Authors: Have you sold 100 book yet?

Before posting in this marketing forum, please try to read 10 Step Plan to Promote Your Book: Online Book Marketing on Any Budget. This forum is mainly for followup questions and discussion after reading that book. This forum does indeed allow for much broader discussion of marketing and promotion than just that book, but it's good for everyone to be on the same page about the basics.

Please note, this forum is not for self-promotional plugs. It's for discussing how to promote your book or other writing.

Have you sold 100 books yet?

Yes!
47%
No, but I haven't completed the 10 Step Plan yet.
52%
No, and I read the plan and completed all the steps. (Please contact Scott!)
1%

Total votes: 79

Lentayets1
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Authors: Have you sold 100 book yet?

Post by Lentayets1 »

no i sold sixty books

-- 16 Aug 2016, 17:15 --

no
Scott
Site Admin
Favorite Author: Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Currently Reading: The Unbound Soul
Bookshelf Size: 340
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-scott.html
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 960
fav_author_id: 248825

Post by Scott »

Lentayets1 wrote:no i sold sixty books

-- 16 Aug 2016, 17:15 --

no
@Lentayets1 I know you already told me that you have not read and completed the 10 Step Plan. That is important to note since you say you sold only sixty books, I have claimed that anyone who follows the plan will sell at least 100 books.

With that said, don't be discouraged by the 60 number. That is still more than most authors, and you haven't even done the 10 step done. I do recommend you read and follow the 10 Step Plan.
"That virtue we appreciate is as much ours as another's. We see so much only as we possess." - Henry David Thoreau

"Non ignara mali miseris succurrere disco." Virgil, The Aeneid
Vermont Reviews
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 4468">Scam Prevention</a>
Currently Reading: A Roadmap To Career Success
Bookshelf Size: 507
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vermont-reviews.html
Latest Review: "Book Blueprint" by Jacqui Pretty
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Vermont Reviews »

Scott,

I just downloaded your book today. I will come back and take the poll after reading your book and making some notes. You have been very supportive in helping each of us to grow in our book career. Thanks once again for a great website.

Vermont Reviews
WLBlbo

Post by WLBlbo »

Yes. A friend needed Christmas presents, so she gave my Christmas book. Plus,some others were desperate. :lol:
CCMeeker

Post by CCMeeker »

-Yes-
DanArnold1

Post by DanArnold1 »

I write both fiction and non-fiction. On Amazon, I average about eight sales per day + about ten complete reads on KU. There are additional sales on other platforms. My short term goal is to triple those numbers
mccarterauthor

Post by mccarterauthor »

Yes, I have sold more than 100 books.
RPETRACEK

Post by RPETRACEK »

Yes I have sold over 100 books. Yet they are dribble sales. It is hard to keep the momentum. Have all the social platforms covered. Websites. Do promos. The covers are fantastic. My stories are top notch. So I am going to lurk here for a couple days and see if I can pick up any new ideas.

Normally "Closed Groups" I have been in are for the owner and a few admins to turn a buck for themselves. Hope this is different.

Cheers and glad to meet you all.
Vermont Reviews
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 4468">Scam Prevention</a>
Currently Reading: A Roadmap To Career Success
Bookshelf Size: 507
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vermont-reviews.html
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Vermont Reviews »

I am getting there Scott. I have read your book.

I believe that I should reach this goal soon.
Vermont Reviews
fritzfreud

Post by fritzfreud »

Yes I have.
DeShaun Johnson

Post by DeShaun Johnson »

Not too long ago I purchased Scott's book and it has been an eye opener on a process to put numbers on the board.

And after seeing numerous responses, it's time for me to focus on book 3!

However, is there a forum post on best marketing strategies? How do you find your target market? What sites do you go to?

I recently became active on Twitter, posting screenshots of my book here and there while engaging with people. But man it's a slooooow process.

Cheers Scott!

P.S. I had a screen shot of your book from my Kindle App to show support and use, but how do you add an image to a forum post or response?
William Alan Webb

Post by William Alan Webb »

Yes. We are about to pass 5000 copies sold in all formats, but I have no idea if that's good, bad or indifferent.
smcpherson60

Post by smcpherson60 »

Yes, of my three novels I am over 1000
MoisBenarroch

Post by MoisBenarroch »

I have sold thousands of books, my tip is that is you have published 10 books and only one is selling then stick to that one and promote it as much as you can, don´t force other books into the equation until the readers are ready.
Lincoln
Favorite Author: Stephen King
Currently Reading: The Very Loving Caterpillar
Bookshelf Size: 48
Publishing Contest Votes: 9
fav_author_id: 2376

Post by Lincoln »

MoisBenarroch wrote:I have sold thousands of books, my tip is that is you have published 10 books and only one is selling then stick to that one and promote it as much as you can, don´t force other books into the equation until the readers are ready.
I agree completely with this. I have tried forcing other books, and it doesn't work. Just write something else. I've sold over 10k copies, most of one title, and I just let the others do their own thing now.
Lincoln's book, Raven's Peak is the OnlineBookClub.org April 2017 Book of the Month.

View Raven's Peak on Lincoln's website.

View Raven's Peak on Bookshelves

Return to “Marketing and Promotion for Writers”