didn't say, she will remember them all when men are fairy tales in books written by rabbits. (Schmendrick the Magician)
Nisha Ward
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Garth Nix
Favorite Book: Binti Home
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 321
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nisha-ward.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer
Reading Device: B0794RHPZD
fav_author_id: 4351

Post by Nisha Ward »

Joelle Jones and Mitch Gerads are the artists for me. I've read the entirety of the latest Mister Miracle just for the art and I'm thinking of starting The Sheriff of Babylon for the same reason.
"...while a book has got to be worthwhile from the point of view of the reader it's got to be worthwhile from the point of view of the writer as well." - Terry Pratchett on The Last Continent and his writing.

Return to “NEW: Graphic Novels and Comic Books”