Crew Members

Discuss the April Book of the Month Shot Down by Steve Snyder.
bookowlie
Special Discussion Leader
Favorite Book: The Lost Continent
Currently Reading: The Night She Went Missing
Bookshelf Size: 442
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookowlie.html
Latest Review: To Paint A Murder by E. J. Gandolfo

Re: Crew Members

Post by bookowlie »

I agree that the younger men were probably more fearless. There was a passage in the book that said that the younger men in the war were not as worried about the possiblity of dying. They had an air of invincibility.
"The best way out is always through" - Robert Frost
CrescentMoon
Currently Reading: Superhighway
Bookshelf Size: 87
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-crescentmoon.html
Latest Review: "Letorian Descendants- Casey Blane Series (Book 1)" by Jodi Ann Fahey

Post by CrescentMoon »

My admiration and respect for the crew members kept increasing the more I read. Reading about the events they experienced and the conditions they lived through and their determination and willpower to stay alive and fight another day was so inspirational and admirable. I can never have enough respect for them.
Latest Review: "Letorian Descendants- Casey Blane Series (Book 1)" by Jodi Ann Fahey
micoleon13
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 96
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-micoleon13.html
Latest Review: Sandusky Burning by Bryan W. Conway

Post by micoleon13 »

It's just incredible what so many of these people did during the war, and they seem so young!! A lot of times, it's mainly the pilot and Co pilot who are focused on and the rest of the crew forgotten about, I like how this focused on them all
japp30
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by japp30 »

Amazing, no word to describe this.
Sanju Lali
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Goodbye, Rudy Kazoody
Bookshelf Size: 445
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sanju-lali.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Sanju Lali »

There is always a uncertainty in the war and what ever skills a soldiers has learn't in the years of training may give the soldier advantage. However it may not be all that is sufficient to have an edge over enemy.
life is only knowing the unknown, we can do this by reading books easily- Online book club is a great place for this. This is what I believe.
Abdul-Malik Hassan
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Linnea Tanner
Currently Reading: How to jumpstart your faith in 21 days!
Bookshelf Size: 73
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abdul-malik-hassan.html
Latest Review: “Wisdom Of The Men” by Clint Arthur
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
fav_author_id: 79732

Post by Abdul-Malik Hassan »

It's hard for me to choose. But what I can say is that I find them all compatible. They play different but functional roles. So there's no way I aim to differ.
Emil Cristian Luta
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Emil Cristian Luta »

In "Shot Down," the author highlights several crew members, each with their own unique experiences and personalities. It is up to the reader to decide which crew member's story stands out to them the most.

The book does not make a comparison of the jobs on the B-17 bomber being more challenging than others, but it does provide a glimpse into the responsibilities and dangers faced by each member, including the pilot, co-pilot, navigator, bombardier, and gunners. Each member played a critical role in the safe operation of the aircraft, and their success as a team was essential to their survival.

Overall, the members of the crew are depicted as brave and dedicated individuals who faced significant challenges and overcame them with determination and courage. They demonstrate the importance of teamwork, sacrifice, and perseverance in the face of adversity.

Return to “"Shot Down" by Steve Snyder”