Haikyuu and Other Sports Manga

Use this sub-forum to discuss comic books and graphic novels.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
ms_vinkel
Currently Reading: The Stranger
Bookshelf Size: 83
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ms-vinkel.html
Latest Review: Sandra Eden's War by Michael Low

Haikyuu and Other Sports Manga

Post by ms_vinkel »

Hello! Have you read or are you reading Haikyuu? What do you think of its final arc? :techie-studyingbrown:

If you don't know Haikyuu, then what sports manga have you read? So far, what's your favorite sports manga and why? :D
redman2335
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by redman2335 »

Haikyuu was a very entertaining. The characters were well developed and executed their character well. Hinata's relationship with Kageyama was very iconic and memorable. I love how all of the characters have their own backstory which is shown. This book can teach anybody of any age about Volleyball and its standards.
TasyLaurel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by TasyLaurel »

I've never read Haikyuu but I've watched the anime and just finished the 4th season! Ahhhh, it is such a good series and SO fun! I love the characters and the different teams, its the perfect intensity too. Its not too intense that the show becomes stressful, but there is enough to keep you motivated to watch. Its just great <3 Please don't spoil me for future seasons :)))))
writestuff
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 81
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-writestuff.html
Latest Review: The Secrets To Living A Fantastic Life... by Dr. Allen Lycka & Harriet Tinka

Post by writestuff »

All out was really good. Rugby manga and anime. It had an underdog team claw their way to glory.
Grace Bela
Currently Reading: Jesus Calling
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-grace-bela.html
Latest Review: Moon Luck by Wayne Scott Harral

Post by Grace Bela »

Ms Vinkel wrote: 27 Mar 2020, 09:51 Hello! Have you read or are you reading Haikyuu? What do you think of its final arc? :techie-studyingbrown:

If you don't know Haikyuu, then what sports manga have you read? So far, what's your favorite sports manga and why? :D
I haven't started watching it yet but I plan to start soon. I've never been a fan of sports anime or manga, but all the praise I've heard for Haikyuu has convinced me to give it a try.
ms_vinkel

Post by ms_vinkel »

writestuff wrote: 18 Apr 2020, 04:10 All out was really good. Rugby manga and anime. It had an underdog team claw their way to glory.
Oh Rugby? That's interesting. With Haikyuu ending, I'm looking for other sports manga. What else have you read or watched?
ms_vinkel

Post by ms_vinkel »

redman2335 wrote: 07 Apr 2020, 22:39 Haikyuu was a very entertaining. The characters were well developed and executed their character well. Hinata's relationship with Kageyama was very iconic and memorable. I love how all of the characters have their own backstory which is shown. This book can teach anybody of any age about Volleyball and its standards.
True, true. I also love the dynamic between the other members and the other school teams. It also has a lot of good messages about not giving up and staying strong.
ms_vinkel

Post by ms_vinkel »

TasyLaurel wrote: 17 Apr 2020, 20:25 I've never read Haikyuu but I've watched the anime and just finished the 4th season! Ahhhh, it is such a good series and SO fun! I love the characters and the different teams, its the perfect intensity too. Its not too intense that the show becomes stressful, but there is enough to keep you motivated to watch. Its just great <3 Please don't spoil me for future seasons :)))))
Ah busy life. I couldn't watch the anime. This is Haikyuu To The Top, right? How was it? Great effects? I only know that the OP will be by Burnout Syndrome again.

I'm also wishing there will be more seasons.
ms_vinkel

Post by ms_vinkel »

Grace Bela wrote: 21 May 2020, 09:13
Ms Vinkel wrote: 27 Mar 2020, 09:51 Hello! Have you read or are you reading Haikyuu? What do you think of its final arc? :techie-studyingbrown:

I haven't started watching it yet but I plan to start soon. I've never been a fan of sports anime or manga, but all the praise I've heard for Haikyuu has convinced me to give it a try.
Hey! Did you watch or read it? What do you think?
Loniya Chabili Mubanga
Currently Reading: The sea keepers daughter
Bookshelf Size: 254
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-loniya-chabili-mubanga.html
Latest Review: American Dream? by Jeoung Lee

Post by Loniya Chabili Mubanga »

There's a sports Anime that I can't remember the name of, it's really good and I enjoyed it. The spot played is football, but I guess that doesn't really narrow it down lol.

Return to “NEW: Graphic Novels and Comic Books”