Read a Book by D'Mite

This is the place for readers of poetry. Discuss poetry and literary art. You can also discuss music here, including lyrics. Also, you can discuss poets themselves, in addition to poetry.
Scott
Site Admin
Favorite Author: Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Currently Reading: The Unbound Soul
Bookshelf Size: 340
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-scott.html
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 960
fav_author_id: 248825

Read a Book by D'Mite

Post by Scott »

This isn't actually a poem. It's a satirical song. Nonetheless, I posted it on my spoken word blog because of its relevance to hip-hop. Just a warning, it has profanity and it's a little controversial. The video is on YouTube, but you can check it out on my spoken word blog, where I also posted my thoughts about it:

Read a Book by D'Mite

I'm posting the link in these forums for you all, because the song is entitled Read A Book.

What do you think?
"That virtue we appreciate is as much ours as another's. We see so much only as we possess." - Henry David Thoreau

"Non ignara mali miseris succurrere disco." Virgil, The Aeneid
Adekeye Hassan musab
Currently Reading: My Other Half
Bookshelf Size: 86
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adekeye-hassan-musab.html
Latest Review: The White Coat Effect by L.B. Wells

Post by Adekeye Hassan musab »

It does contain a lot of profanity 😀 but I think I got the message and again the link is defunct had to watch the video on YouTube. Thanks though.
Jakub Bystrowski
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jakub-bystrowski.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Jakub Bystrowski »

It dies contain profanity. It is not so bad. The artist did his best in trying to express his feelings.

Return to “Poetry & Music”