Official Interview: Val D. Greenwood, author of the August 2019 Book of the Month

This forum features interviews with authors.

Hosted by kandscreeley.

Moderator: Special Discussion Leaders

valgreeny
Favorite Author: Val D. Greenwood
Favorite Book: I will make of thee a great nation
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6
fav_author_id: 123607

Re: Official Interview: Val D. Greenwood, author of the August 2019 Book of the Month

Post by valgreeny »

leiabutler wrote: 01 Aug 2019, 17:03 This is such an amazing interview! I love the small insights into the author's personality. This adds a different dimension when reading the work.

Thank you for your comments. I would be grateful if, after you have read my book, you will let me know how you liked it and if it had any significant impact on your life.

Blessings,
Val :techie-studyinggray:
valgreeny
Currently Reading:

Post by valgreeny »

cassiekeech2019 wrote: 01 Aug 2019, 22:07 I am very grateful to Mr. Greenwood for writing this book. I have attempted to read the Bible a few times, and ended up walking away, for this very reason. Some of it was too hard to comprehend. When I read the sample I was drawn in. I plan on reading the entire book soon.
Thanks again
Thank you, Cassie. When you have finished the book, please let me know how you enjoyed it and if it met your expectations.
Blessings,
valgreeny
Currently Reading:

Post by valgreeny »

FREDFDK wrote: 02 Aug 2019, 13:43 I like the idea that the author said he used chats to segment the Kings and their Kingdom's. I would read the book soon.
Thanks, Fred. Please let me know how you enjoy the book and if it has any impact on your life.
Blessings,
valgreeny
Currently Reading:

Post by valgreeny »

Sharon2056 wrote: 03 Aug 2019, 03:40 Great interview! Mr Greenwood approach on the bible is really easy to comprehend.
Thanks, Sharon. Once you have finished the book, please let me know what effect it has had on your life and upon your relationship to God.

Blessings,
valgreeny
Currently Reading:

Post by valgreeny »

Hester3 wrote: 03 Aug 2019, 09:37 The Old Testament is very difficult to understand because the books are not in order and also because the culture was so different from ours that we do not understand the motivation behind the actions described. I hope this book also explains the cultural context of the event in the Bible. Cant wait to read it.
Thanks, Hester. I really appreciate your observation and insightful comments. Once you have read the book, I would be grateful if you would let me know how well it has met your expectations.
Blessings,
Kansas City Teacher
Review Team Admin
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 200
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kansas-city-teacher.html
Latest Review: Project: 211 by Sammy Maida

Post by Kansas City Teacher »

Awww, I was really hoping the author would have picked a favorite story! :)
valgreeny
Currently Reading:

Post by valgreeny »

Kansas City Teacher wrote: 03 Aug 2019, 14:39 Awww, I was really hoping the author would have picked a favorite story! :)
I have many favorites. The story of Esther is a good one, but several of the stories relating to David also stand out--as do so many others. Another really great story is #144, "Showdown at Mount Carmel," that comes from 1 Kings 18. There are also a lot of other stories that no one has ever heard of that I like. One story with a great moral is #128, "That Which Costs Me Nothing," from 1 Kings 1 and 2. I could go on. I also really like story #89, "Jehovah Has Anointed You," from 1 Samuel 9 and 10, which relates to the calling and anointing of Saul and king of Israel at the end of the reign of the judges. Story # 164, "Jehu's Sacrifice to Baal," (2 Kings 10 and 2 Chronicles 22) is also a great story--and I could go on and on. However, I would like you to read them and tell me which is your favorite story. Is that possible?
Clorinda Donovan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 155
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-clorinda-donovan.html
Latest Review: Please Don't Tell Cooper He's A Dog by Michelle Lander Feinberg

Post by Clorinda Donovan »

Interesting interview. The author seems to be an interesting and humble man. He seems accomplished and well informed. Thank you for sharing this great interview.
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life.

Confucius
shell4659
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by shell4659 »

This book has drawn my attention because it is religious based and I am a very religious person. Additionally, I think The Old Testament of the Bible needs to be re-interated to the people of God. I can't wait to read it.
Iliesa
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Iliesa »

Wonderful testimony of a child of god, truly inspiring reading and understanding her calling in life, for the word of God said and “for I know the plans I have for you, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give u hope and a future”
shravsi
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: Crime and Punishment
Bookshelf Size: 115
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shravsi.html
Latest Review: Sam the Chosen by Wally Jones

Post by shravsi »

I always had curiosity in the Bible but was afraid of the Old Testament. This seems like a good book for a newbie like me.
Clorinda Donovan
Currently Reading:

I love liver but parsnips are dreadful. 😵

Confucius
Clorinda Donovan
Currently Reading:

aacodreanu wrote: 27 Jul 2019, 04:57 It seems to me one needs to be very certain about his capacity of reading and understanding, especially the Holy Books, to set upon such a journey. I understand the practical purpose of the author and I hope it has been and will be useful to many. Those who do read the book will need to understand that what they are reading has passed through the filter of another person's mind.
I hope I will be able to have a look at it, for the moment it is not on Kindle.
Yes, I completely agree with you, in that anyone who read this book should remember that it us written from somebody else's perspective.

Confucius
Lrogers5

Post by Lrogers5 »

I haven’t read the book yet but this interview was great, I’m going to have to get a copy!
hljohnso

Post by hljohnso »

I'd love to see his rendition of Leviticus and Numbers.

Return to “Author Interviews”