Official Interview: Dr. Dorothy McCoy

This forum features interviews with authors.

Hosted by kandscreeley.

Moderator: Special Discussion Leaders

kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: Believarexic
Bookshelf Size: 486
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Official Interview: Dr. Dorothy McCoy

Post by kandscreeley »

Today's Chat with Sarah features Dr. Dorothy McCoy author of The Owl Mountain Doomsday Solution (Mysterious Secret Guardians).

Purchase on Amazon

On bookshelves

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************
1. When did you decide to be an author and how did you go about getting published?

My professors in graduate school encouraged me to write so I did. I found an agent through a writer's group and she took care of publishing. Every writer needs an agent.

2. What's your writing process? Do you outline? Does the story just flow naturally?

I found I cannot outline the chapters. That doesn't fit my personality type. Dean Koontz advised me to fully create my characters and let them do the heavy lifting. Works for me.

3. Let's discuss your book The Owl Mountain Doomsday Solution which is book two of the Mysterious Secret Guardians series. How would you describe this book?

The Secret Guardians completed their deadly mission in the London Underground. Now, they must rush to save the planet from total devastation. To do this, Sir Winston Churchill, Dr. Albert Einstein, hunky former MI5 agent, David Smythe, Dr. Raven “Bones” Wyndot, and Sophie the ghost Great Dane must crush formidable human and demonic adversaries.

They dash from their HQ at the classy London Savoy and jet to Owl Mountain in Poland. The herculean task begins! Below the centuries-old Ksiaz Castle, in the blood-tainted bowels of the earth, hideous entities await. The Guardians must defeat the monsters and destroy the fabled Nazi Doomsday Machine. Time is a crumbling ledge beneath their feet. Soon, the earth may be reduced to smoldering rubble.

4. Which character was your favorite? Which was your least favorite?

My favorite character is my idol, Sir Winston Leonard Spenser Churchill. My least favorite is Dr. Mengele, the WWII Angel of Death.

5. Dr. Mengele was described as a psychopath. How did you get inside the mind of a psychopath to make him so realistic?

I am a psychotherapist and I speak at conferences on psychopaths and narcissists. So, Dr. Mengele was easy to write.

6. The reviewer discusses the historical details woven into the novel. How did you balance the history with the plot?

Balancing the history with the plot was easy since I am a fanatic about Churchill and WWII. Most of my characters belong to that time.

7. What's your favorite line from the book?

Gosh that is a hard question. I suppose it is: "It wounds me to think of the Demon who wast me. I would die, if I could, to save thee now." This is Abigor speaking to Bones.

8. This is the start of a series. Can you give us a preview of the next book?

The next book is the last book (maybe) in the series and it is so exciting. Many thrilling situations with powerful characters come crashing together at the end. The last chapter in the book is so moving I cried every time I worked on it. Don't miss The Final Chapter — book 3 — which will be out in a few months. You will be stunned by one of the new characters.

I like to end with fun questions.

9. What do you do when you aren't writing?

I am a full-time Psychotherapist in private practice, so free time is a distant illusion. I have a demanding Great Dane (Winston) and a vicious cat (Albert) also.

10. Which author, living or dead, would you most want to share a meal with?

Definitely Churchill. Most people do not realize he was a prolific writer. Writing supported his family.

11. Do you believe in writer's block?

No, I do not believe in writer's block. That is like waiting for the ever-elusive motivation which does not jump on us from the top of a cabinet. You just do it.

12. Do you prefer cats or dogs?

I am probably a dog person, but I love cats too. Dogs love us too much. Cats keep us humble.
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
Annette Boateng
Favorite Book: The Diary Of An Immortal (1945-1959)
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 331

Post by Annette Boateng »

I understand Dr. Dorothy well it is not everything one must reveal reason Dr was being careful with choice of words in this interview. That is okay to be not straight forward in person.
Chinmoyeeee__
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Chinmoyeeee__ »

:lol2: :no-spoil:
muhammadfaisalazeemkhosa111
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6

Post by muhammadfaisalazeemkhosa111 »

One of the most renowned psychologists of our time delivers an insightful and engrossing investigation of her mind and career in "Official Interview: Dr. Dorothy McCoy." This book, written by an unidentified interviewer, is a thorough compilation of interviews with Dr. Dorothy McCoy. It offers readers invaluable insights into her ground-breaking work and distinctive viewpoints on a variety of psychological topics.

