For November 2015, we will be reading a Historical Fiction novel.
- Posts: 1475
- Joined: 02 Apr 2016, 09:52
- 2017 Reading Goal: 300
- 2017 Reading Goal Completion: 32
- Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 4468">Scam Prevention</a>
- Currently Reading: A Roadmap To Career Success
- Bookshelf Size: 508
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vermont-reviews.html
- Latest Review: "Book Blueprint" by Jacqui Pretty
- Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG
susan1 wrote:I loved The Boy in the Striped Pajamas. After reading the book, I used this an introduction to World War II and The Holocaust. My students were so full of questions. We read the book together which lead to more questions. Then we watched the movie.
As for a Civil War book, Glory or the Blue and Gray series. Glory is a story of an African American Regiment that fought for the Union during the Civil War. Blue and Gray series tell the story of families split by political belief.
Yes I liked this one as well.
Latest Review: "Book Blueprint" by Jacqui Pretty
- Posts: 9
- Joined: 12 May 2016, 22:34
- Bookshelf Size: 24
I have to say my favorite historical fiction work has to be Little Women. I must have read that book a thousand times. I also enjoyed Les Miserables once someone let me read an English translation.
- Posts: 45
- Joined: 29 Sep 2018, 16:00
- 2019 Reading Goal: 50
- 2019 Reading Goal Completion: 38
- Favorite Book: The Boys in the Boat
- Currently Reading:
- Bookshelf Size: 146
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-steigerd.html
- Latest Review: Days of the Giants by RJ Petrella
Sarah's Key by Tatiana de Rosnay about a family arrested by French police for being Jewish before WW2 during the German occupation of France.
The Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver a story of a missionary family in Belgian Congo in 1959.
The Underground Railroad by Colson Whitehead a story of an escaped slave from Georgia.
The Boys in the Boat: Nine Americans and Their Epic Quest for Gold at the 1936 Berlin Olympics by Daniel James Brown is a story placed during the Depression.