How Does Music Influence You?

This is the place for readers of poetry. Discuss poetry and literary art. You can also discuss music here, including lyrics. Also, you can discuss poets themselves, in addition to poetry.
[Valerie Allen]
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 773
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-valerie-allen.html
Latest Review: Utopia Project by Billy Dering

Re: How Does Music Influence You?

Post by [Valerie Allen] »

I most certainly do: "Whenever the evil spirit from God bothered Saul, David would play his harp. Saul would relax and feel better, and the evil spirit would go away". And, gospel music moved and healed me once too.
And another book was opened, which is the Book of Life. (Revelation 20:12 (NKJV) :reading-7:
Etipou
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Etipou »

It lifts up my spirit and brings a connection 2 God himself. It brings relief 2 my troubled and depressed soul at all times.
revna01
Currently Reading: Storm Front
Bookshelf Size: 143
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-revna01.html
Latest Review: Rufus: A Boy's Extraordinary Experiences in the Civil War by Phoebe Sheldon

Post by revna01 »

Yes, I believe that. I think people can lean on music (or anything really) that they find comfort in, in times of need. The familiarity and safety that is found in a favorite song or style can be profoundly soothing.
LiamEllie
Currently Reading: Mona Lisa's Secret
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by LiamEllie »

Music influence differs, from been a positive to a negative. For me, I chose the type of music I listen to and it's my inspiration, it lightens my mood and most times makes me feel like I can do anything. Music for me is to the soul what the mind is to the body
Aubrey Lewis
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 381
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aubrey-lewis.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Aubrey Lewis »

I've gone through depression a few times and I get stressed easily, so I can really say that music has played quite a part in my life. It helps me relax and it makes the stiffness go away.
fireball

Post by fireball »

Amor2Love wrote: 27 Jun 2016, 03:41 They say certain sounds can heal you, do you believe so?
I believe certain sounds can heal you, it works for me! :D
fireball

Post by fireball »

I believe certain sounds of music can heal you. :)
Deepikasingh061823
Currently Reading:

Post by Deepikasingh061823 »

it helps me keep depression away...
Omah_Jay
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-omah-jay.html
Latest Review: Trip to Adele by R I Alyaseer and A I Alyaseer

Post by Omah_Jay »

Music lightens up my mood. I"ll tell my friends. "If you want to make me happy, play a music"
Coolest kidd

Post by Coolest kidd »

yes music do heals. sometimes when I feel like there is no hope, gospel music restores my soul and when I listen to cool songs it touches me to an extent that I can't just explain.
Kimberlyd53

Post by Kimberlyd53 »

Music definatley makes me happy. And according to how your feelibg would be what type ai listen to
Rosie_16

Post by Rosie_16 »

Music helps especially when you are alone and you don’t have anyone to talk to. Just like living in the city and not knowing a single person. It helps in relieving stress and cope with depression. It can also help lighten your mood when you’re down. And when you are happy you can also pick a song that can make you happier. It depends on each person’s taste of music. And every song can make a memory and everytime you listen to it, makes you sad or happy. A song for a memory.
L-Bro
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-l-bro.html
Latest Review: Roadmap to the End of Days by Daniel Friedmann

Post by L-Bro »

Music is said to 'sooth the savage beast' however sometimes there is a savage beast in the music. Music can be soothing but I still rely on medicine for healing.
gen_g
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 1984
Bookshelf Size: 104
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gen-g.html
Latest Review: The Diary That Will Change Your Lives Forever by Georgios Zelelidis

Post by gen_g »

Auntie shush wrote: 15 Feb 2017, 15:10 I love how music can pull up a memory and have me laughing my socks off, or can remind me of someone and make me cry. A good beat makes my feet move about so that I can dance around while doing mundane chores, and when a singer hits a particular note I get goose bumps.
I can't read while listening to music which has singing, but I do on the odd occasion like to listen to some classic, but sometimes I think I'm feeling a different way to what I would if there was no music.
I totally agree! Music definitely has that quality to pull emotions from you.
crediblereading2
Currently Reading: Bitroux
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-crediblereading2.html
Latest Review: SSN Seadragon by J P Ronald

Post by crediblereading2 »

Certain music and its accompanying lyrics will influence a person, especially teenagers to carry out a certain act, whether positive or negative.

Return to “Poetry & Music”