what's your idea of a "good song"?

This is the place for readers of poetry. Discuss poetry and literary art. You can also discuss music here, including lyrics. Also, you can discuss poets themselves, in addition to poetry.
Valeria_gr4
Currently Reading: How to live on 24 Hours a Day
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-valeria-gr4.html
Latest Review: Tears and Trombones by Nanci Lee Woody

Re: what's your idea of a "good song"?

Post by Valeria_gr4 » 25 Aug 2019, 22:06

What I consider to be a "good song" is one that is different from others. One that makes me sing (even if I don't know the lyrics :D), dance like no one cares, and that feels relatable. One that transmits strong feelings and has a particular way of viewing typical situations. The lyrics are not the only important part, of course; so when it comes to the instrumental part, this has to transmit a strong emotion as well. I also love songs that are catchy but still have tons of substance and not just repeat the same phrase again and again.

Felicity Granger
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-felicity-granger.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Felicity Granger » 08 Sep 2019, 03:36

A good song to me is any song I'll replay constantly because there's a quality of attractiveness to it. Bashing other's taste in music is not something I want to do. For instance, I won't listen to the songs about people 'flexing' or killing other people indiscriminately, but I'm not going to force someone who prefers that type of music to listen to my melancholy, saddening song choices.

HeatherEi
2019 Reading Goal: 15
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 53
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-heatherei.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by HeatherEi » 03 Oct 2019, 14:04

Anything that puts a smile on my face and makes me want to dance!

sschatzberg
Favorite Book: Before the Storm
Currently Reading: Twisted But True
Bookshelf Size: 46

Post by sschatzberg » 03 Oct 2019, 22:24

A good song is a song that makes you feel something. If a song doesn't either move me or make me feel some emotion then I don't want to listen. It's just empty noise.

Demon96
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Demon96 » 04 Oct 2019, 07:08

In my opinion a good song is something that resonates with you. Something that will either make your day or shatter your heart , good music has energy to it, you’ll know it when you feel it. It can be as simple as someone singing Acapella or as elaborate As an orchestra. I listen to all genres from Black Metal to blues from the 1930s. My favorite song is Atmosphere by Joy Division. Ian Curtis has a powerful voice and you can hear the emotions in his voice,

Return to “Poetry & Music”