Official Interview: Linda Heavner Gerald

This forum features interviews with authors.

Hosted by kandscreeley.

Moderator: Special Discussion Leaders

kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: Believarexic
Bookshelf Size: 486
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Official Interview: Linda Heavner Gerald

Post by kandscreeley »

Today's Chat with Sarah features Linda Heavner Gerald author of Perfect among many other books.

To view the fist official review, click here.

To view the second official review, click here.

To view the book on Amazon, click here.

******************************************************************************************************************************************************************
1. Tell us about your "aha" moment, the moment you know you had to write a story.

Seven years ago, I wrote my first book, Betrayed in Beaufort. It was a vision that I experienced each night. Finally, I got on my knees and prayed. The next morning, I sat behind my computer and began to write. What happened was amazing. I discovered that I was writing a book, me? Move forward, and I have published eighteen novels in the past seven years. Writing is my passion because I know it is a gift from God. I say, "God inspires them, and I write them."

2. Who's been the biggest positive influence in your life and how?

My husband because he allows me to be myself. I went through a period where all I did was paint. I was afraid that I might lose my ability. Then, I frantically wrote because I feared losing the thought. Now? I'm more relaxed. Thank God for a husband who understands and supports my obsessions.

3. Do you have any interesting writing quirks?

Before I write, I pray to ask God to inspire and bless my work. My goal is to show that we are all flawed. No one is perfect. It's just that some of us make bigger messes for Him to clean. He's always there, waiting for us, redemption is a wonderful thing. My words are not "in your face." They are subtle.

4. Let's discuss your book Perfect. It's about three teenagers and the consequences of their actions. How did you come up with the idea for the story?

If you've read the book, you would say, "How could God inspire such a book?" It's filled with compromises, but God works in strange ways. If this book touches just one life, I'll be so happy.

5. How much research did you have to do before beginning the book?

On this one, not so much, but I'm not Jewish, so it was a bit of a challenge.

6. With such young protagonists, is this book meant for a younger audience?

I would say that the book could be read by twelve and up. The scenes are not overly descriptive. It is a beautiful story.

7. Which part of the book was the most fun for you to write?

The ending because it’s so powerful.

8. Are any of the characters based on real people?

Yes.

9. Are you working on anything new you'd like to share?

Currently, I'm working on a book, Castles in the Snow. It is based on the life of a dear friend, Paul Lister, and his 23,000-acre European Trust and Nature Reserve in Scotland. This one required some substantial research since I'm not Scottish. The difficulty came when I decided to transition from the present to the past and back. I found that very demanding. This story is of a young woman who awakens to find she is shackled to her bed. The window is opened, and ice pellets hit her face while a fire roars in the old fireplace. Caroline Emma Corbett realizes that she is restrained in her bed inside the beautiful Alladale without a memory.

I like to end on some fun questions.

10. What was your favorite book as a child?

Tom Sawyer

11. What's your favorite part of each day?

Early mornings when the world is fresh, and the sun is rising. I love it!

12. Would you rather always be an hour early or always twenty minutes late?

Oh, please, if you knew me. You would know. I'm obsessive. Always early, it's a joke with my friends.

13. City or country?

My husband and I lived in the islands for a long time. I'm not a big city girl. Give me nature anytime.
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
Linda Heavner Gerald
Favorite Author: Linda Heavner Gerald
Currently Reading: VieVie La Fontaine
Bookshelf Size: 8
fav_author_id: 112246

Post by Linda Heavner Gerald »

I enjoyed this interview so much. Thank you all for this opportunity.
beatrice_mom
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by beatrice_mom »

Thank you for writting this nice review. It's really cool, I've enjoyed reading it. It's not boring or too long that is really great for review. You are a good writer. I like your post.
Lilyflower-x2
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lilyflower-x2.html
Latest Review: Happy Healing by Dominique Bourlet

Post by Lilyflower-x2 »

Thank you for the review. My favorite part was when the author said that we are all flawed, and nobody is perfect.
“A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies . . . The man who never reads lives only one.” – George R.R. Martin

Return to “Author Interviews”