Featured Interview: Dr. Frank L. Douglas, author of the July 2019 Book of the Month

This forum features interviews with authors.

Hosted by kandscreeley.

Moderator: Special Discussion Leaders

Leethemuse
Currently Reading: A Girl Like You
Bookshelf Size: 61
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leethemuse.html
Latest Review: Toward Happier Choices by Michael Oborn

Re: Featured Interview: Dr. Frank L. Douglas, author of the July 2019 Book of the Month

Post by Leethemuse »

Very inspiring to hear from a writer who was born and raised in Guyana. I always admire West Indian writers and I love Pepper Roti!
Congratulations on the book
AnxiousSocks
Currently Reading: Ash
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anxioussocks.html
Latest Review: The Miller's Tale by Geoffrey Chaucer (Brian Lamont translator)

Post by AnxiousSocks »

Im sure this interview is so important to the understanding of the book! I am really looking forward to reading it. I like the way he connected recent social issues to the themes of the book.
Mburke24
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 8

Post by Mburke24 »

Awesome interview. I especially liked his biggest influences, Muhammad Ali and his mother. He seems like a very humble and thoughtful man. Thanks for sharing.
Nym182
Currently Reading: Harley Quinn
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nym182.html
Latest Review: Homecoming: The Unari Experiment Book 1 by Brian L. Harad

Post by Nym182 »

I'm glad the interviewer asked some fun questions along with the serious ones! gives a better picture of the man as a whole! Sometimes interviews like that help the author since we now know things that he may not think of putting in his story.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming “Wow! What a Ride!” HST
KDJ
Favorite Book: Elenor
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 147
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdj.html
Latest Review: Homecoming by Jude Austin

Post by KDJ »

Thank you for your interview. I enjoyed reading it and enjoyed learning about the author. I can not wait to read this book. :D :D
He that loves reading has everything within his reach. —William Godwin
FREDFDK
Favorite Book: Wellness Toolbox
Currently Reading: Buried
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fredfdk.html
Latest Review: Wellness Toolbox by Don Roberts

Post by FREDFDK »

I am proud I am one of the first readers of this wonderful book.
Monishka Sharma
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-monishka-sharma.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi

Post by Monishka Sharma »

This interview is educational as well as brings out the problem of racisim. It's been a while since I want to work on educating people and tell them that they are beautiful no matter the skin colour or any marks and I am doing this on my personal level. The fun questions are great. I am really intrigued by the idea of the author to want to be with Mahatma Gandhi and Martin Luther as this tells a lot about his character and the vast space for everyone in his heart. And I am really motivated to read "The road less taken" as it sounds promising to motivate us and right now, I need that.
Thank you for this interview as interviewing authors is kind of spreading positivity, their crearivity and some really good and wise thoughts on many aspects.
Clorinda Donovan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 155
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-clorinda-donovan.html
Latest Review: Please Don't Tell Cooper He's A Dog by Michelle Lander Feinberg

Post by Clorinda Donovan »

Monishka Sharma wrote: 21 Jul 2019, 02:15 This interview is educational as well as brings out the problem of racisim. It's been a while since I want to work on educating people and tell them that they are beautiful no matter the skin colour or any marks and I am doing this on my personal level. The fun questions are great. I am really intrigued by the idea of the author to want to be with Mahatma Gandhi and Martin Luther as this tells a lot about his character and the vast space for everyone in his heart. And I am really motivated to read "The road less taken" as it sounds promising to motivate us and right now, I need that.
Thank you for this interview as interviewing authors is kind of spreading positivity, their crearivity and some really good and wise thoughts on many aspects.
It is sad that so many people till this day, have not overcome their racial prejudices. I hope books like these will help spread the word, that people are just people, their race has nothing to do with making them better, or worse than anyone else. I agree with your comments. Very nicely said, thank you.
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life.

Confucius
Susana Osaebea
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22

Post by Susana Osaebea »

Great interview and interesting. I love every bit of this, so inspiring and touching.
oluchiokere84
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oluchiokere84.html
Latest Review: A Portrait of Mommy by JL Coston

Post by oluchiokere84 »

' Of whom much is given, much is expected ', I will add that to my personal mantra because I believe that many times I do things below my capabilities, just get by.
book-maniac
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by book-maniac »

This was so interesting! Makes me a lot more excited to read the book.
AbbyC
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abbyc.html
Latest Review: "Truth and Love; Enchanting Echoes; Elohim's Decree-The Dimension of the Soul; Fount of freedom; Angel of My Life" by Grace Ruto

Post by AbbyC »

This was a great and insightful interview and I loved his description of his mother. She sounds like a truly amazing and inspiring woman.
Latest Review: "Truth and Love; Enchanting Echoes; Elohim's Decree-The Dimension of the Soul; Fount of freedom; Angel of My Life" by Grace Ruto
Mamah123
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Mamah123 »

Wow that's great having to discuss with the author.
DC Brown
Currently Reading: Sold on a Monday
Bookshelf Size: 204
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dc-brown.html
Latest Review: The Byrds of Victory by James Robert Campbell

Post by DC Brown »

A very well-done interview! Thank you both for taking the time to give us some insight into your book. I have read the book and I found it fascinating that one could stay so positive in the face of adversity.
Kansas City Teacher
Review Team Admin
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 200
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kansas-city-teacher.html
Latest Review: Project: 211 by Sammy Maida

Post by Kansas City Teacher »

Very interesting life! It must have quite the culture shock coming at the time that he did to Washington,D.C. Best and worst of times.

Return to “Author Interviews”