I must have laughed and cried a thousand times... -- Message from Gary Robinson

This forum features articles, guest posts and advice columns written by authors.

Hosted by October Member of the Month, bookowlie.

Moderators: bookowlie, Special Discussion Leaders

Nnabest
Currently Reading: My Trip to Adele
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: I must have laughed and cried a thousand times... -- Message from Gary Robinson

Post by Nnabest »

i just love this book, just went through it now and am convinced that the writer MrRobinson knows all it takes to compose a social writeup, look at the tittle, simply the best i have gone through this month
Ivanka27

Post by Ivanka27 »

Thanks so much for the insights. Now I’m looking forward to reading the book.
Ian kips

Post by Ian kips »

It is so touching how you used your own experience to address some issues in the society. Haven't read the book but looking forward to reading it.
Thanks for the letter.
Winnie m

Post by Winnie m »

Wow. Am already in love with the book. Seems to be so inspiring. I would love to read all of it
Chris Benjamin

Post by Chris Benjamin »

Very, very interesting. I got this for the first time of my singing up in this platform and am really happy after reding the book.
Jackson Roby
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 8

Post by Jackson Roby »

Thanks for pouring your heart and soul and sharing your life experiences I think your a true artist because literature is the reflects the social realities and that's what you are doing. Looking forward to your next work.
And I really think you books could help people improve their characters and make more responsible choices in life.
slberry1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-slberry1.html
Latest Review: And Then I Met Margaret by Rob White

Post by slberry1 »

Thank you for writing this letter. Knowing something about an author and what inspires them to write, can give their readers a better understanding about their work. I'm looking forward to reading this book.
ArapLeting
Bookshelf Size: 8

Post by ArapLeting »

Hello Gary,
Your story seems more interesting!you must be a born storyteller.your story looks amazing ;It in a way seem to if not "laugh" at how humans "magnify" their day-to-day problems but until they encounter the "other" with issues a notch higher.However,The point in which you seem to get an aha! moment is another of what I would like to see -together with the reconciliation part . otherwise, I'll be waiting to thumb through your novel asap.
Regards
Leting
kanema + martin
Currently Reading: Superhighway
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by kanema + martin »

Sword swallower, quite inspiring, that's just life at it's present time.
Thessy246z
Currently Reading:

Post by Thessy246z »

Hi Gary,
Thanks for the enlightenment on sword swallower. Now I just can't wait to read the book and experience the emotions the book was written with.

Thank you
daniya__shah3
Currently Reading: Wuthering Heights
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-daniya-shah3.html
Latest Review: Lonely Expiation by Siegfried Finser

Post by daniya__shah3 »

This seems interesting enough. I feel absolutely amazed by your journey. Would love to read this!
Gary Robinson

Post by Gary Robinson »

To all of you at OnlineBookClub: Thank you very much for the kind words. I discovered this blog late last night and I just finished reading every message. I must have kissed a thousand profiles. Tears of joy are the best tears. Your words of encouragement have truly touched my soul. Now that I know that this blog exists, I will return regularly to read and discuss your views regarding my letter or my book or any other question you may have for me. Thank you again. Wow, I am deeply touched.

Gary Robinson
Heather En
Currently Reading: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-heather-en.html
Latest Review: Marrying a Playboy Billionaire by H M Irwing

Post by Heather En »

Hi Gary,

Yours is am interesting letter, thank you for the insight on the novel, for the courage to share your experiences and the strength to turn a new leaf when you met your friend Duke Reynolds. I'll definitely search for a copy of your book. And of course best of luck as you write your next book.
Daniella10

Post by Daniella10 »

Thank you so much for this message, just by reading the letter makes me more interested in reading the book. I love the title too. Thumbs up!
lizzyobitz
Currently Reading: The Unbound Soul
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lizzyobitz.html
Latest Review: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid by Gary Robinson

Post by lizzyobitz »

Hi Mr. Robinson,

Thanks for your letter, it gave me a clear picture and summary of what the book is all about.
The title is so captivating that it makes you want to read to the end. It is a life of sorrow and joy, a sad experience on growing up. the trauma alone is enough to make you cry all day and night.

I salute your courage in sharing your life's story, it's a lesson for all not to give up on life no matter the situation, experience or circumstances, because hence there is life, there is hope.

I also share in your humor, laughter and joy, I can imagine how you feel while writing. Thanks for the healing and redemption of your soul, the inspiration and your achievement so far in your career and in raising a family. I am happy you came back to life to understand the meaning and joy of living a new man. I will definitely read this book. Congratulations!

Lizzyobitz

Return to “Author Articles”