New Writer

Before posting in this marketing forum, please try to read 10 Step Plan to Promote Your Book: Online Book Marketing on Any Budget. This forum is mainly for followup questions and discussion after reading that book. This forum does indeed allow for much broader discussion of marketing and promotion than just that book, but it's good for everyone to be on the same page about the basics.

Please note, this forum is not for self-promotional plugs. It's for discussing how to promote your book or other writing.
L_Nance
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-l-nance.html

New Writer

Post by L_Nance »

I've always had a passion for poetry. Any published poets/writers who have advice for starters like myself?
MJ Chantel
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mj-chantel.html

Post by MJ Chantel »

Poetry is a wonderful place to start as a writer. Look for magazines and websites who are requesting poetry. Pay attention to the copyright, so that you can keep your copyright for the poems and create your own book of poems.
karolinka
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-karolinka.html
Latest Review: "Loose Threads" by J. O. Quantaman
Reading Device: 1400698987

Post by karolinka »

Try Glimmer Train's submission guidelines- they are reputable and they publish quality poetry.
"How to be a writer. Step one: Write."
- A. Beauchamp.
Latest Review: "Loose Threads" by J. O. Quantaman
Lincoln
Favorite Author: Stephen King
Currently Reading: The Very Loving Caterpillar
Bookshelf Size: 48
Publishing Contest Votes: 9
fav_author_id: 2376

Post by Lincoln »

MJ Chantel wrote:Poetry is a wonderful place to start as a writer. Look for magazines and websites who are requesting poetry. Pay attention to the copyright, so that you can keep your copyright for the poems and create your own book of poems.
Yeah, just don't be afraid to submit, and don't worry when the answer is 'no.' Write for yourself, and things will eventually work out.
Lincoln's book, Raven's Peak is the OnlineBookClub.org April 2017 Book of the Month.

View Raven's Peak on Lincoln's website.

View Raven's Peak on Bookshelves
surajvines

Post by surajvines »

Fiction story writing is the best thing for a writer to write As I am a fiction lover so I would love to write science fiction stories.
Eric John
Reading Device: B00GDQDRPK

Post by Eric John »

Do you want to write better poems? Why not try a different technique to become a better poet? Stop trying to write better poems.
Because most good poetry comes from a place deep in the subconscious, judging your poems as you’re writing them can be problematic. If you’re worried that your poetry isn’t strong, that your metaphors are wobbly, that no one will be interested in your subject matter, then you’re clipping your poem’s wings at the same time that you’re asking it to take flight.
Maria joraimah
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 92854">The Zodiac Killer</a>
Currently Reading: Unbroken
Bookshelf Size: 28

Post by Maria joraimah »

Writing is my passion too. It has become my shoulder to lean on mostly in my day to day confrontations with the havoc of life. It kind of became my soulmate. I still have a lot to learn when it comes to writing poetry or articles because I only know the basic and simple ways. But I am willing to learn more. In here, I can already get lots of tips. Thanks to you guys! And the best of luck to us, aspiring writers. For the writers themselves, my admiration goes to you. Do keep inspiring us. :)
" HAPPINESS is finding PEACE within yourself! " :D
DDunstock
Currently Reading: Casimir Bridge
Bookshelf Size: 281
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ddunstock.html
Latest Review: "Puffy and the Formidable Foe" by Marie Lepkowski and Ann Marie Hannon
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by DDunstock »

My advice: don't quit. Self-confidence is important because the writing process is so frustrating and tedious, eventually you talk yourself out of the whole thing. But, don't quit.
Latest Review: "Puffy and the Formidable Foe" by Marie Lepkowski and Ann Marie Hannon
Julez
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julez.html
Latest Review: Last Dance by Stephen Manning

Post by Julez »

DDunstock wrote:My advice: don't quit. Self-confidence is important because the writing process is so frustrating and tedious, eventually you talk yourself out of the whole thing. But, don't quit.
:D :D
Jill Fletcher

Post by Jill Fletcher »

I'm a new writer/author. It's a learning experience to say the least. Just keep writing :)
violet-trey19
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37

Post by violet-trey19 »

New writer needs guideline especially for the publication of their work.
Leesajohnson

Post by Leesajohnson »

If you are a new writer then you have to do a lot of activities for finding writing work from clients. Some of the activities such as develop a web site and start ad posting on classified sites. It will help you in achieving quality work from different industries.
BookHausJ
Currently Reading: Health Tips Myth and Tricks
Bookshelf Size: 667
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookhausj.html
Latest Review: "Who Told You That You Were Naked?" by William Combs

Post by BookHausJ »

A New Writer? For me? Personal Story sells a lot. Nowadays, many are longing for mentors. Someone who can be trusted to teach them to transform lives. This is just a personal opinion since I'm a Non-fiction reader.
Latest Review: "Who Told You That You Were Naked?" by William Combs
Jmteachmom
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jmteachmom.html
Latest Review: One Way or Another by Mary J. Williams

Post by Jmteachmom »

I started writing in October of last year. I began with content articles and other small jobs. It has been a process and I am still learning. My advice is to not be afraid to try something new. Have confidence in yourself and don't give up when it seems hopeless.
palilogy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-palilogy.html
Latest Review: Mistress Suffragette by Diana Forbes

Post by palilogy »

Write for you - not a agent or publisher. It's unfortunate - but unless you know someone odds of getting in print are insane.
Love the self publishing route and follow your passions =)

Return to “Marketing and Promotion for Writers”