Official Interview: Val D. Greenwood, author of the August 2019 Book of the Month

This forum features interviews with authors.

Hosted by kandscreeley.

Moderator: Special Discussion Leaders

valgreeny
Favorite Author: Val D. Greenwood
Favorite Book: I will make of thee a great nation
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6
fav_author_id: 123607

Re: Official Interview: Val D. Greenwood, author of the August 2019 Book of the Month

Post by valgreeny »

Clorinda Donovan wrote: 05 Aug 2019, 03:43
aacodreanu wrote: 27 Jul 2019, 04:57 It seems to me one needs to be very certain about his capacity of reading and understanding, especially the Holy Books, to set upon such a journey. I understand the practical purpose of the author and I hope it has been and will be useful to many. Those who do read the book will need to understand that what they are reading has passed through the filter of another person's mind.
I hope I will be able to have a look at it, for the moment it is not on Kindle.
Yes, I completely agree with you, in that anyone who read this book should remember that it us written from somebody else's perspective.
The book is available on Amazon Kindle. Last Thursday, it was available for $1.00. It is now available for $8.00. Because of the user aids that the book has to enhance its use, I always recommend the paperback version--but the choice is yours to make--not mine. I appreciate your insightful observations.

Blessings,

Val :techie-studyinggray:
valgreeny
Currently Reading:

Post by valgreeny »

shell4659 wrote: 04 Aug 2019, 14:06 This book has drawn my attention because it is religious based and I am a very religious person. Additionally, I think The Old Testament of the Bible needs to be re-interated to the people of God. I can't wait to read it.
Thanks. I hope that it meets your expectations. Please let me know.
Blessings,
Val :techie-studyinggray: :techie-studyinggray:
valgreeny
Currently Reading:

Post by valgreeny »

Iliesa wrote: 04 Aug 2019, 22:06 Wonderful testimony of a child of god, truly inspiring reading and understanding her calling in life, for the word of God said and “for I know the plans I have for you, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give u hope and a future”
Thank you, Iliesa. When you have finished reading the book, please let me know how well it met your expectations.

Blessings,
valgreeny
Currently Reading:

Post by valgreeny »

shravsi wrote: 05 Aug 2019, 00:17 I always had curiosity in the Bible but was afraid of the Old Testament. This seems like a good book for a newbie like me.
Thanks for your observations. Please let me know how well my book meets your expectations.
Blessings,
Marilynviv42256
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Marilynviv42256 »

This was a very good wish to red it again.
oluchiokere84
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oluchiokere84.html
Latest Review: A Portrait of Mommy by JL Coston

Post by oluchiokere84 »

I usually face the same challenges mentioned by the author when reading the old testament. Hence,I prefer to read the new testament. I am glad that he has come to my rescue with his book.
Wilson0323
Favorite Book: The Book Thief
Currently Reading: The Cabin
Bookshelf Size: 29

Post by Wilson0323 »

Growing up in the Bible Belt in the Deep South I was exposed to the Bible at a very young age. Back roughly 45 years ago children and adults would go to Sunday school before the regular church service and learn about the people and stories from the Old and New Testament. I feel that over time much of this teaching including week long Vacation Bible Schools has vanished and many of the heroes and individuals of the Bible are not being learned thoroughly. I believe a book such as this with a modern twist that delves into the details of each Old Testament person will bring them to life in a relevant way for this generation
valgreeny
Currently Reading:

Post by valgreeny »

oluchiokere84 wrote: 05 Aug 2019, 17:00 I usually face the same challenges mentioned by the author when reading the old testament. Hence,I prefer to read the new testament. I am glad that he has come to my rescue with his book.
Thank you. I hope you enjoy the book. Please let me know how well it meets your expectations.
Blessings,
mhPNW
Currently Reading: It Takes Two to Talk
Bookshelf Size: 13

Post by mhPNW »

It is so nice to have another resource for studying the Old Testament. Seeing the big picture rather than just isolated, unrelated stories definitely shows the path leading to the cross and gives so much more meaning to the New Testament.
Joy Catap
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joy-catap.html
Latest Review: Days of the Giants by RJ Petrella