The novel establishes a tone of interest and expectation right away, luring readers into the world of Dr. McCoy and her abundance of knowledge. The interviews' format is well-organized, enabling a seamless and logical flow of ideas. The thoughtful and skillfully constructed questions invite Dr. McCoy to delve deeply into her experiences, views, and beliefs.
Tarika Smith
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5

Post by Tarika Smith »

i loved the book had alot of inspirational quotes an alot of tips to a better life an future
Islem_19

Post by Islem_19 »

This book is exactly what every reader should looking for. If he want to know more about the world of Dr McCoy. He should read deeply her book to understand the amazing inspirational experience she did. Well moving to the interview isn't bad he probably explained what Dr feels and believe. I'm totally agree with the satisfied questions here.
Lemur Pjeko

Post by Lemur Pjeko »

Rating: 5/5

I had the privilege of engaging in an official interview with the esteemed Dr. Dorothy McCoy, and it was an extraordinary experience that exceeded all expectations. Dr. McCoy's profound knowledge, unwavering passion, and compassionate nature showcased her as a remarkable expert in the field of psychology and a beacon of inspiration for personal growth.

From the very beginning of our conversation, it was evident that Dr. McCoy possesses a rare gift for connecting with others. Her warmth and genuine interest in understanding the human experience created an environment of trust and mutual respect. It was as though she could effortlessly delve into the depths of the human psyche, unraveling the complexities of our emotions and behaviors with profound insight.

Dr. McCoy's depth of expertise was awe-inspiring. Her extensive knowledge in various branches of psychology, including cognitive psychology, positive psychology, and psychotherapy, was evident in her eloquent articulation of complex theories and concepts. What truly set her apart was her ability to translate these concepts into practical wisdom that could be applied to everyday life. Through relatable anecdotes and real-world examples, she provided invaluable guidance, empowering her audience to embark on a journey of self-discovery and personal transformation.

What resonated deeply with me was Dr. McCoy's unwavering commitment to empowering individuals. Her genuine desire to make a difference in the lives of others was palpable. She encouraged self-reflection and self-compassion, fostering an environment where personal growth and healing were not only possible but inevitable. Her words carried the power to inspire and ignite change, instilling a renewed sense of hope and resilience within those who had the privilege of listening to her.

Beyond her professional accomplishments, Dr. McCoy's humility and authenticity were refreshing. Despite her impressive accolades and recognition, she remained approachable and grounded. She acknowledged her own imperfections and challenges, creating an atmosphere of shared humanity. Her vulnerability and transparency further strengthened the connection with her audience, as we could relate to her struggles and triumphs on a personal level.

In conclusion, my official interview with Dr. Dorothy McCoy was an enlightening and transformative experience. Her expertise, passion, and genuine compassion left an indelible mark on me. Dr. McCoy's ability to inspire personal growth and her unwavering dedication to helping others make her an exceptional role model and a true catalyst for positive change. I am grateful for the opportunity to have engaged with such a remarkable individual and look forward to the continued impact she will undoubtedly have on countless lives.
Bishnupriya
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Bishnupriya »

The book is exactly what a reader want for..It's really a extraordinary book.. I recommend the book to be read once.. Amazing thoughts about the world..
FictionRome
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fictionrome.html
Latest Review: Grand Slam Life by Milton Haber, M.D.

Post by FictionRome »

This interview makes me want to read the works of Dr. Dorothy McCoy.
Nicholas Bush
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 177
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nicholas-bush.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Nicholas Bush »

Nice interview. I can't wait to lay my hands on this awesome book. I love how well this platform operates. It's actually more like a family.
Musaa A

Post by Musaa A »

A great Post but can you provide me the information about HDO Box :P :P :P
Joseph Kamau 26
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Joseph Kamau 26 »

Incredible one, it's really captivating!
tigerzone

Post by tigerzone »

thanks info...

Return to “Author Interviews”