Please note, this forum is not for self-promotional plugs. It's for discussing how to promote your book or other writing.
- Posts: 1
- Joined: 15 Sep 2019, 00:57
- Bookshelf Size: 0
I mean I say this because a lot of the kids these days is heavily into Youtube. The video game market has exploded in the last century, Some just want to see it adapted into film without ever reading it. Here I'm wondering are kids even reading books nowadays like that. I'm not talking about the childrens picture book. I'm talking about the Harry Potter readers amongst our youth.
A part of me feels like there's just far too many instant gratification mediums for children to enjoy before they get to books, which would dilute the pond of potential readers. I'm probably just lamenting a possible audience here, but what does everyone think? Am I just worrying about this too much? Is the niche market of young readers still there just as they've always been? Have they decreased/Increased for any reason?
I'm interested to see what everybody thinks about this.
- Amanda Deck
- Previous Member of the Month
- Posts: 510
- Joined: 02 Jun 2018, 21:00
- Currently Reading: A Sight For Psychic Eyes
- Bookshelf Size: 108
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amanda-deck.html
- Latest Review: Wuss the Giant Sea Monster by G. G. Royal
My granddaughter that reads definitely prefers books over e-books.
- Posts: 142
- Joined: 20 Dec 2019, 12:26
- Currently Reading:
- Bookshelf Size: 12
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sevencrows.html
- Latest Review: Daisy's Run by Scott Baron