Listening to the same song repeatedly

This is the place for readers of poetry. Discuss poetry and literary art. You can also discuss music here, including lyrics. Also, you can discuss poets themselves, in addition to poetry.
PlanetHauth
Currently Reading: Celebrity
Bookshelf Size: 766
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-planethauth.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 2 by H.M. Irwing

Re: Listening to the same song repeatedly

Post by PlanetHauth »

I've been listening to The Reckoning by Halestorm on repeat lately. Occasionally it's I Am the Fire also by Halestorm. Halestorm as a whole is pretty much always on repeat in my house. I have a slight obsession.
“Don’t adventures ever have an end? I suppose not. Someone else always has to carry on the story.”
-Bilbo Baggins
Anabiya
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11

Post by Anabiya »

I like to listen to Green Day's songs.
Ernie6988
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ernie6988.html
Latest Review: The 11.05 Murders by Brian O'Hare

Post by Ernie6988 »

I do this and am usually singing it too.
Kradiographer23
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Kradiographer23 »

When I find it hard to speak out what I really feel inside, I listen to a song repeatedly oftentimes.
Mely918
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mely918.html
Latest Review: I'm Going to Kill that Cat by F. Della Notte

Post by Mely918 »

I've been doing this recently with two song: Fix You by Coldplay and The Night We Met by Lord Huron. I have yet to get sick of either song. They're both really beautiful to me.
Shraddha_rc
Currently Reading: McDowell
Bookshelf Size: 72
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shraddha-rc.html
Latest Review: The Engine Woman's Light by Laurel Anne Hill

Post by Shraddha_rc »

There were a few songs that really caught my attention when they were first released and I kept listening to them on repeat. Some of them were Rockabye by Anne Marie, Sean Paul and Clean Bandit, Four Five Seconds by Rihanna, Paul McCartney and Kanye West and Infinity by One Direction.
Bluebird03
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bluebird03.html
Latest Review: Retort and Retribution by Jak Dello

Post by Bluebird03 »

I still push repeat- repeatedly- if I have a new favorite song on a CD. I will play it over and over until I know all the words and can move on to another song. I'm also guilty of doing this with older songs that I have not heard in awhile and used to love.
Firegirl210
Favorite Author: Hugh Howey
Currently Reading: Dust
Bookshelf Size: 15
fav_author_id: 2829

Post by Firegirl210 »

I definitely do the same thing. I listen to the song of the week on repeat until I'm almost sick of it. Not sure what psychologically is driving us to do that lol.
Chikari
Favorite Author: Mitch Albom
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chikari.html
Latest Review: The Talking Baobab Tree by Nelda LaTeef
fav_author_id: 2544

Post by Chikari »

I am the same way! I have a tendency to get "stuck" on a song and want to hear it over and over again. Sometimes it's a group of songs. Like 3 or 4 songs that I listen to and then restart the playlist. It drives my boyfriend bonkers, but I just can't help it!
**Always happy to go on a new adventure!**
jesscat304
Favorite Book: The Subtle Art Of Not Giving A f*ck
Currently Reading: It Ends with Us
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jesscat304.html
Latest Review: Heartaches by H.M. Irwing

Post by jesscat304 »

I definitely do the same thing. Sometimes a song just speaks to my situation or feelings so much that I just cannot get enough of it. I play it all the time for a week and I can’t help singing it wherever I go.
Joe Hadithi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joe-hadithi.html
Latest Review: Ironing by Navajo

Post by Joe Hadithi »

I usually try not to. I find it is like doing drugs where if you do too much, you end up not enjoying as much. So I try to limit myself, and I find that I enjoy the music longer as a result.
Latest Review: Ironing by Navajo
vlinpr13
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 42

Post by vlinpr13 »

I do this on a regular basis, for several reasons. Sometimes, I just have songs that best represent specific moods or my feelings concerning something I'm currently going through, so I feel like playing those songs on repeat helps me to process those emotions more fully. I also have a slight obsession with picking "theme songs" for my book characters, or even for the books themselves. Whenever I am writing a scene that relates to one of the theme songs, I play that song on repeat in the background until I have completed that scene. I always found that songs representing my image of a character helped me to channel that character's personality more accurately, and if its a song that represents the plot line of the novel, it helps to keep me on track by keeping me focused on that plot line rather than getting sidetracked and going off on useless tangents.
kimberlysue
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22

Post by kimberlysue »

If I get a song stuck in my head, I will listen to it over and over. (With headphones of course)
finebunchofnothing
Currently Reading: The Bookshop
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-finebunchofnothing.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by finebunchofnothing »

I don't see anything wrong with listening to one song over and over again, I do it all the time! When I find a new song I can't get enough of it so I put it on repeat. Only when I realize that one more listen would make me hate this song do I change it and only return to it occasionally
And our dreams will break the boundaries of our fear
Kimii200123
Currently Reading: Twisted Threads
Bookshelf Size: 26

Post by Kimii200123 »

If I really like a song I have to listen it the whole time. Otherwise I won't get it out of my head and I will be stuck with a really annoying ear worm.
“The moment you doubt whether you can fly, you cease forever to be able to do it.”
—Peter Pan by J.M. Barrie

Return to “Poetry & Music”