How Does Music Influence You?

This is the place for readers of poetry. Discuss poetry and literary art. You can also discuss music here, including lyrics. Also, you can discuss poets themselves, in addition to poetry.
Mely918
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mely918.html
Latest Review: I'm Going to Kill that Cat by F. Della Notte

Re: How Does Music Influence You?

Post by Mely918 »

I definitely believe so, but perhaps different sounds affect different people. Some may find healing or comfort in other sounds instead of melodic ones, such as the sounds of nature. Personally, I love listening to music and definitely find a lot of healing in it. Just depends on personal preference.
Shraddha_rc
Currently Reading: McDowell
Bookshelf Size: 72
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shraddha-rc.html
Latest Review: The Engine Woman's Light by Laurel Anne Hill

Post by Shraddha_rc »

Music influences me in many ways. It helps me clear my head while writing, it soothes my inner turmoil and calms me down. It also brightens up my mood.
yonyan0314
Currently Reading: Ninja Spy Cats
Bookshelf Size: 22

Post by yonyan0314 »

Music influence me by expanding my imagination what if I already experience what does in the song say's. I become sentimental the way that I used to cry when I hear a sad songs.
imSunshine
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-imsunshine.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by imSunshine »

Of course it turns sadness into total happiness just like magic
Alison Alissa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alison-alissa.html
Latest Review: The Touch by Robert Flynn III

Post by Alison Alissa »

Some lessons have picked up by listening to music.
Divya_deepa
Favorite Book: Man's Search for Meaning
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-divya-deepa.html
Latest Review: Who Told You That You Were Naked? by William Combs

Post by Divya_deepa »

The music makes me forget the world around me & it will just like lyrics of song & me
Jennz123
Favorite Author: Alastair Reynolds
Favorite Book: Ender’s Game
Currently Reading: The Party Crasher
Bookshelf Size: 2232
fav_author_id: 11570

Post by Jennz123 »

Music affects my mood and emotions, I use hip hop and pop as motivation and to cheer myself up, and rock music for energy to do housework. I’m still undecided if it can actually heal you but if it affects your brain chemistry to alter your mood then I suspect so!
magnoparisi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-magnoparisi.html
Latest Review: The Warramunga's Aftermath of War by Greg Kater

Post by magnoparisi »

I listen heavy metal in some specific situations. “Heavy” or loud music is great in situations that demand energetic or competitive behavior.
Anisa_Sadaf
Currently Reading: The Astonishing Color of After
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anisa-sadaf.html
Latest Review: The Spirit of Want by William H. Coles

Post by Anisa_Sadaf »

Music is kind of my go-to option when I need to calm myself and clear my mind. It definitely influences my mood. It makes me forget the world outside.
1body1seoul_
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by 1body1seoul_ »

Music is something that connects people regardless of background, religion, language, etc. Each different kind of music influences and has a different affect on each person in a different way. For me I listen to a very wide variety of music and I normally listen to specific genres or even a specific artist for specific moods. Also everyone interprets certain songs in different ways.
Jlprince26
Currently Reading: Cynthia and Dan
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jlprince26.html
Latest Review: A Kingdom Forgotten by Charles W. McDonald Jr.

Post by Jlprince26 »

I feel like it does.. when I am cleaning I tend to pick fast paced songs that cheer me up. When I am sad I lean towards sad sappy love songs, and when I want to dance I go for the all out shake your booty theme. I think different kinds of music atleast influence your mood if nothing else. I do think they tend to influence our lives without really noticing though. For example; I grew up listening to country, I've been looking for my cowboy to save me for a long time. I don't feel like I would envision a cowboy saving me, if I hadn't grown up listening to country. Just my opinion though!
- "Our children learn from us, teach them well, teach them to read, let them be free, and most importantly let them be children." Jamie Prince
Lady-of-Literature
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lady-of-literature.html
Latest Review: Twisted Threads by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Lady-of-Literature »

You know, I actually have to say No to this because while I do enjoy music and I find it helpful in certain situations I never found myself connected with it like others. My dad, for instance, is very in touch with music, enough to write his own and be moved to tears by the lyrics. I cry at times too but to me, music has always been just music.
cloudystar
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by cloudystar »

Well, so many times music influences my opinion when im mad, sad, happy, uk? it changes your vision sometimes, sometimes it makes you feel better or worst. when i am angry, i listen metal bc it is pure rebelion and maddness. music changed my life in so many aspects, because music make me feel alive
miss1_4_3_6

Post by miss1_4_3_6 »

Am a music lover. Sometimes life is like music all tone and there are no feelings. When you listen there slacking on it. In terms of live music can make you cry, can make you laugh. and you can remember the past. The life is like a song even how beautiful it is will end in own its last notes.
Santiago Guzm4n

Post by Santiago Guzm4n »

Music is like a portal from your emotions to your language. It highly expresses what you're feeling and demonstrates honesty.

Return to “Poetry & Music”