Official Review: Matthew's Rockin' World Superstars

Use this sub-forum to discuss comic books and graphic novels.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Elvis Best
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 86
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elvis-best.html
Latest Review: Teething Problems by Mark Fletcher

Official Review: Matthew's Rockin' World Superstars

Post by Elvis Best »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Matthew's Rockin' World Superstars" by Matthew W. Reese.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Matthew's Rockin' World Superstars, written by Matthew W. Reese, is a comic book that narrates the adventures of the main protagonist, M Kool, with his roommate, J Epic. Traveling through portals to other worlds, the two of them encounter several obstacles, including angry villains, beasts, and even godlike creatures.

To overcome the obstacles, they must join forces with their friends, but that may not be enough to secure victory. However, M Kool and J Epic have a secret weapon that will rock everyone’s world. What is this weapon I am talking about? You have to read the book to find out.

All in all, I had a lot of fun reading Matthew's Rockin' World Superstars, as the storyline was entertaining. Indeed, I devoured the book in one sitting and was left wanting more. Featuring time travel, futuristic technology, and superpowers, the book also made for a rather thrilling read. I hope the author creates a book series, as I will definitely love to read more.

Further, I thoroughly enjoyed the humor included in Matthew's Rockin' World Superstars. In my opinion, humor was the best part of the book, as I love to laugh. It also increased the fun factor and made it a quick read. As they say, time flies when you are having fun.

The one thing that I liked most about the book was the sudden twists and turns in the plot. Truly, it is an understatement when I say that it was wildly unpredictable. Furthermore, I believe it is easy to predict a book’s storyline when it presents a hero versus villain scenario; however, Reese did a fantastic job with the storyline and managed to surprise me throughout. Indeed, every single time I thought I had the plot figured out, something unexpected always happened.

Evidently, I cannot review a comic book without commenting on its illustrations, which were superb by the way. Reese, the multitalented author and illustrator, created scenes and characters that narrated the story far beyond the words on the pages. By just looking at the characters' facial expressions and body gestures, I could easily predict what was happening in a scene without reading the words.

Considering the above points, I rate Matthew's Rockin' World Superstars 4 out of 4 stars. I found nothing to dislike about it. Also, I believe it was exceptionally edited, as I found no errors in it. I would recommend it to anyone who enjoys reading comic books. However, I do not think it is suitable for anyone below the age of eighteen, as it contains strong profane words. Lastly, there were some ideas about false gods that I think devout Christians or religious people may not like.

Matthew's Rockin' World Superstars
View: on Bookshelves
"People are like stained-glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in, their true beauty is revealed only if there is a light from within." -Elisabeth Kubler-Ross
Drianie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 94
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-drianie.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed

Post by Drianie »

I am always down for a good laugh, and this seems like the perfect new reading adventure. I love the prospect of not being able to figure out what's going to happen next. Well done to the author for a well deserved perfect rating. I enjoyed reading your thorough review!
Nqobile Mashinini Tshabalala
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Happy Healing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 299
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nqobile-mashinini-tshabalala.html
Latest Review: Anatomy of Revenge by Fred Grace

Post by Nqobile Mashinini Tshabalala »

Captivating and unpredictable plot twist? Sounds like my kind of book. Thanks for the review!
Documented history is a gift from the past to the future! - NqobileM
Raluca_Mihaila
Favorite Book: The Brothers Karamazov
Currently Reading: The Master and Margarita
Bookshelf Size: 175
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-raluca-mihaila.html
Latest Review: Brandy, Ballad of a Pirate Princess by Dan E. Hendrickson

Post by Raluca_Mihaila »

Who doesn't like superstars, especially if they are illustrated in the most appealing fashion? Thank you for your superstar review :)
HannahsReads
Currently Reading: An Imperfect Crime
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hannahsreads.html
Latest Review: Commercial Property Made Easy by Chris Lang

Post by HannahsReads »

This sounds like a really classic comic book! Thanks for your fun review.
Honest-reviewer
Currently Reading: The Lost Symbol
Bookshelf Size: 118
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-honest-reviewer.html
Latest Review: A Walk Through the Grapes by David Jackson

Post by Honest-reviewer »

Long time I haven’t read any comics. Your review made me nostalgic. I wish to read this book someday. Thanks for your wonderful review!
Nedbrian
Currently Reading: Into the Hand of a Woman
Bookshelf Size: 107
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nedbrian.html
Latest Review: Different Family Structures by Mildred Stallworth

Post by Nedbrian »

I love superstar novels especially ones with graphical illustration. I look forward to reading this one as your review did justice to what to expect.
Ivy-g
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6

Post by Ivy-g »

I love stories that are filled with going to the past to the future, trying to change things. I hope you get the ideas on making portals real😂... Thanks for the review.

Return to “NEW: Graphic Novels and Comic Books”