Do you have a song, that helps you through a tough time?

This is the place for readers of poetry. Discuss poetry and literary art. You can also discuss music here, including lyrics. Also, you can discuss poets themselves, in addition to poetry.
Bookreview1234
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Do you have a song, that helps you through a tough time?

Post by Bookreview1234 »

Keep Your Head Up ~ Andy Grammer
Don't You Worry Child ~ Swedish House Mafia
Don't You Worry Bout A Thing ~ Tori Kelly
Don't Worry Be Happy ~ Bobby McFerrin
Three Little Birds ~ Bob Marley

Happy Listening!!!
ebriana1112

Post by ebriana1112 »

This is Me
brunettebiblio
Currently Reading: Final Notice
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brunettebiblio.html
Latest Review: Becoming the Dragon by Alex Sapegin

Post by brunettebiblio »

Not a song in particular (although I'm sure I could land on one if need be), but I've found that anything by Fleetwood Mac or Stevie Nicks instantly puts me in a better mood. Luckily they have a huge catalog of music so I never get bored!
Brea_02
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Brea_02 »

When I'm going through a rough time I listen to a lot of music. I do that in general, but specifically I'll listen to Wrapped Around Your Finger by 5 Seconds of summer and One More Light by Linkin Park. I listen to a lot more but those two seem to help me the most.
BugsLife23

Post by BugsLife23 »

Everyone has their tough times but not all tough times are the same, so you can't necessarily listen to the same song for every time. You have to find the song(s) that fit best for that situation at hand. So no, I don't have just one song for tough times I have a variety of songs. You've got to have options!
Lovewreading89
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 226
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lovewreading89.html
Latest Review: Roadmap to the End of Days by Daniel Friedmann

Post by Lovewreading89 »

The songs that help me get through a tough time are breaking the habit by linking park, Warrior by Imagine Dragons, and television rules the nation by Daft Punk.
AshleyAnnK43

Post by AshleyAnnK43 »

Nutshell by Alice In Chains, When You Can’t Sleep at Night by Of Mice and Men, or Paralyzed by NF are always the songs I find myself listening to whenever I’m facing a rough time.
The BookWorm Nagham
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 84
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-the-bookworm-nagham.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Post by The BookWorm Nagham »

I don't know why, but when I feel down I listen to Back to Black by Amy Winehouse. Something about singing it on the top of my lungs helps me channel my anger and sadness.
pauljames_03
Currently Reading: The Prisoner and the Chaplain
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pauljames-03.html
Latest Review: The Right to Nominate by Thomas E Peterson

Post by pauljames_03 »

Jazz definitely helps me get through difficult times in my life. Its silent, yet scintillating melody relaxes my weary soul.
hllrytnchn

Post by hllrytnchn »

i don't have a particular song, usually it's just the genre that helps me get through times, before i'd always listen to songs with so much anger and angst but now i prefer songs that just make me contemplate, sometimes even more sad but it helps plus it feels good
Tzara Drusak
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 58
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tzara-drusak.html
Latest Review: Happy Healing by Dominique Bourlet

Post by Tzara Drusak »

I got hooked on Andra Day's Rise Up and Jessie J's Who You Are in a really, really depressing slump I fell into early this year. Whenever I was feeling putout I'd just jack my earphones way up and blast my skull with repeats of these two until I felt better. Oddly enough, Lemon by N.E.R.D. and Rihanna starred in this playlist, as well as Shakira's Try Everything.
And in the end, we were all just humans... Drunk on the idea that love, only love, could heal our brokenness.

-F. Scott Fitzgerald-
Arrigo_Lupori
Favorite Author: Haruki Murakami
Currently Reading: A Short History of Nearly Everything
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-arrigo-lupori.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 2566

Post by Arrigo_Lupori »

Absolutely. Anything that deadmau5 makes. He's helped me over several years. I'm a huge fan: he's able to make emotion pop out of electronic music with no lyrics.
"The abstract sensation of living a lifestyle that hasn't been fully understood."
- The epitome of taste in living disgrace.
DesireeRose
Currently Reading: The Blood of Winter
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-desireerose.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley

Post by DesireeRose »

Really, anything from Melanie Martinez helps me. Crybaby and Mrs. Potato Head are probably my top favorites.
Prerna Srivastava

Post by Prerna Srivastava »

Hello everyone.....this is my first post here. Songs have great influence on our mood.If one is going through tough times then listening to motivational song really helps and I listen to the " Fight song" by Rachel Platten. The chorus of the song boosts up the spirit ,its a great song to listen when feeling low.
Aubrey Lewis
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 381
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aubrey-lewis.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Aubrey Lewis »

Since I'm a huge fan of Sung Si Kyung, I often listen to his songs whenever I feel depressed. I find that his "Present Love" and "On the Street" songs have helped me not to think about the negative things that were running inside my head. His sweet voice has helped me out a lot and I'll always be grateful.

Return to “Poetry & Music”