This is the place for readers of poetry. Discuss poetry and literary art. You can also discuss music here, including lyrics. Also, you can discuss poets themselves, in addition to poetry.
- Posts: 14
- Joined: 26 Mar 2019, 19:14
- Currently Reading: How to live on 24 Hours a Day
- Bookshelf Size: 10
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-valeria-gr4.html
- Latest Review: Tears and Trombones by Nanci Lee Woody
What I consider to be a "good song" is one that is different from others. One that makes me sing (even if I don't know the lyrics
), dance like no one cares, and that feels relatable. One that transmits strong feelings and has a particular way of viewing typical situations. The lyrics are not the only important part, of course; so when it comes to the instrumental part, this has to transmit a strong emotion as well. I also love songs that are catchy but still have tons of substance and not just repeat the same phrase again and again.
- Posts: 114
- Joined: 22 Jun 2019, 22:29
- Currently Reading:
- Bookshelf Size: 11
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-felicity-granger.html
- Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz
A good song to me is any song I'll replay constantly because there's a quality of attractiveness to it. Bashing other's taste in music is not something I want to do. For instance, I won't listen to the songs about people 'flexing' or killing other people indiscriminately, but I'm not going to force someone who prefers that type of music to listen to my melancholy, saddening song choices.
- Posts: 137
- Joined: 08 Aug 2019, 12:38
- 2019 Reading Goal: 15
- 2019 Reading Goal Completion: 53
- Currently Reading:
- Bookshelf Size: 18
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-heatherei.html
- Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi
Anything that puts a smile on my face and makes me want to dance!
- Posts: 26
- Joined: 21 Sep 2019, 22:41
- Favorite Book: Before the Storm
- Currently Reading: Twisted But True
- Bookshelf Size: 46
A good song is a song that makes you feel something. If a song doesn't either move me or make me feel some emotion then I don't want to listen. It's just empty noise.
- Posts: 1
- Joined: 04 Oct 2019, 06:51
- Bookshelf Size: 0
In my opinion a good song is something that resonates with you. Something that will either make your day or shatter your heart , good music has energy to it, you’ll know it when you feel it. It can be as simple as someone singing Acapella or as elaborate As an orchestra. I listen to all genres from Black Metal to blues from the 1930s. My favorite song is Atmosphere by Joy Division. Ian Curtis has a powerful voice and you can hear the emotions in his voice,