Do you sing in a choir?

This is the place for readers of poetry. Discuss poetry and literary art. You can also discuss music here, including lyrics. Also, you can discuss poets themselves, in addition to poetry.
BugsLife23
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Do you sing in a choir?

Post by BugsLife23 »

I do not sign in a choir any more but, I did for many years. Living in my household growing up everyone sang in the choir at my church, so yes I have been apart of a choir but am not currently in one.
Lovewreading89
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 226
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lovewreading89.html
Latest Review: Roadmap to the End of Days by Daniel Friedmann

Post by Lovewreading89 »

I use to sing in a traveling youth choir in school, but currently i am not in one.
Strongbob25
Currently Reading: Maskerade
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-strongbob25.html
Latest Review: Superhighway by Alex Fayman

Post by Strongbob25 »

I was always a band kid in high school, but never did any choir. I was on friendly terms with most of the choir kids, though!
Ztqueen2018

Post by Ztqueen2018 »

Yeah when I was in the 11th grade. I swear blow like no other.🎙🎶
Keren386

Post by Keren386 »

I used to sing in a choir and I was Soprano 1 and Alto. I also had a chance to be in contest choir, like UIL and Solo Contest.
iyiolanism01

Post by iyiolanism01 »

Hello everyone, I'm new here. Being a chorister is a glorious thing. It inspires you to be more closer to God. I joined my church choir in 1993 at 19th. I was in music class for a year and later graduated and qualified to sing along with the central choir in uniform in January, 1994. And since then it has been a help for me to grow well in the Lord. I'm a Tenor part singer; I've composed hundreds of melodious hymns and contemporary gospel musics.
hllrytnchn

Post by hllrytnchn »

yeah, before i entered college i was a part of the chorale in my school
i tried entering when i was in college but by time i realized that some of them were just really righteous and i can't stand them being high and mighty, and then i just lost all interest and now i sing on my own
writtenbetweenthelin
Currently Reading: A Game of Thrones
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by writtenbetweenthelin »

I have been singing in the choir since 3rd grade. Always in the choirs of my school. Now I am 12th grade and I have been singing in the best of our Choirs for a couple of years. We have worked with big, professional orchestras, but with the ones from our school as well. The hilight definitely was that we participated at the International Youth Chamber Choir Meeting Usedom (Germany)
mosero
Currently Reading: Bud by the Grace of God
Bookshelf Size: 155
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mosero.html
Latest Review: Unbalanced by Courtney Shepard

Post by mosero »

I used to sing before I got bored and couldn't attend choir meetings anymore. Alto was my voice
Arrigo_Lupori
Favorite Author: Haruki Murakami
Currently Reading: A Short History of Nearly Everything
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-arrigo-lupori.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 2566

Post by Arrigo_Lupori »

No, I would like to try by myself, haven't gotten around to it yet though. Not my priority.
"The abstract sensation of living a lifestyle that hasn't been fully understood."
- The epitome of taste in living disgrace.
R-Myra
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: Keeper of Lost Things
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-r-myra.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing

Post by R-Myra »

When I was in school, I sang in the choir but then when I left school, I started singing on my own. Choir singing helped me to find out my own voice and I was grateful that people loved it around me. I was thinking why no one has asked this question.
-R
See_B00kReaDs
Favorite Book: The Bible
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-see-b00kreads.html
Latest Review: Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks by Morton E Tavel, MD

Post by See_B00kReaDs »

No, but I was in a worship team before.
“Our greatest fear should not be of failure but of succeeding at things in life that don’t really matter.”
– Francis Chan

God bless you! :D
Etipou

Post by Etipou »

Yes I do. In fact that is What I am called 2 do. Singing to bless and heal people has to do with partnership with God. It has to be done with the anointing that is what makes the difference between two singers.
revna01
Currently Reading: Storm Front
Bookshelf Size: 143
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-revna01.html
Latest Review: Rufus: A Boy's Extraordinary Experiences in the Civil War by Phoebe Sheldon

Post by revna01 »

I sang in a church choir for about a year and loved it. The harmonies are beautiful, especially when the ceilings are vaulted/raised so the reverb is a subtle echo effect.
qsusan
Favorite Book: Reaper Man
Currently Reading: Gone Girl
Bookshelf Size: 68
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-qsusan.html
Latest Review: The God Debate - Dawkins in Denial by Terry Higham

Post by qsusan »

I like singing but I can't sing in a choir. Although I can train my voice to carry a specific song to a satisfactory degree, I have to slightly adjust the rhythm and scales of the song to sing it well. So joining a choir is still a difficult thing for me.
I wonder if there are others like me who can sing well but can't keep to a group's rhythm for one reason or the other?

Return to “Poetry & Music”