Official Interview: Chris Birdy

This forum features interviews with authors.

Hosted by kandscreeley.

Moderator: Special Discussion Leaders

kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: Believarexic
Bookshelf Size: 486
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Official Interview: Chris Birdy

Post by kandscreeley »

Today's Chat with Sarah features Chris Birdy author of The Girl in White Pajamas, The Girl in Black Pajamas, and The Girl in Red Pajamas.

To view the author's page on the bookshelves, click here.

To view the official review of The Girl in White Pajamas, click here.

1. How did you discover that you enjoy writing?

When I was in grammar school and forced to write a 500-word essay, I realized I enjoyed writing it.

2. What's the best piece of advice you were given?

The best literary advice I was ever given was: write what you know.

3. Let's discuss your book, The Girl in White Pajamas. It's a mystery with Bogie McGruder who is the owner of a protection agency. Can you tell us where the title comes into play or is that a mystery as well?

The title for The Girl in White Pajamas refers to the small child, Isabella. She is given a little white karate outfit and believes that makes her a warrior. The focus of the story is on the child – she’s the reason for the story.

4. The reviewer states that the characters are realistic and life-like. Were they based on real people? If not, how did you make them so real?

The characters are based on people who live in my head. Pieces of them may resemble people we know but for the most part they’re all part of my over-active imagination.

5. You have also written other books. The Girl in Red Pajamas and The Girl in Black Pajamas. Are they all centered on Bogie?

The Girl in Black Pajamas and The Girl in Red Pajamas are the second and third books in the trilogy. The basic characters are the same.

6. Which of the books was your favorite?

I enjoyed them all. The Girl in White Pajamas was the most painful to write because it had many stops and starts. I was proud of the finished product and decided to continue the story after that.

7. What's next for you?

I’m revising a fourth book which centers on Bogie and his growing family.

8. House or condo?

I have both and enjoy them for different reasons.

9. Coffee or tea?

I’m a tea drinker.

10. What's your favorite holiday and why?

My favorite holiday is Thanksgiving. Friends and family gather around without the pressure of passing out presents.

11. What's your favorite book to read?

My favorite all time book is “Angela’s Ashes.” Those were my people suffering and making a joke of it.
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
Manang Muyang
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures
Bookshelf Size: 685
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-manang-muyang.html
Latest Review: Your Great Name by Shawn Funk
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Manang Muyang »

So she is Irish! I also read Angela's Ashes and laughed and cried with Frank McCourt. There are critics who say the story is embellished and inaccurate, though.

I'm intrigued about these colorful pajamas that Isabella dons throughout the series.

Return to “Author Interviews”