Does Music affect what you are Reading

This is the place for readers of poetry. Discuss poetry and literary art. You can also discuss music here, including lyrics. Also, you can discuss poets themselves, in addition to poetry.
tmazonga
Currently Reading: Last Seen
Bookshelf Size: 26

Re: Does Music affect what you are Reading

Post by tmazonga »

Music influences my reading only in the sense that it distracts me and I lose concentration.
Tj_baller
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... =4484">The Count of Monte Cristo</a>
Bookshelf Size: 23

Post by Tj_baller »

Personally, reading to pop or rap music distracts me while classical music helps me focus. I don't know but that might just be me. :shifty: :D
R-Myra
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: Keeper of Lost Things
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-r-myra.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing

Post by R-Myra »

I don't think that music affects what I'm reading. I don't think about what I'm listening while reading. My playlist is on shuffle all the time and I concentrate more on the story rather than the genre or mood of the music.
-R
gen_g
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 1984
Bookshelf Size: 104
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gen-g.html
Latest Review: The Diary That Will Change Your Lives Forever by Georgios Zelelidis

Post by gen_g »

melbuhtoast wrote: 01 Jul 2015, 13:20 I don't spend a lot of time listening to music while reading. I'm the very few instances where I do, it's usually instrumentals. Lyrics would be too distracting, I think!
I agree with this totally! I usually find myself pausing the music when I pick up a book.
Revelation32
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by Revelation32 »

It depends on the type of music you are listening to.Reading whilst listening to high life can be a little destructive but I don't get distracted when reading with cool songs
Megisa
Currently Reading: How to Shop For Free
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-megisa.html
Latest Review: Thriving in the Storm by Bill Murphy
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Megisa »

I like listening to music while I read sometimes it helps with the story
Zm Berondo
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Zm Berondo »

As a teenager , When im listening to a music that has lyrics , and if Im familiar with that song . Im getting distracted and i will read the line all over agin just to understand the sense of it , but If im really in to the Story of the book im reading yes it really affects my mood when im reading certain scenes such scenerios that are thrilling to me When it pairs to a song that is thrilling , fast and Bass boost music I really feel the mood of the scenario something like that
Levhy

Post by Levhy »

It depends . Bec. Sometimes if the music was related to the book youre reading it can help you to understand and to feel what was the story all about ..
Adediran Israel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adediran-israel.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley

Post by Adediran Israel »

Music does not affect what I am reading but rather an added inspiration
Ichrak sd
Currently Reading: Adrift
Bookshelf Size: 9

Post by Ichrak sd »

of corse ,music do affect what i'm reading ,it helps you imagine the situation and makes you feel like you are the hero of the book :D :lol:
joseh98

Post by joseh98 »

listening to soft music usually makes my reading more efficient and interesting rather than the loud rap music :wink2:
EmeraldEyes8918
Currently Reading: McDowell
Bookshelf Size: 58

Post by EmeraldEyes8918 »

I like to have instrumental music like the Vitamin String Quartet or Vivaldi violin concertos or Chopin's piano nocturnes playing at a decent volume, just to create a soothing atmosphere.

I usually find that music with lyrics has me singing along rather than reading! :D
SMwathi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-smwathi.html
Latest Review: Pastoring is not what you think by Elijah Oladimeji

Post by SMwathi »

yes. I cannot concentrate. I either listen to music or read the book.
Sharill Rasowo
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Worldlines
Bookshelf Size: 210
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sharill-rasowo.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Sharill Rasowo »

Absolutely it does. If I listen to particular music while reading a book, that song will forever be associated with it. Music can make scenes sadder or happier depending on how the lyrics affect you.
Official_Yagi

Post by Official_Yagi »

I'm so excited meeting other music lovers like me, I actually enjoy listening to music while reading, although some particular brand of music distracts me, I like it that way.

Return to “Poetry & Music”