How Does Music Influence You?

This is the place for readers of poetry. Discuss poetry and literary art. You can also discuss music here, including lyrics. Also, you can discuss poets themselves, in addition to poetry.
Amor2Love
Bookshelf Size: 0

How Does Music Influence You?

Post by Amor2Love »

They say certain sounds can heal you, do you believe so?
Stefanus Kristian
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stefanus-kristian.html

Post by Stefanus Kristian »

Well, I don't know, but music certainly affect emotional human. and that's means human without 'heart' remain unaffected.
But I do believe God can heal people, one of the way is through music.
Thumpalina
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Thumpalina »

Music has an affect on my over all mood. I listen to certain music depending on how I feel.
lolashoes
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 153
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lolashoes.html
Latest Review: "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole

Post by lolashoes »

Personally, music does impact my mood, usually for the better and i tend to turn to music when I'm down and in need of a pick me up. Music does help me get through some rough times.
Latest Review: "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole
ramneetsudan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ramneetsudan.html
Latest Review: Real Secrets Of Life by Krishna Jagarnath

Post by ramneetsudan »

music give happiness to soul and harmony to the nature
Lady Countryrose
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lady-countryrose.html

Post by Lady Countryrose »

Yes they do, they can even harm you. I have been around all sorts of music to see for myself what it can do. I have seen concerts go out of control due to the heavy metal that I had heard. Soft music can heal the soul, it does take time but it does work.
Maegan101
Bookshelf Size: 79
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maegan101.html
Latest Review: "Before the Cult" by Sandy Masia

Post by Maegan101 »

Depending on the song sometimes something strikes a cord with me and I am just moved in a way that only music can. Though I do think that people react differently to music.
Latest Review: "Before the Cult" by Sandy Masia
fari30
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fari30.html

Post by fari30 »

I can never tell if the music I'm listening to influences my mood or reflects my mood but there's definitely a parallel there. Heartwrenching songs and chocolate are the solutions when I'm sad. Lonely, longing, wondering music accompany me at the dead of night.
My weekend is all booked!
Rdrive

Post by Rdrive »

I have noticed listening to music is one of the best ways to relax , especially instrumental music. I have experienced the thrill in my heart , whenever I listen to Gospel music and there is enormous joy that cannot be replaced by anything. Various types of music sets my mood to different levels , and just keeps me moving on and on with day to day life's struggles.
AA1495
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 19636">Out of the Box Awakening</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aa1495.html
Latest Review: YiaYia’s Kitchen by Brianna Koucos Midgley

Post by AA1495 »

Yes. music calms me down considerably. Some tunes are so relaxing and soothing!!!
Jazzed063
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 31955">The Mozart Conspiracy</a>
Currently Reading: Solaris Seethes
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jazzed063.html

Post by Jazzed063 »

As a musician one of the most gratifying things for me is when I can share how a piece makes me feel to my audience. There is nothing like that connection and I think that is a main reason performers do what they do. Obviously, music has had a major influence on me! I am constantly listening if I'm not working on a project. What I listen to depends on why. If it's simply for pleasure, Chris Botti is one of my favorites, along with Andrea Bocelli, Reba McEntire, and Celine Dion. If it's a mood thing, it depends on my mood. When I'm angry, it's usually, "Let it Go!" from Frozen, but if I'm sad, I have several different songs I listen to. I lost a friend to cancer a couple of years ago, and if I'm thinking about her, I'll listen to the arrangement of "One Voice," she taught her chorus.
whatthe dickens2

Post by whatthe dickens2 »

we all have one tune that makes us cry-don't we? Mine's 'God only know's' by the Beach Boys.
Why-God only knows!
GODfather_i
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-godfather-i.html

Post by GODfather_i »

Music influence your mind. It can bought change to the way of thinking, it can heal you in hard times. Breakup or something like that. I have experienced the power of music in my life....
garviksa

Post by garviksa »

Music calms me down in each and every way...my stress jus run away..sumtimes make me emotional sumtim happy..
Auntie shush
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-auntie-shush.html
Reading Device: B018KXK652

Post by Auntie shush »

I love how music can pull up a memory and have me laughing my socks off, or can remind me of someone and make me cry. A good beat makes my feet move about so that I can dance around while doing mundane chores, and when a singer hits a particular note I get goose bumps.
I can't read while listening to music which has singing, but I do on the odd occasion like to listen to some classic, but sometimes I think I'm feeling a different way to what I would if there was no music.

Return to “Poetry & Music”