What Mood Do Your Poems Have?

This is the place for readers of poetry. Discuss poetry and literary art. You can also discuss music here, including lyrics. Also, you can discuss poets themselves, in addition to poetry.
cooltodd
Bookshelf Size: 0

What Mood Do Your Poems Have?

Post by cooltodd »

Some poems are sad, others are happy or something else. What mood do you think your poems usually have? Does it vary a lot, or do you generally write poetry with the same moods and tones?
tommygolfboy3000

Post by tommygolfboy3000 »

My poetry tends to be romantic and/or sexy
ocap68

Post by ocap68 »

I'm not sure about other people, but poetry is often my way of expressing that which concerns me, that which is significant in one way or another. When I look back at the stuff I've written I can perhaps find every type of mood you can think of. Looking back at them and their dates I can also notice how a given phase in life really had an effect on the mood and angle that I used to express myself. I guess I can't really say my poems have a single mood, they are like me; dynamic, nomadic, and eternally changing.
LoveHatesYou

Post by LoveHatesYou »

Mine is extremely pensive- and usually depressing, but I think that is because I use it as an outlet, a means for expressing my fears and doubts about myself and the world around me.
ktmayo05

Post by ktmayo05 »

LoveHatesYou wrote:Mine is extremely pensive- and usually depressing, but I think that is because I use it as an outlet, a means for expressing my fears and doubts about myself and the world around me.
yeah, I think I agree. But sometimes I'll write something as random as can be -- totally off the wall, knee-slapping-ish HILARIOUS. I had usually been drinking during those

:?
This is what happens when boredom has taken over.
bchbmjohn9

Post by bchbmjohn9 »

my best poems usually come after something traumatic happens in my life, so the mood of my poems are definitely sad.
msstroda

Post by msstroda »

Most of my poems reflect depression, love or lost love. I have written poems on death and the loss felt by those left behind as well. So it varies I guess.
daclawson2

Post by daclawson2 »

I'm very random with my poem subjects. It probably comes from my obsession with explaining the world through my eyes. I analyze everything and I think in poetry, a lot of times a poem is complete in my head I just have to write it down. I suppose I mostly write somewhat sad love type poems. Maybe self reflection and critique.
Linda

Post by Linda »

mine arent ever happy throughout the whole poem. They might start nice or end nice but i want to write something thats happy all the way from beginning to end. For some reason happy poems always read as corny and lame, never serious. i'll have to work on that.
"I hope you can't sleep and you dream about it
And when you dream I hope you can't sleep and you SCREAM about it
I hope your conscience EATS AT YOU and you can't BREATHE without me"
DuchessAngel37

Post by DuchessAngel37 »

I only really tackle poetry when I'm sad or really happy, and 95% of the time I write love poems. So, combine that up and you either get sappy happy stuff, or sad/angry stuff.
Kyle22

Post by Kyle22 »

I think my poetry usually has a confused tone, because they are inspired by personal emotions that I do not fully understand.
Coraline

Post by Coraline »

Mine is cynical and sceptical. Sometimes it describes my disappointment about something or someone or my anger. Sometimes it is my comment about my life or the world. It is easier for me to write in bad mood.

However, I also write when I'm in my happiest feeling, also about my dreams. When I write that way, my poem style tends to be romantic.
Eugene Allen Wilson

Post by Eugene Allen Wilson »

My poems deal with the many challenges that life presents to all of us. However, I tend to gravitate toward poems that deal with romance and situations dealing with lost love. For example:

When We Were Young

When we were young, love was so new
How to handle these feelings, I had not a clue
There you were all radiant like the shining sun
I was drawn to you in love, it so much fun

Yet I was shy and unsure of myself
A simple greeting was nearly impossible for me
As I watched you from a distance
I suddenly realized this love may never be

When we were young, I felt ever so close to you
As you walked off the bus, afar off is where I stood
Watching from the school hall window
Begging to call out to you if I could

Why was it so hard to express these feelings so true?
What could I have done to get closer to you?
As I passed you in the hallway time and again
I could only raise my head and offer a simple grin

Now as I look back, it’s all in the past
I am older, wiser and sure of life's many wonders
Still at times, I like to think of you during the setting sun
Wondering about the girl I knew we were young
Tracey Neal
Favorite Author: Nicholas Sparks
Favorite Book: The Hundred Dresses
fav_author_id: 2460

Post by Tracey Neal »

I usually write straight from the heart when it come to poetry.
SeoulChild

Post by SeoulChild »

I would have to settle with scattered...poetry is not so much an outlet as it is an extension of thought, for me anyway. Mmm...I do not care for people to read my poetry because it comes out like a gush of letters and sounds that ring rightly together, but manage to sound different every time. Lol or maybe I am just shy :roll:

Return to “Poetry & Music”