Favourite manga

Use this sub-forum to discuss comic books and graphic novels.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Reigny01
Currently Reading: Triplicity
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reading Device: 1400697484

Re: Favourite manga

Post by Reigny01 »

:) Tokyo Ghoul is mine for now ..well-developed, unique, and beautifully drawn!!
nomnombooks
Currently Reading: Die Uhr, die nicht tickt
Bookshelf Size: 491
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nomnombooks.html
Latest Review: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by nomnombooks »

My favourites are Tokyo Ghoul and Attack on Titan. The story in both of them is amazing and engaging and Tokyo Ghouls is probably one of the most beautiful mangas ever.
Mariette15
Favorite Author: Patrick Ness
Currently Reading: The Knife of Never Letting Go
Bookshelf Size: 37
fav_author_id: 3220

Post by Mariette15 »

Assassination classroom and Classroom of the Elite. Freaking love these two, and got into them because of the anime.
Reigny01
Currently Reading: Triplicity
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Reigny01 »

What is the classroom elite one like/about?
AzzyTheCreep
Currently Reading: Alice's Adventures in Wonderland
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by AzzyTheCreep »

I actually love Pandora Hearts, it's one of my favorite manga. Boku No Hero Academia is great as well!
A_simple_Hamster
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44

Post by A_simple_Hamster »

I'm afraid it's well known, The Ancient Magus' Bride, I love both, the manga and the anime.
Letora
Favorite Book: Wicked Saints
Currently Reading: the air between
Bookshelf Size: 251
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-letora.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Letora »

I'm newer to manga reading, but I love Deadman Wonderland! I'm about halfway through.
"Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope." - Dr. Seuss
neoalli2
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by neoalli2 »

Some of my favorites that aren't well known are Godchild, Sand Chronicles, NANA, and High School Debut. I like a lot of the more popular series too.
TopaAzul062
Favorite Book: Cartouches, Field Guide and Identification Key
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 67
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-topaazul062.html
Latest Review: Basic Training for the Self-Publishing Battlefields by Lewis Kempfer

Post by TopaAzul062 »

Azumanga Daioh! and Alien 9. Not sure if they're well known or not but they're really good. I have read a sneak peek feature of a manga called Moonchild but I can't remember the author's name; he's been around for a long time and has a realistic drawing style that's not stylized.
SunVixen
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 110
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sunvixen.html
Latest Review: Tau Ceti: A Ship from Earth by George T. Hahn

Post by SunVixen »

Slayers and Inuyasha.

Also, I like "A Tale of Two Phoenixes" and "Tales of Exorcism", but both are Chinese manhua, not Japanese manga.
Tamorie Hargro
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Billy Summers
Bookshelf Size: 168
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tamorie-hargro.html
Latest Review: Teardrops by Helen Burger
Reading Device: B083JVJQH4

Post by Tamorie Hargro »

Can't say I have a favorite yet, since I've only just gotten into actually reading them completely through (I'm guilty of starting many, many things at once and never finishing. But I'm also a victim of the sheer lack of manga in school libraries -- they almost NEVER have complete series). However, I'm currently reading a couple now, and I am actually awed by the storytelling qualities present in Shingeki no Kyojin aka Attack on Titan.

Not only are the illustrations amazing, the writing is so dramatic that I can almost feel as if I'm watching the anime (on which I am caught up). I think the panels have a certain timing to it that is very artful. I really like it :)
J.K. Rowling - Albus Dumbledore, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban wrote:Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light. 🔥
Jezebelle84
Favorite Author: Patricia Briggs
Currently Reading: The Complete Grimm's Fairy Tales
Bookshelf Size: 2298
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jezebelle84.html
Latest Review: That Guy What Kill Topsy by Peter Wood Cotterill
fav_author_id: 4314

Post by Jezebelle84 »

One of my favorites, which has been mentioned by a few people already, is Fruits Basket. I also love the anime and have got to get around to watching the new anime adaptation. I also like Berserk, Vampire Knight, Say I Love You, Black Lagoon, Black Bird, Kamisama Kiss and Blade of the Immortal. There are others that I've liked and many that I have on my shelf to read that I haven't finished. Mostly because the series' are not finished.
rubinelli
Currently Reading: Fangirl
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rubinelli.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by rubinelli »

I can't really explain why but I have to say that Beelzebub is my favorite manga. I liked the anime adaptation, but it did not do it justice. The manga, however, really gets to me. One minute I'll be sobbing my eyes out and then the next, I'm busting my gut laughing. It's a wild ride, to be honest.
DD129
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dd129.html
Latest Review: The Message? by Avam Hale

Post by DD129 »

One-Punch Man, Katekyo Hitman Reborn, and Fullmetal Alchemist are my favorites. They balance the action with a good amount of humor. Always made me laugh even in the middle of a serious arc, which made them more enjoyable in my opinion. Their anime adaptations were great as well (except the original FMA one, but let's not talk about that).
Cupecake78
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Cupecake78 »

One of my favorites that was eventually turned into a Japanese Drama is called Good Morning Call! It’s one of the cutest love stories. I love reading stuff like that!

Return to “NEW: Graphic Novels and Comic Books”