Post by Joy Catap »

As a Christian, I am thankful that someone out there is willing to use his precious time in making the old testament easy to understand. Will definitely try this book! I've been reading old testament and some parts are confusing. Hope this book will shed light.
valgreeny
Currently Reading:

Post by valgreeny »

Wilson0323 wrote: 05 Aug 2019, 17:22 Growing up in the Bible Belt in the Deep South I was exposed to the Bible at a very young age. Back roughly 45 years ago children and adults would go to Sunday school before the regular church service and learn about the people and stories from the Old and New Testament. I feel that over time much of this teaching including week long Vacation Bible Schools has vanished and many of the heroes and individuals of the Bible are not being learned thoroughly. I believe a book such as this with a modern twist that delves into the details of each Old Testament person will bring them to life in a relevant way for this generation
Thank you for your observations. I know you are absolutely right; we have, as a society, gotten away from the Bible and its wonderful teachings and messages. I hope my book will help people who want to return to the "good old days."
Blessings,
valgreeny
Currently Reading:

Post by valgreeny »

mhPNW wrote: 05 Aug 2019, 20:17 It is so nice to have another resource for studying the Old Testament. Seeing the big picture rather than just isolated, unrelated stories definitely shows the path leading to the cross and gives so much more meaning to the New Testament.
Thank you for your thoughts on the need to get back on track. You are dead on!
Blessings,
Clorinda Donovan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 155
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-clorinda-donovan.html
Latest Review: Please Don't Tell Cooper He's A Dog by Michelle Lander Feinberg

Post by Clorinda Donovan »

:drool:
valgreeny wrote: 05 Aug 2019, 09:48
Clorinda Donovan wrote: 05 Aug 2019, 03:43
aacodreanu wrote: 27 Jul 2019, 04:57 It seems to me one needs to be very certain about his capacity of reading and understanding, especially the Holy Books, to set upon such a journey. I understand the practical purpose of the author and I hope it has been and will be useful to many. Those who do read the book will need to understand that what they are reading has passed through the filter of another person's mind.
I hope I will be able to have a look at it, for the moment it is not on Kindle.
Yes, I completely agree with you, in that anyone who read this book should remember that it us written from somebody else's perspective.
The book is available on Amazon Kindle. Last Thursday, it was available for $1.00. It is now available for $8.00. Because of the user aids that the book has to enhance its use, I always recommend the paperback version--but the choice is yours to make--not mine. I appreciate your insightful observations.

Blessings,

Thank you. I love paperback books and if I had my way that is all I'd use to read with. As luck would have it I cannot receive anything from Amazon. So sadly I read everything digitally. 😭
Thanks again and your review was really insightful.
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life.

Confucius
valgreeny
Currently Reading:

Post by valgreeny »

Joy Catap wrote: 06 Aug 2019, 09:02 As a Christian, I am thankful that someone out there is willing to use his precious time in making the old testament easy to understand. Will definitely try this book! I've been reading old testament and some parts are confusing. Hope this book will shed light.
Thank you for your thoughts. I appreciate your appreciation. Let me know how you enjoy the book and its many and varied stories.
Blessings,
valgreeny
Currently Reading:

Post by valgreeny »

Wilson0323 wrote: 05 Aug 2019, 17:22 Growing up in the Bible Belt in the Deep South I was exposed to the Bible at a very young age. Back roughly 45 years ago children and adults would go to Sunday school before the regular church service and learn about the people and stories from the Old and New Testament. I feel that over time much of this teaching including week long Vacation Bible Schools has vanished and many of the heroes and individuals of the Bible are not being learned thoroughly. I believe a book such as this with a modern twist that delves into the details of each Old Testament person will bring them to life in a relevant way for this generation
Thank you. Your observations are right on target. Times have changed, and we need to get back to some of the traditions of yesteryear Please let me know how you enjoy the book. I will appreciate your observations.
Blessings,
Val

Return to “Author Interviews”