Veterans

Discuss the April Book of the Month Shot Down by Steve Snyder.
Ogbara
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 86

Re: Veterans

Post by Ogbara »

I know a veteran who lost an arm, protecting the lives and freedom of the once he loves.
Jasy95
Favorite Book: To Sleep in a Sea of Stars
Currently Reading: Circe
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jasy95.html
Latest Review: The Data Collectors by Danielle Palli

Post by Jasy95 »

My father was a Cuban refugee who made it to the US as a teenager. As soon as he turned 18, he enlisted in the military because he was so grateful to be in a place where freedom was valued highly. As I was growing up, he was a member of first the Navy, then Marines, and finally the Army, until he got injured and retired. I will always respect that service. It instilled in me a longing to help others as well.
markodim721
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 482
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-markodim721.html
Latest Review: The Solution is Political Revolution by Jillion R Rising

Post by markodim721 »

My grandfather was a WW2 veteran. A brave and humble man. A real role model.
Paluk Pathania
Favorite Book: Pride and Prejudice
Currently Reading: All the Light We Cannot See
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-paluk-pathania.html
Latest Review: Bitcoin Answered by Jon Law

Post by Paluk Pathania »

I have closely known a lot of people who have served in the Indian army and I salute all of them. I can't even imagine what all they went through.
Gandhi_D 1st
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gandhi-d-1st.html
Latest Review: JTs World by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Gandhi_D 1st »

hsimone wrote: 01 Apr 2016, 10:08 I feel it is necessary to take a moment to think about either specific veterans you know of or in general the people that have risked their lives to try to make our world a better place.

Please feel free to share a veteran you know (no names needed: a family member, a friend, or even an acquaintance) or perhaps say a simple thank you for recognizing the difficulty and frightening aspects of war that these brave ones endured.
This is a big thank you to all veterans around the world most especially to my college friends who decided to serve.
Abdul-Malik Hassan
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Linnea Tanner
Currently Reading: How to jumpstart your faith in 21 days!
Bookshelf Size: 73
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abdul-malik-hassan.html
Latest Review: “Wisdom Of The Men” by Clint Arthur
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
fav_author_id: 79732

Post by Abdul-Malik Hassan »

Veterans will always play a significant role in the aftermath of war. Each with their own experience and a story to tell. While I may not be familiar with anyone of them, I'm truly proud for the service they offered for their country. It is through people like them that we learn the value of integrity.
Emil Cristian Luta
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Emil Cristian Luta »

I do not have personal experiences or connections to specific individuals. However, I acknowledge and honor the sacrifices and bravery of all veterans who have served their countries in times of war and conflict. Their selflessness and commitment to protecting their communities and fighting for a better world are truly commendable. I extend my gratitude and thanks to all veterans for their service and for the sacrifices they and their families have made.
ILMAN UD DIN
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by ILMAN UD DIN »

"Veterans" is a novel that tells the story of a group of Vietnam veterans who reunite after several years. The book explores their experiences in the war, their struggles with PTSD, and their efforts to adjust to civilian life. It also delves into their personal lives and relationships with each other.

Overall, "Veterans" is a work of fiction that deals with themes of trauma, healing, and the bonds of friendship. It has received positive reviews for its portrayal of veterans and their struggles.

Return to “"Shot Down" by Steve Snyder”